Review for The Beast

AmericanBeer
Address: 17 Jalan Klapa, 199329

10 Feb 2014

THE BEAST indeed! Real American South food and good drinks to go along with

Went over to this new american restaurant and bar last weekend saturday night. Was pretty packed and thankfully my friends and I were able to get a table.

First! Tried the Fried Chicken with Waffles served. At first I feel kinda weird with the combination but when the moment it was served, my impression for the combination changed and I smiled with a big grin. Waffles were good (crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside) and the chicken, I specifically requested for chicken breast meat part and it's good compared to other places where they served the chicken breast meat like rock.

Second! My friend's farm boy burger. The beef patty was cooked awesome! Took a bite from it and it feels like I could have go for a second round to order this. (Eventually I did but I shared with him though lol). Not to forget the cajun fries, it's cooked well and just a tip for people out there to visit, remember to go along with the sauce because it's pretty worth a try before eating the burger :)

Oops, forgot to mention bout their Sweet Tea. It's a must to go along if you order any food, taste good and refreshing! Thumbs up for this american restaurant and bar for anyone who's looking for real authentic South American food and drinks!
Farm boy Burger, Fried Chicken with Waffles, Sweet tea, Beers

More reviews of The Beast

Overall

Good food and nice atmosphere.

Food is good, especially the chicken and waffles. Waitstaff were all a bit too eager and kept repeating the same questions to us. Drinks were a bit steep; the chairs and utensils weren’t that comfortable, so we didn't choose to have anything here. The overall experience was pretty OK.

Perpetually Rude

Never could understand this place. Each time I come in, the constant experience is being totally and absolutely ignored by the wait staff. Look at you as though you are not there.  The only time you get their initial attention is when they tell you that you are occupying a reserved table.

It may have decent menu and you may eventually get half decent service if you can live past the initial cold shoulder, but I think the service element of the wait staff here seriously needs a kick-in-the-button.

Yes to fried chicken!

Craving for fried chicken? Wanting to relax after work? Looking for a quiet place for dinner on a weekday? Then you just might like to consider The Beast.

I was there for dinner on a weekday at around 7pm, and we were still in time for happy hours drinks (but not for the happy hour finger food when they would sell food such as fried oreos and chicken wings at $1 per piece :(). There were also few customers and the place was pretty quiet with music playing in the background.

The highlight for me would have to be the buttermilk chicken, which came with waffles. I am usually not a waffles person, but I felt that The Beast served pretty good waffles – crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. My companion had the Southern Fried Chicken, which was pretty good as well. That said, the buttermilk chicken was the true winner with its crispy skin and juicy meat.

I also pretty enjoyed the roasted tomato soup, which came in a jar. The cheese toast that came with the soup also made for a good appetiser.

In terms of the prices, I felt that it was a bit on the pricier end with the cheapest main course going for $20 (not to forget GST and service charge).

Oh yes, and not to forget, water is self-service …

Overall

Definitely overrated and poor value for money

Quality of food is so-so with the kind of price. The pork collar was a tad too salty, but it makes sense because the mashed potato is bland. That's all? Expected more variety, at least in terms of taste. Ambient is good for chilling out. Service is rock bottom. Had to wait long for the menu to come which was placed out of reach. When we asked for the bill, they were in such a hurry to clear the plates that the waiter actually shoved us. There is no hurry given that the place is not even crowded at all, on a Friday night.

If you have nowhere to go on a Friday night, this may be a nice quiet empty place to chill out. The beer selection is not too bad, I think.

Great little place

Good pub food, not your usual American fare
Great service. Were about to try another place, but it had so many bad service reviews, was good to go to a place that had good service
Fun place especially on Open Mic night