Back to Tajimaya#01-102/103, Vivocity, 1 Harbourfront Walk

View/Scenery3 votes

welove2eat
 • 05 Oct 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
We went to this Restuarant for a Sunday Night dinner on 5 Oct 2014. We were there at 6.10pm and waited outside the place for someone to serve us to a sit. From the outside we can see that the place is totally empty so we expected to be given a place fast. We waited for 5 or more minute and no one come to serve us so we walk in ourselves and find a table ourselves. Immediately after we sit down a waiter come to our table and I ask him why there were no one to serve us and he said they were short handed. I saw 3 server and only 1 table so maybe they needed 3 person to serve 1 particular table.

We order the kurobuta pork set for 2, Waygu Ribeye and Waygu Tongue. Also order a cranberry juice and 3 Ice Green Tea.

Food was good but service is the worst you can get in the whole of Singapore. Our drinks was never serve to us and my wife had to serve herself and us with the Ice Green Tea as the counter was next to us. We ask the personal there for the drink 3 time and they just do not bother to serve it to us. We were only serve when my wife had to do it herself. As for the cranberry juice we had to ask 5 time and it was finally serve to my daugther when we had already finish dinner.

With the Pork set there was Garlic Rice and we ask for it for at least 3 time and it was finally serve to us when we finish all the meat.

When we ask for the bill it come within 1 to 2 mins (when billing there is no lack of manpower) and if you are there do check your bill as they charge you each time more for the order that never arrived and you repeatedly ask for. We paid $200+ for the dinner and get the worst service imaginable for a up class restuarant.

I had such a bad image of this place that I will give all place run by Creative Eateries a miss from now on.

lovefoodcray
 • 21 Jul 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Visited Tajimaya for the Weekend Lunch Buffet @ $54/pax after tax and service charge. I enjoyed the dinner I had here last year and was very happy to find out they now offer weekend lunch buffets. Overall the quality and offerings of the buffet makes the price great value for money. The Wagyu Beef and Tiger Prawns will satisfy your craving for surf and turf.

However, the service standard at Tajimaya needs to be reviewed. After being seated, none of the waiters/manager bothered to bring the menu to our table. They also consistently avoided eye contact and calls from other tables. When our orders were finally taken, we were made to wait 15 minutes before the food was served. There was certainly no heart when taking orders as many times our orders were either forgotten or we were served the wrong dishes or in small portions.

-A short snippet of the All-You-Can-Eat Menu-

Meat:
Wagyu Beef, US Angus, Kurobata Pork Collar/Loin, Duck, Chicken and Lamb

Sashimi:
Salmon, Tuna, Swordfish etc

Others:
Tiger Prawns, Shishamo, Cuttlefish, Vegetables, Garlic Rice, Apple/Orange Juice and Green Tea

Must tries: wagyu beef

BBQ, Children/Family, Dinner, Lunch

chefquak
 • 20 Jul 2014 197 reviews 1 follower
Overall
See my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2014/07/20/good-3pax-yakiniku-dinner-tajimaya-vivocity-on-20jul2014/

we had always gone to aburiya. maybe it was familiarity & convenience, even though we knew that tajimaya by the creative eateries group had amex discounts.
this the first time we were dining here. amex offer was 1person off, so 33% discounts for 3pax alacarte exclude drinks.
looking at the menu we felt the prices were kind of expensive. another negative point was they did not serve tap water. so only 2 options – pay S$5.90++ for 1litre bottled water OR S$3++pax for tea (refillable). we ordered 3 tea, but if i go again, i am quite prepared to go w/o water during the meal.
i am ok with restaurants charging for water. however i think it should be like S$0.30 or S$0.50 or max S$1 & refillable, NOT S$5.90 for 1 litre water (bottled or tap).
we added the wagyu towards the end decided that since we were there, might as well gave it a try. the kuroge wagyu (黑毛和牛) karubi (short ribs) was good. not sure if worth money even with 33% discounts but it was good.
our first orders were the USA ribeye & karubi, and the kurobuta pork jowl. all were good though my wife preferred the beef shio (just salt) so we late had the wagyu order shio.
for me, both beef were good, and the kurobuta was best.
we had the beef ishiyaki don. we must be hungry as we added also the pork ishiyaki don.
how did tajimaya match up with aburiya. we missed our favourite kimchi chigae & the bibimen (cold spicy noodles) at aburiya. the ishiyaki don here i would rate as better than aburiya’s bibimbab as it had a lot more ingredients – quite substantial beef & pork. meat wise my wife still preferred aburiya. i am ok with both.
our dinner was S$186nett for 3pax after discounts. that though included the expensive wagyu & also S$30++ for sake & S$9++ for 3 tea.
for me, tajimaya was too ex w/o discounts. with discount, it was an alternative to aburiya though I preferred aburiya also for the kimchi chigae & bibime