The Fat Cat Bistro has closed.

Summary

Food/Drink4
Indian Cuisine, Cheese and Garlic Naans with Saag Paneer, Chef Pizza - Minced Beef, Bacon, Egg and Mozarella, Crispy Crab Tofu, Lamb Shank, Thai Mango Salad, Thai Mango with sticky rice, Thai Red Duck Curry View all
After Work, Children/Family, Dinner View all

Fat Cat at Holland Village

Often times, we visit a restaurant, they serve only one type of cuisine, or a fusion of different cuisines.

I was surprised when I came across The Fat Cat recently, when I looked at their menu and realised that they serve, not one, not two, but three cuisine types! And they were definitely not fusion! The restaurant was previously located at Jalan Riang and now they have shifted to Holland Village. If you are familiar with Holland V and know where Parisilk is, you will know eactly where to find The Fat Cat.

I visited the restaurant two weekends ago with my family to try out their food. The restaurant has both indoor air-conditioned and outdoor alfresco seating areas.

Here are the highlights of my meal:
Thai Mango Salad - Sliced mango with baby snapper and cashew nuts with a tangy dressing. Great start to the meal.
Thai Crispy Crab Tofu - Tofu with crabmeat, minced meat, with a great dipping sauce. Nice!
Chef Pizza - Minced Beef, Bacon, Egg and Mozarella. This was like breakfast served on a pizza. I will definitely order this again the next time I come.
Lamb Shank - The lamb shank was slow baked with mashed potato. Lamb was very tender and falls off the bone easily.
Thai Red Duck Curry - Good portion of curry. I informed the manager that I wished it had more 'lemak'/ cocount in it and the manager said I can request for it the next time. Good service!
Cheese and Garlic Naans with Saag Paneer (Spinach with cheese): The naans were freshly-baked and went well with the Saag paneer.

To round off the meal, we ordered dessert:
Thai Mango with sticky rice: Nice petite portion.
Lava Cake with a scoop of Udders ice-cream (Yes. Fans of Udders Ice cream will be happy to know they have their very own ice-cream counter in the restaurant!)

It was an interesting meal, as I was able to eat food from different cuisine, which you can only do so at buffets.

Throughout my meal, I am expecting a (friendly resident) cat to walk around the restaurant, but there was none... I wonder where the name came from. 8 )

The restaurant was packed for a Saturday evening, so reservations are definitely recommended.

After our meal at The Fat Cat, we took a nice leisurely walk around Holland V and soaked in the casual vibe!

Oh, they also have great happy hour specials where for $10, you will get a half pint of beer with a basket of finger food (fries, chickn wing and spring rolls)! Will come by for their happy hour soon...

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) The Fat Cat Bistro

Staff shortage

Six people, three served with their food quickly. The others at our table served more than 30 minutes later. Starters served after 30 minutes. The excuse was only one chef. The other chef MC. Totally spoiled our meal! you should ask if they have enough kitchen staff when you order your meal. Food is good. But service terrible. So sad our favorite restaurant is so inconsistent

refreshing red duck curry

After walking around Holland V, we decided to settle for The Fat Cat. A bar like environment with kind of fusion foood, or rather a choice of various cuisines like Thai, Western, Indian etc. They have promotions for cocktails or certain alcohols too like 1 for 1 or at discounted price.

So we ordered one 1-for-1 Frozen Margarita. & for food, we ordered 2 pcs tandoori chicken ($10), marinated with Indian spices and yoghurt and baked in the clay oven til tender. Portion might be a lil too small i feel, if there’s 3 pcs it will be just right! Also ordered, butter chicken ($13) and garlic ($3) & plain ($2.50) naan. Butter chicken is nice, i always like how aromatic and rich it is.

For western, we ordered the mixed sausage platter ($8), mixture of cheese and black pepper sausage. It tasted usual like those from the convenience store. nothing fantastic. There’s hot pot clams served with grilled bageutte ($12). The sauce is rich with white clam taste with tinge of white wine, but a lil salty too. But it tasted well dipping the bageutte with the sauce.

we basically ordered a few kinds from all the different cuisines available. So for thai we ordered Pad Thai Chicken ($11), Green Curry Chicken ($13) and Red Duck Curry ($14). Red duck curry is quite a innovative dish i would say. It’s roasted duck curry with with seedless grapes, honey, pineapple and fresh red chilli. Very refreshing and create taste! It’s very sweet and not really spicy, suitable for those who cant take spicy food! And to my surprise, there were several chunks of duck meats, grapes and other whats not.

