Food Lover Simon
 • 10 May 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Nice place with a nostalgic place with great service staff. Like the cakes and the tarts. Like the ambience and the setup. Must try their wonderfully baked cakes and waffle

blithe01
 • 16 Dec 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Read about this cafe in 8 days magazine, so decided to venture here. Found it just 2 shops away from Fong Seng (NUS students would know where Fong Seng nasi lemak and prata shop is!).

Inside, the quaint cafe is cosy and full of colour. Walking into it reminds me of my childhood days from the 90s. Carebears, muppet babies, old-school McDonald's collectables, and Koeda chan toys from the more recent years. We started reminiscing our childhood days just looking at the entire bookcase of toys.

It rained on the day of our visit, making it even more romantic. Sitting inside the cafe, sipping on my cuppa Hazelnut Latte, watching the world go by outside. This is a nice place to while away the time, or just hang out with friends. I really appreciate the respect and distance that the cafe staff gave us by not popping up every now and then to clear away the empty cups and plates. We enjoyed our afternoon tea in peace and quietness.

Their cakes are rich and flavourful. Definitely value for money. I ordered the Lemony peppermint pie and I love it! It's light and tastes like a puff of cloud. My better half ordered the Peanut butter candy bar pie - if you have a sweet-tooth, you'd definitely love this! And we ordered a brownie to go, simply because we could no longer stomach another cake though we were craving for more. Haha...

I'm definitely coming back. Next time, I'm bringing my besties along. :)

Must tries: Lemony Peppermint Pie, Brownie with Cream Cheese Frosting, Peanut butter candy bar pie

After Work, Birthdays, Chillout, Girls Night Out, High Tea, Nice Deco, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates

bunny08
 • 03 Dec 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
This cosy little cafe tucked away in Clementi Road is full of character and like the name suggests brew fragrant coffee and bake unique cakes for its customers.
I was fascinated by the collection of old school toys from the 80s and 90s beyond the colorful signage at the entrance. The friendly staff also welcomed me and my friends as we sat at a cosy little corner and admired the toys.
We were also treated to the smell of aromatic coffee as we choose from the wide range of both hot and cold beverages from the counter. The mocha and latte were great and there is even an Alchemy Frappe with choice of mixing your own different flavors of syrup.
One of the greatest highlights are the special cakes with unique ingredients like the Pineapple Upside-down cake and Peanut Butter Candy Bar Pie. The flavours are rich and servings are just right.
All in all, the place is perfect for a nice afternoon tea or gathering with friends. Be sure to go early though as seats are limited towards evening and night hours.

Must tries: Pineapple upside-down cake, Lemony Peppermint Pie

After Work, Ala Carte, Birthdays, Chillout, Hidden Find, High Tea, Nice Deco, Parties, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates, Take Away
  • Latte art
  • Toy collection in cosy corner of cafe
  • Signature cakes