Summary

Value3
wagyu beef, sashimi, Australian beef, Kurobuta Pork Belly, Pork Teppanyaki, Pork collar marinated in tare sauce, Teriyaki Cod, Waygu Beef set for 4 or 2, Yukke Sashimi, australian harami, australian karubi, australian rosu, beef, eryingi mushroom, kuro collar, prawns, sake, wagyu beef - $38 View all
Dinner, Lunch, Quiet, After Work, Children/Family, Large Groups/Gathering, Buffet, Chillout, Girls Night Out, Brunch, Boys Night Out, Vibrant/Noisy, Waterfront, BBQ, Business Dining, Romance/First Dates, View/Scenery View all

Very Good Service!

We went to Tajimaya on 3rd Feb for dinner and the service was really good. We were there around 5.50 and we thought dinner only starts at 6 cus no one was in the restaurant , so we waited outside. But when one of the waiters saw us , he came out to bring us in. We started ordering food and all waiters served us with a smile. so i didnt understand the previous reviews of bad service. Maybe i was lucky to meet nice waiters? HAHA anyways the food was good, the meat was tender(especially beef)  and everything seems fine to me this time. Ohh the sashimi is really nice. Overall a very good experience.

Most helpful reviews for Tajimaya

Horrible waiters/staffs I have ever experienced

Try to stay away from this restaurant if you don't want to ruin your quiet evening dinner. I never experienced such rude waiters in my life.

Bad service

Reserved a table at 8pm for Valentine's Day but the reservation was not honored. Extremely disappointed. Manager told us to joIn the normal queue and said that we had to call them after successfully making an online reservation - what's the point of accepting online reservations then?!

Bad Service!!!!!

disappointed!!! bad service!!! slow service!!!! not worth for value!!!! staff not friendly. the buffet limit time for 2hrs. but their serving d*** slow. i have speak out to their supervisor . the supervisor still not admited their fault!!!

Service worthy of a maximum security prison

The most negative culinary experience I've ever had. We arrived at 9:00pm. This was close to closing apparently, but no one told us. We were invited in and encouraged to order about SGD300 worth of food (between 3 people). The bill came before half of our meal had been served. What followed was upsetting.

A waitress stood over us and practically force fed us. The whole point of Japanese BBQ is to enjoy food cooked to your liking, at your own pace. However, the waitress would not stop dumping food onto the grill and piling it up on our plates. My friend, who does not enjoy her beef rare, had to keep returning the meat to the grill only for the waitress to return it to her plate a moment later each time! They were clearly trying to rush us out.

To be totally frank, if they had told us they were going to close soon and asked us to go elsewhere, we would have understood. However, one does feel quite lousy when they're encouraged to spend 300 dollars, and are then made to feel like part of a meat assembly line. I was stressed. The grumpy looks on the faces of the staff were enough to make us lose our appetite. We felt so pressured to eat, we ate so fast we all felt a bit sick after. We complained to management, which I've never done in my life (in fact, this is the first restaurant review I've ever felt compelled to write), but they all but ignored us. I have lived in Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand and the US, eaten at many restaurants, and this was the worst dining experience I've ever had.

Good charcoal grill place

This is a casual Yakiniku style Japanese restaurant which specialises in its charcoal grill meat. The space at Vivocity is quite spacious and faces the waterfront if you manage to get a table towards the back of the restaurant. If you like beef, they have a wide selection of Beef Loin, Beef Sirloin and Beef Short Rib. The Garlic Fried Rice is a good staple option but I would advise you to share a bowl first to avoid it being too heavy. You can also try their salmon sashimi. The fish is fresh and melts once its in your mouth.