The Fat Cat Bistro has closed.

Summary

Food/Drink4
Indian Cuisine, Cheese and Garlic Naans with Saag Paneer, Chef Pizza - Minced Beef, Bacon, Egg and Mozarella, Crispy Crab Tofu, Lamb Shank, Thai Mango Salad, Thai Mango with sticky rice, Thai Red Duck Curry View all
After Work, Children/Family, Dinner View all

refreshing red duck curry

After walking around Holland V, we decided to settle for The Fat Cat. A bar like environment with kind of fusion foood, or rather a choice of various cuisines like Thai, Western, Indian etc. They have promotions for cocktails or certain alcohols too like 1 for 1 or at discounted price.

So we ordered one 1-for-1 Frozen Margarita. & for food, we ordered 2 pcs tandoori chicken ($10), marinated with Indian spices and yoghurt and baked in the clay oven til tender. Portion might be a lil too small i feel, if there’s 3 pcs it will be just right! Also ordered, butter chicken ($13) and garlic ($3) & plain ($2.50) naan. Butter chicken is nice, i always like how aromatic and rich it is.

For western, we ordered the mixed sausage platter ($8), mixture of cheese and black pepper sausage. It tasted usual like those from the convenience store. nothing fantastic. There’s hot pot clams served with grilled bageutte ($12). The sauce is rich with white clam taste with tinge of white wine, but a lil salty too. But it tasted well dipping the bageutte with the sauce.

we basically ordered a few kinds from all the different cuisines available. So for thai we ordered Pad Thai Chicken ($11), Green Curry Chicken ($13) and Red Duck Curry ($14). Red duck curry is quite a innovative dish i would say. It’s roasted duck curry with with seedless grapes, honey, pineapple and fresh red chilli. Very refreshing and create taste! It’s very sweet and not really spicy, suitable for those who cant take spicy food! And to my surprise, there were several chunks of duck meats, grapes and other whats not.

Overall still a satisfying meal at first try!

visit http://poohlovesfood.wordpress.com/2014/08/02/the-fat-cat-bistro/ for the pictures!

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) The Fat Cat Bistro

good service and the food is great!

The staff at The Fat Cat is very friendly. We ordered a lot and the price of the food also acceptable. The sea bass very nice! Must try!

Fat Cat at Holland Village

Often times, we visit a restaurant, they serve only one type of cuisine, or a fusion of different cuisines.

I was surprised when I came across The Fat Cat recently, when I looked at their menu and realised that they serve, not one, not two, but three cuisine types! And they were definitely not fusion! The restaurant was previously located at Jalan Riang and now they have shifted to Holland Village. If you are familiar with Holland V and know where Parisilk is, you will know eactly where to find The Fat Cat.

I visited the restaurant two weekends ago with my family to try out their food. The restaurant has both indoor air-conditioned and outdoor alfresco seating areas.

Here are the highlights of my meal:
Thai Mango Salad - Sliced mango with baby snapper and cashew nuts with a tangy dressing. Great start to the meal.
Thai Crispy Crab Tofu - Tofu with crabmeat, minced meat, with a great dipping sauce. Nice!
Chef Pizza - Minced Beef, Bacon, Egg and Mozarella. This was like breakfast served on a pizza. I will definitely order this again the next time I come.
Lamb Shank - The lamb shank was slow baked with mashed potato. Lamb was very tender and falls off the bone easily.
Thai Red Duck Curry - Good portion of curry. I informed the manager that I wished it had more 'lemak'/ cocount in it and the manager said I can request for it the next time. Good service!
Cheese and Garlic Naans with Saag Paneer (Spinach with cheese): The naans were freshly-baked and went well with the Saag paneer.

To round off the meal, we ordered dessert:
Thai Mango with sticky rice: Nice petite portion.
Lava Cake with a scoop of Udders ice-cream (Yes. Fans of Udders Ice cream will be happy to know they have their very own ice-cream counter in the restaurant!)

It was an interesting meal, as I was able to eat food from different cuisine, which you can only do so at buffets.

Throughout my meal, I am expecting a (friendly resident) cat to walk around the restaurant, but there was none... I wonder where the name came from. 8 )

The restaurant was packed for a Saturday evening, so reservations are definitely recommended.

After our meal at The Fat Cat, we took a nice leisurely walk around Holland V and soaked in the casual vibe!

Oh, they also have great happy hour specials where for $10, you will get a half pint of beer with a basket of finger food (fries, chickn wing and spring rolls)! Will come by for their happy hour soon...

still very good (thai, indian and western) food

for more: http://andmorefood.wordpress.com/2014/03/11/the-fat-cat-bistro-holland-village/

still very good food at this cafe-restaurant that relocated to the genial confines of holland village. it used to be a little closer to me, though definitely more inconvenient in its previous hideaway in serangoon – but it’s great that standards haven’t dropped, portions haven’t shrunk, and all that terrible jazz you associate with any drastic change in an eatery.   it’s almost a food court, with three distinct stores operating within in a single compound – just quite a lot classier. in its new location, it’s also spacious and rather cozily furnished, and a good choice for those large gatherings of friends where you’re looking for a not-shabby place that won’t break anyone’s budget.

Not really authentic but good for a quick fix

See the full review with pictures here.   The Fat Cat specializes in European, Thai, and Indian cuisine, and has three little shops in it like a hawker centre. We went for dinner right before choir rehearsal at L’s church.   This used to be at Jalan Riang at Lorong Chuan but has since moved to Holland Village next to Kenny Rogers.   We've only tried their Thai and Indian food - the butter chicken with naan is really nice. Not as legit as the ones in Little India as it is a tad too milky, but good enough to satisfy sudden butter chicken cravings.   I liked the pad thai and the stuffed chicken wings, especially the spicy otah cubes in the pad thai. Probably wouldn't go for the stuffed chicken wings again though cause protein stuffed in protein seems a little decadent. Still, it was battered nicely and freshly fried.    This place does seem like a glorified kopitiam, but then what's not to like about that? It's rare that you have Thai and Indian cuisine in a kopitiam (I don't mean prata) and this place does it well enough. I'm so glad it hasn't closed and merely moved to Holland V.

The management of (Closed) The Fat Cat Bistro responded to this review:
05 Apr 2014
Hi Pickledpeas we actually stopped serving our stuffed chicken wings when we moved to Holland Village. Also, we don't have otah cubes in our pad thai. Are you referring to the tau kwa cubes?

Love the food but still things to improve on

Happy to find this bistro near my place. Somewhat like a high class kopitiam but I'd have to say the food is really quite good and they serve beer as well. Wish the service and ambience could improve though, cannot help to have the impression that they seem to be friendlier towards the caucasian customers.