Fried Chicken with Waffles3 votes
Birthdays4 votes
The Beast’s Southern Comfort brunch! - 20% OFF Main Courses. Other deals are available, find out more

DannyF
 • 24 Aug 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Just had brunch at The Beast and it was excellent! I miss good southern US food and this place satisfied my craving with their chicken and waffle. The staff are very friendly and service was great. Everything on their brunch menu looked amazing so I will definitely be back every Sunday to try the rest. I've been there for dinner too though and their dinner menu is equally as impressive. I highly recommend this restaurant... Great food, great service, great ambiance!

Must tries: Fried Chicken with Waffles

After Work, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Brunch

howinston
 • 05 Jun 2014 88 reviews 0 follower
Overall
This is a very interesting restaurant that I visited recently. It’s a Bourbon Whisky Bar that also serves good American Southern Food.

The menu was interesting and we ordered  several dishes to try:
Starters
- Jack and the beast stalk: Long beans cut into 6cm strips, breaded with flour and deep fried. A but like tempura and dusted with a special seasoning. Was good.
- Chilli con carne: Tortilla chips with a home-made chilli con carne. I liked the chilli con carne. Mildly spicy.

Sides
- Freshly baked cornbread: This was presented like a slice of cake and it was served warm with a medallion of butter on top and a side serving of maple syrup. A must-order!
- Bacon Mac & cheese: Baked mac and cheese with bacon bits in them. Good.

Mains
- Blackened pork collar: Not exactly black, but the pork was sliced into bite-sized pieces for easy sharing and eating.
- Southern fried steak: This was the first time I had steak which is breaded and deep-fried. The steak was thin, about 0.5cm, so it was very well done. Must-order!
- Chicken & waffles: We got a fried chicken chop on waffles. A very unique dish where you get fried chicken and waffles. All of us loved it.

Desserts
- Peach Crumble: You get Apple crumble at most places, so this was different. Topped with vanilla ice-cream and strawberries. It was gone in no time.
- Mississippi mud pie: This was a slice of frozen ice cream cake. If you love chocolate, order this!

The restaurant has got  unique menu and if you love your Bourbon whisky, you will be spoilt for choice. Check out this restaurant if you can!

Must tries: Peach Crumble, Chicken & waffles, Blackened pork collar, Freshly baked cornbread, Chilli con carne

Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Birthdays, Chillout, Dinner, Hidden Find, Large Groups

Celine Asril
 • 06 May 2014 264 reviews 9 followers
Overall
Checked in at The Beast for some American Southern-style lovin'. The homegrown bourbon house has just tweaked its menu - they've made it bigger, with a better kitchen team. The chicken and waffles ($20) is proof of that improvement: we liked the 24-hour buttermilk chicken much better this time (it is crisper, richer, meat more tender), on the soft but still sturdy waffles, and a sweet and strong bourbon maple butter sauce. We're working on a waffles-you-*must*-try story and this will surely be included. We're told a new Southern-style brunch will be served at the end of May 2014 - yay hangover brunches!

Must tries: Fried Chicken with Waffles, Mississippi mud pie

After Work, Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Anniversary, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Breakfast, Chillout, Dinner, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Parties
  • Mississippi mud pie