Mon - Wed: 17:00 - 00:00
Thu - Fri: 17:00 - 01:00
Sun: 10:00 - 17:00
Sat: 17:00 - 00:00
The Beast is an American Restaurant and bar located along Jalan Klapa serving a taste of the American South featuring southern comfort foods, craft beers, specialty bourbons and the finest Southern hospitality.
This is a very interesting restaurant that I visited recently. It’s a Bourbon Whisky Bar that also serves good American Southern Food.
The menu was interesting and we ordered several dishes to try:
- Jack and the beast stalk: Long beans cut into 6cm strips, breaded with flour and deep fried. A but like tempura and dusted with a special seasoning. Was good.
- Chilli con carne: Tortilla chips with a home-made chilli con carne. I liked the chilli con carne. Mildly spicy.
- Freshly baked cornbread: This was presented like a slice of cake and it was served warm with a medallion of butter on top and a side serving of maple syrup. A must-order!
- Bacon Mac & cheese: Baked mac and cheese with bacon bits in them. Good.
- Blackened pork collar: Not exactly black, but the pork was sliced into bite-sized pieces for easy sharing and eating.
- Southern fried steak: This was the first time I had steak which is breaded and deep-fried. The steak was thin, about 0.5cm, so it was very well done. Must-order!
- Chicken & waffles: We got a fried chicken chop on waffles. A very unique dish where you get fried chicken and waffles. All of us loved it.
- Peach Crumble: You get Apple crumble at most places, so this was different. Topped with vanilla ice-cream and strawberries. It was gone in no time.
- Mississippi mud pie: This was a slice of frozen ice cream cake. If you love chocolate, order this!
The restaurant has got unique menu and if you love your Bourbon whisky, you will be spoilt for choice. Check out this restaurant if you can!
2nd time coming back.
Love their fried chicken, it's not too oily and it's tender inside!
Blackened pork collar is a bit fatty, but still taste awesome, with all the mashed potato and vegetables.
Southern poutine (fries) portion is quite big, and it's quite salty, so better come with 3pax or more if you have already ordered a lot of dishes.
Personally I felt that their dishes are a little salty. It's better to come here with a big group of friends to share the food. Dim lighting from the restaurant to the toilet. And the high table/stool, not very comfortable.
Unlike some other reviews, I find their service is OK, they are not rude at all, but not fantastic either, just met general expectation.
I will definitely come back for their chicken & waffle!
Prices a bit steep (their website has the menu with prices) but there's 1 for 1 entertainer app.
Food is good, especially the chicken and waffles. Waitstaff were all a bit too eager and kept repeating the same questions to us. Drinks were a bit steep; the chairs and utensils weren’t that comfortable, so we didn't choose to have anything here. The overall experience was pretty OK.