Back to (Closed) Tatsu Teppanyaki#01-15/15A, Chijmes, 30 Victoria...

• 08 Jul 2014 313 reviews 86 followers
Overall
As usual, strongly recommended by my friend.  So we went together with an oversea friend. I wouldn't want to disappoint my oversea friend, who was letting me to bring her for a good dinner.

Thanks goodness, it was good turnout for all of us.  Yes, my first time going there after the revamp.  Though the cost was at the steep side, sometimes, the food delectable might not necessary equal to the amount of money spent.

It was worth the money that we have spent per person, less than 200bucks. We had afew dishes of sashimi, before we had the teppanyaki set.  So far, this store's wagyu beef was tendering with melting juice in my mouth.  Mind you, my beef always order to be well-done.  Imagine, what if it's medium rare or cooked, I am starting to lingering for this beef taste.

You need to make booking in advance, for the indoor seatings are limited, not very spacious area. As usual, we chose the bar counter seatings.
Dinner

Eugenia123456
 • 13 Dec 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall

·         Went to their Asia Square Tower 2 outlet which just opened. Indeed the service staff is super friendly. However, to cut the long story short, the truth is they are just trying to up sell. Not sincere at all.
The waitress claimed the sushi is super nice trying to upsell and I ordered the salmon sushi. Thankfully I did not order the other sushi, as my friend shared with me the sushi is not the best. The sushi is not lousy but not as nice as claimed. In addition, the SLIPPER LOBSTERS ($26) turned into LOBSTERS ($70) when we already highlighted twice we wanted Slipper lobsters. In the end we are charged much more. The main point is the LOBSTERS costing us $70 is really mini and the taste is not superb. Felt extremely cheated.
·         Food is of reasonable quality especially the King prawn and Asahi from the tap. The garlic rice not bad.

123notes321
 • 01 Jan 2013 136 reviews 0 follower
Overall
A meal here is not exactly cheap, but the entertainment value and service that come with it, make up for it.  The chef actively engaged us in conversations and showed his skills with his cooking utensils, like juggling and flipping the egg, throwing the salt holder into the smoke absorber above, etc.  The food is quite nice, especially the rice which did not had any hard and bitter bits founf commonly in garlic fried rice, and kurobuta, an item the restaurant gladly changed for us since we do not eat beef.  Nicely and mildly flavored.  Though do not expect the food to be mind blowing good.  The taste is of the more safe type, that seeks to please instead of to excite or stand above the rest.  Enjoyed the meal there because of the combination of entertainment, interaction and food.  Service is pretty good.  Ambience is well, clean.  Nice place for a teppanyaki experience.