The menu was interesting and we ordered several dishes to try:
- Jack and the beast stalk: Long beans cut into 6cm strips, breaded with flour and deep fried. A but like tempura and dusted with a special seasoning. Was good.
- Chilli con carne: Tortilla chips with a home-made chilli con carne. I liked the chilli con carne. Mildly spicy.
- Freshly baked cornbread: This was presented like a slice of cake and it was served warm with a medallion of butter on top and a side serving of maple syrup. A must-order!
- Bacon Mac & cheese: Baked mac and cheese with bacon bits in them. Good.
- Blackened pork collar: Not exactly black, but the pork was sliced into bite-sized pieces for easy sharing and eating.
- Southern fried steak: This was the first time I had steak which is breaded and deep-fried. The steak was thin, about 0.5cm, so it was very well done. Must-order!
- Chicken & waffles: We got a fried chicken chop on waffles. A very unique dish where you get fried chicken and waffles. All of us loved it.
- Peach Crumble: You get Apple crumble at most places, so this was different. Topped with vanilla ice-cream and strawberries. It was gone in no time.
- Mississippi mud pie: This was a slice of frozen ice cream cake. If you love chocolate, order this!
The restaurant has got unique menu and if you love your Bourbon whisky, you will be spoilt for choice. Check out this restaurant if you can!
I spent $30 per person.
Must tries: Peach Crumble, Chicken & waffles, Blackened pork collar, Freshly baked cornbread, Chilli con carne
- I also recommend this place for:
- Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Birthdays, Chillout, Dinner, Hidden Find, Large Groups
0 people found this review helpful
Was it helpful to you? Yes