Reviews for The Black Swan

AmericanBeerEuropeanWesternWine
Bright Star

nice ambience, F&B is so so

Had a few drinks after work. Nice dark quiet setting upstairs. But the food and drink selection is nothing special. Go there for no thrills chill out in a decent atmosphere. I noticed most of the blokes were normal. However, the women looked miserable especially the expat ones who, well, were trying too hard shall we say.
18 Dec 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Wonderful Food But Poor Service

Had the set lunch with my friends and the food was exquisite and well executed. We thoroughly enjoyed the beef tartare, seafood linguine, foie gras, steak, wild swan burger and desserts.

The service was mixed. The food server was lovely as he clearly knew the proper way of serving the food to guests. However the some of the staff exhibit horrendous customer service. I suggest that they need to go through re-training.

When I made reservations on the phone a few days ago, I was told that we would be seated at the high tables and can be moved to the short/proper ones later. When I was at the restaurant, I reminded the woman who looked like the manager (at the door) about my request twice. But we were never moved to those tables even when they were empty at 2pm. We gave up asking and were left seated at the tall tables for another hour. To make matters worse, each time I told the same woman about needing to move as there is a 3 year old child with us (so obviously high stools and tables are not suitable), she gave me a condescending look. Looking at the number of office people from the tall tables that she moved to the shorter ones, clearly there is biasness in her attitude.

The door staff was just as bad. Not only did they not help my friend to bring in the baby pram, they did not even bother to hold the door for her when we enter and exit the restaurant.

Yes I realized that this resturant is meant to cater to the chic Raffles Place office workers, but this is no excuse for poor attitude and service. We have been a number of posh resturants with a child but never one with such horrid service. So much so that I am compelled to write this review on hungrygowhere.

ps. Just in case you think that the child was noisy, I would like to inform you that she was rather demure and well-behaved. She sat down the whole time, except walking to check out the christmas tree towards the end when there were less people.
18 Aug 2014 • 4 reviews • 0 follower

nice ambience, F&B is so so

28 Jan 2014 • 4 reviews • 0 follower

A beautiful restaurant that sets the bar very high but then fails to jump over it

The Black Swan is an exquisitely designed art deco restaurant in the heart of Singapore’s CBD. From the moment you walk in, you realise nothing has been left to chance. But while it’s been meticulously planned, the execution is wanting.

If you want the full lowdown on my visit at the Black Swan, just check out my review on reddotstuff.com.