Overall still a satisfying meal at first try!

visit http://poohlovesfood.wordpress.com/2014/08/02/the-fat-cat-bistro/ for the pictures!

Be spoilt for choice with Thai, Indian and Western fare

From appetisers to mains to desserts, all dishes are categorised in Thai, North Indian and Western cuisines. Located in the heart of Holland Village, towards the more cast off side (not the lane with the pubs), down slope towards Sushi Tei.

The menu are seperated to 3 sections as such:
Thai Yai: Chef Nang’s Thai cookery inspired by street food in Bangkok and Changmai.
Masala Mantra: Serves the authentic North Indian favourites.
The French Onion: Chef Mike Chung’s Western cookery from lamb shank to pasta.
Certain appetisers and mains are slightly above average but some has room for improvements. Sad to say, desserts was a tad disappointment. For more info, visit http://nkikichua.blogspot.sg/2014/07/the-fat-cat-bistro-holland-village.html

Plus points for family with kids, they have kids portions for Western pastas and a a short list of food to choose from in Thai's menu.

Great spiced chicken wings (Indian menu)

See the full review with pictures here: http://pickledpeas.wordpress.com/2014/07/12/lunch-at-the-fat-cat-holland-village/   This is yet another hip new-ish eatery in Holland Village, as if there was a dearth of those. Fat Cat relocates from Jalan Riang to Lor Liput and continues to serve up the same excellent fare.   I usually order from the Indian or Thai menu here, probably cause it’s rare to not have to travel to Little India to get some great South Indian food. While not totally authentic, it’s pretty amazing for what it is.   We ordered the fried chicken wings (Indian menu) to start – they are wonderfully spiced in a different way from Malay fried chicken, and served with a wedge of lemon which draws some parallels from Chinese BBQ-ed chicken. So good.   The pineapple fried rice is a bit on the average side, I prefer it with a more pineapple-y taste. They serve it with golden raisins, chinese sausage, pork floss, pineapple chunks, but doesn’t have too much wok hei.   We tried the butter prawn masala, which featured a thick spicy gravy that we polished off with a basket of garlic naan. The naan doesn’t come with the butter chicken or the butter prawn masala – you have to order it separately (weird to serve it without, but this is quite typical of lots of restaurants in Little India) but they have cheese naan, garlic naan, and onion naan for you to choose from. All are pretty decent.   But the best part of the meal for me was the fried chicken wings – so different from other normal varieties of chicken wings we have here, I can’t believe I’m only discovering this now. I really want to try their onion bhaji one day.

Wide array of dishes from 3 kitchen

Full review up on http://jacqsowhat.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-fat-cat-bistro-17d-lorong-liput.html

The restaurant was previously located at Jalan Riang but now relocated in the heart of Holland Village, you'll find casual bistro - The Fat Cat. A perfect place to chill with your friends over dinner and drinks. What's unique is, they serve a wide array of dishes from 3 types of cuisine, Thai, North Indian and Western.

I'm glad to be invited for a food tasting session w them, to savor some of their best dishes from the 3 different kitchens. A starter & a main to start off for each cuisine - of course ending on a sweet note w desserts. Thai Menu - We sampled the pomelo salad, something unique - sweet & sour, definitely kick start our tastebuds. Green curry was decent though.

North Indian Menu - If you're a fan of naan and chicken masala, you'll definitely love this set of menu. We tried the garlic naan, it was super good.

Western Menu Be sure to savour their signature items like Lamb Shank, Duck Confit or Crab Meat Pasta. I personally love the Duck Confit, very tender and soft. Desserts was average overall. With a spread of mouth-watering dishes from 3 different cuisine, I'm pretty sure they can satisfy your craving. The Fat Cat also serves a wide selection of alcoholic beverages, beers, wines, cocktails, coffee, juices - you will be spoilt for choices!