Reviews for (Closed) Tatsu Teppanyaki

3.4

AsianJapanese

Opened finally after the revamp.

As usual, strongly recommended by my friend.  So we went together with an oversea friend. I wouldn't want to disappoint my oversea friend, who was letting me to bring her for a good dinner.

Thanks goodness, it was good turnout for all of us.  Yes, my first time going there after the revamp.  Though the cost was at the steep side, sometimes, the food delectable might not necessary equal to the amount of money spent.

It was worth the money that we have spent per person, less than 200bucks. We had afew dishes of sashimi, before we had the teppanyaki set.  So far, this store's wagyu beef was tendering with melting juice in my mouth.  Mind you, my beef always order to be well-done.  Imagine, what if it's medium rare or cooked, I am starting to lingering for this beef taste.

You need to make booking in advance, for the indoor seatings are limited, not very spacious area. As usual, we chose the bar counter seatings.
25 Jan 2015 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Paid $620 for the dinner just to get chased away by the restaurant

I used to like Tatsu for its Teppanyaki, not any more.

I was at its Chijmes outlet a year ago, had a great time. After its recent renovation, I went to the same restaurant again with my family yesterday, I was looking for a great night out, but it turned out to be a disaster!

If I were to give the restaurant a new tagline, it would be “Tatsu – the Teppanyaki fast food”. Starting from the moment we sat down, the clock was ticking. Our 8-course Wagyu dinner was fully served in less than 30 mins. I thought the whole point of eating Teppanyaki is to have every dish served sizzling hot, but by the time I started to eat my main dish the food was already cold.

Just when I was about to fish the last bite of my dessert, I were told “Sorry, our customers are coming, can you please take your leave?” I was shocked and furious. In my 30 years’ dining experience, from McDonald to Michelin-star restaurants, never have I seen anyone chasing away their customers like that, not mentioning the fact that I just had paid more than S$600 for the meal. This is utterly unacceptable by any standards.

I think the Tatsu just earned another tagline for their service, “Tatsu – the next customer is always more important than you.”

While trying to maximize profit by squeezing in as many customers as possible and increasing customer turn-over rate, the dining experience has been severely compromised. As an ex-fan, I am greatly disappointed.
08 Jul 2014 • 316 reviews • 86 followers

Opened finally after the revamp.

13 Dec 2013 • 1 review • 0 follower

Food of reasonable quality but not fabulous. Service staff to upsell only

·         Went to their Asia Square Tower 2 outlet which just opened. Indeed the service staff is super friendly. However, to cut the long story short, the truth is they are just trying to up sell. Not sincere at all.
The waitress claimed the sushi is super nice trying to upsell and I ordered the salmon sushi. Thankfully I did not order the other sushi, as my friend shared with me the sushi is not the best. The sushi is not lousy but not as nice as claimed. In addition, the SLIPPER LOBSTERS ($26) turned into LOBSTERS ($70) when we already highlighted twice we wanted Slipper lobsters. In the end we are charged much more. The main point is the LOBSTERS costing us $70 is really mini and the taste is not superb. Felt extremely cheated. ·         Food is of reasonable quality especially the King prawn and Asahi from the tap. The garlic rice not bad.

Similar Listings