Back to (Closed) Tatsu Teppanyaki#01-15/15A, Chijmes, 30 Victoria...

• 08 Jul 2014 316 reviews 86 followers
Overall
As usual, strongly recommended by my friend.  So we went together with an oversea friend. I wouldn't want to disappoint my oversea friend, who was letting me to bring her for a good dinner.

Thanks goodness, it was good turnout for all of us.  Yes, my first time going there after the revamp.  Though the cost was at the steep side, sometimes, the food delectable might not necessary equal to the amount of money spent.

It was worth the money that we have spent per person, less than 200bucks. We had afew dishes of sashimi, before we had the teppanyaki set.  So far, this store's wagyu beef was tendering with melting juice in my mouth.  Mind you, my beef always order to be well-done.  Imagine, what if it's medium rare or cooked, I am starting to lingering for this beef taste.

You need to make booking in advance, for the indoor seatings are limited, not very spacious area. As usual, we chose the bar counter seatings.
Dinner

Eugenia123456
 • 13 Dec 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall

·         Went to their Asia Square Tower 2 outlet which just opened. Indeed the service staff is super friendly. However, to cut the long story short, the truth is they are just trying to up sell. Not sincere at all.
The waitress claimed the sushi is super nice trying to upsell and I ordered the salmon sushi. Thankfully I did not order the other sushi, as my friend shared with me the sushi is not the best. The sushi is not lousy but not as nice as claimed. In addition, the SLIPPER LOBSTERS ($26) turned into LOBSTERS ($70) when we already highlighted twice we wanted Slipper lobsters. In the end we are charged much more. The main point is the LOBSTERS costing us $70 is really mini and the taste is not superb. Felt extremely cheated.
·         Food is of reasonable quality especially the King prawn and Asahi from the tap. The garlic rice not bad.

mgm2778
 • 25 Aug 2012 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Good food, service was good, but a bit pricey for Chijmes. Sashimi starter for 3 was S$150, and a Wagyu set was S$108. I find Gyu Kaku for Japanese BBQ a better value.

Owner was thankful and polite, and our waitress was at tentative with a hint of a sense of humor. Recommend sitting by the chefs as this is part of the experience. We chose to sit in the back room.

Dinner, After Work, Quiet