Summary

wagyu beef, sashimi, Australian beef, Kurobuta Pork Belly, Pork Teppanyaki, Pork collar marinated in tare sauce, Teriyaki Cod, Waygu Beef set for 4 or 2, Yukke Sashimi, australian harami, australian karubi, australian rosu, beef, eryingi mushroom, kuro collar, prawns, sake, wagyu beef - $38 View all
Dinner, Lunch, Quiet, After Work, Children/Family, Large Groups/Gathering, Buffet, Chillout, Girls Night Out, Brunch, Boys Night Out, Vibrant/Noisy, Waterfront, BBQ, Business Dining, Romance/First Dates, View/Scenery View all

Good charcoal grill place

This is a casual Yakiniku style Japanese restaurant which specialises in its charcoal grill meat. The space at Vivocity is quite spacious and faces the waterfront if you manage to get a table towards the back of the restaurant. If you like beef, they have a wide selection of Beef Loin, Beef Sirloin and Beef Short Rib. The Garlic Fried Rice is a good staple option but I would advise you to share a bowl first to avoid it being too heavy. You can also try their salmon sashimi. The fish is fresh and melts once its in your mouth.

Most helpful reviews for Tajimaya

Horrible waiters/staffs I have ever experienced

Try to stay away from this restaurant if you don't want to ruin your quiet evening dinner. I never experienced such rude waiters in my life.

Bad service

Reserved a table at 8pm for Valentine's Day but the reservation was not honored. Extremely disappointed. Manager told us to joIn the normal queue and said that we had to call them after successfully making an online reservation - what's the point of accepting online reservations then?!

Bad Service!!!!!

disappointed!!! bad service!!! slow service!!!! not worth for value!!!! staff not friendly. the buffet limit time for 2hrs. but their serving d*** slow. i have speak out to their supervisor . the supervisor still not admited their fault!!!

Service worthy of a maximum security prison

The most negative culinary experience I've ever had. We arrived at 9:00pm. This was close to closing apparently, but no one told us. We were invited in and encouraged to order about SGD300 worth of food (between 3 people). The bill came before half of our meal had been served. What followed was upsetting.

A waitress stood over us and practically force fed us. The whole point of Japanese BBQ is to enjoy food cooked to your liking, at your own pace. However, the waitress would not stop dumping food onto the grill and piling it up on our plates. My friend, who does not enjoy her beef rare, had to keep returning the meat to the grill only for the waitress to return it to her plate a moment later each time! They were clearly trying to rush us out.

To be totally frank, if they had told us they were going to close soon and asked us to go elsewhere, we would have understood. However, one does feel quite lousy when they're encouraged to spend 300 dollars, and are then made to feel like part of a meat assembly line. I was stressed. The grumpy looks on the faces of the staff were enough to make us lose our appetite. We felt so pressured to eat, we ate so fast we all felt a bit sick after. We complained to management, which I've never done in my life (in fact, this is the first restaurant review I've ever felt compelled to write), but they all but ignored us. I have lived in Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand and the US, eaten at many restaurants, and this was the worst dining experience I've ever had.

A disgrace to the name

I thought it was affiliated with the Tajima-ya in Japan but apparently not... Already starting off on the wrong foot with the rip-off name; ordered the promotion course and EVERYTHING IN THE COURSE ARRIVED ALL AT THE SAME TIME! So I was bombarded with tempura and chawan-mushi and miso soup and garlic rice- while still eating salad! IT'S CALLED A COURSE FOR A REASON! So by the time I finished eating salad the tempura was cold and hard as a rock, and did not have the privilege of finishing the course with miso soup and rice- as they were also cold and stale by the time I got to it... Seriously, hasn't the manager ever been to a proper yakiniku place??? The manager also was keeping on flicking his smart phone in front of the diners. Sure, he must be ordering meat for the next day, but for all we know, he may be playing candy crush!! It's a distraction and he should do it in the kitchen or the backyard... Or even better, wait until he closes shop!!! To top it off, my son threw up everything that he ate at 1 am... Since he was the only one to throw up and also the only one who ate tuna sashimi, it must have been that the fish has gone bad.
Really, with the place run as badly as it is, at least it should give up its name. The REAL Tajima-ya's name is completely tainted. One of the worst experiences ever in Singapore.

To be fair, the quality of the meat is good. If you pay for the price tag it carries.