Birthdays3 votes
The Beast’s Southern Comfort brunch!. Other deals are available, find out more

howinston
 • 05 Jun 2014 62 reviews 0 follower
Overall
This is a very interesting restaurant that I visited recently. It’s a Bourbon Whisky Bar that also serves good American Southern Food.

The menu was interesting and we ordered  several dishes to try:
Starters
- Jack and the beast stalk: Long beans cut into 6cm strips, breaded with flour and deep fried. A but like tempura and dusted with a special seasoning. Was good.
- Chilli con carne: Tortilla chips with a home-made chilli con carne. I liked the chilli con carne. Mildly spicy.

Sides
- Freshly baked cornbread: This was presented like a slice of cake and it was served warm with a medallion of butter on top and a side serving of maple syrup. A must-order!
- Bacon Mac & cheese: Baked mac and cheese with bacon bits in them. Good.

Mains
- Blackened pork collar: Not exactly black, but the pork was sliced into bite-sized pieces for easy sharing and eating.
- Southern fried steak: This was the first time I had steak which is breaded and deep-fried. The steak was thin, about 0.5cm, so it was very well done. Must-order!
- Chicken & waffles: We got a fried chicken chop on waffles. A very unique dish where you get fried chicken and waffles. All of us loved it.

Desserts
- Peach Crumble: You get Apple crumble at most places, so this was different. Topped with vanilla ice-cream and strawberries. It was gone in no time.
- Mississippi mud pie: This was a slice of frozen ice cream cake. If you love chocolate, order this!

The restaurant has got  unique menu and if you love your Bourbon whisky, you will be spoilt for choice. Check out this restaurant if you can!

Must tries: Peach Crumble, Chicken & waffles, Blackened pork collar, Freshly baked cornbread, Chilli con carne

Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Birthdays, Chillout, Dinner, Hidden Find, Large Groups

Celine Asril
 • 06 May 2014 250 reviews 9 followers
Overall
Checked in at The Beast for some American Southern-style lovin'. The homegrown bourbon house has just tweaked its menu - they've made it bigger, with a better kitchen team. The chicken and waffles ($20) is proof of that improvement: we liked the 24-hour buttermilk chicken much better this time (it is crisper, richer, meat more tender), on the soft but still sturdy waffles, and a sweet and strong bourbon maple butter sauce. We're working on a waffles-you-*must*-try story and this will surely be included. We're told a new Southern-style brunch will be served at the end of May 2014 - yay hangover brunches!

Must tries: Fried Chicken with Waffles, Mississippi mud pie

After Work, Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Anniversary, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Breakfast, Chillout, Dinner, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Parties
  • Mississippi mud pie
  • Chicken & waffles
  • Mississippi mud pie
  • Chicken & waffles

NicolasH
 • 10 Feb 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Went over to this new american restaurant and bar last weekend saturday night. Was pretty packed and thankfully my friends and I were able to get a table.

First! Tried the Fried Chicken with Waffles served. At first I feel kinda weird with the combination but when the moment it was served, my impression for the combination changed and I smiled with a big grin. Waffles were good (crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside) and the chicken, I specifically requested for chicken breast meat part and it's good compared to other places where they served the chicken breast meat like rock.

Second! My friend's farm boy burger. The beef patty was cooked awesome! Took a bite from it and it feels like I could have go for a second round to order this. (Eventually I did but I shared with him though lol). Not to forget the cajun fries, it's cooked well and just a tip for people out there to visit, remember to go along with the sauce because it's pretty worth a try before eating the burger :)

Oops, forgot to mention bout their Sweet Tea. It's a must to go along if you order any food, taste good and refreshing! Thumbs up for this american restaurant and bar for anyone who's looking for real authentic South American food and drinks!

Must tries: Farm boy Burger, Fried Chicken with Waffles, Sweet tea, Beers

After Work, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Festivals, Large Groups/Gathering, Live Band, Night Out, Relaxed