30licious menu at S$30++ when you pay with your American Express Card! . Other deals are available, find out more

SCS C
 • 11 Mar 2014 236 reviews 1 follower
Overall
for more: http://andmorefood.wordpress.com/2014/03/11/the-fat-cat-bistro-holland-village/

still very good food at this cafe-restaurant that relocated to the genial confines of holland village. it used to be a little closer to me, though definitely more inconvenient in its previous hideaway in serangoon – but it’s great that standards haven’t dropped, portions haven’t shrunk, and all that terrible jazz you associate with any drastic change in an eatery.

it’s almost a food court, with three distinct stores operating within in a single compound – just quite a lot classier. in its new location, it’s also spacious and rather cozily furnished, and a good choice for those large gatherings of friends where you’re looking for a not-shabby place that won’t break anyone’s budget.

Must tries: Indian Cuisine

After Work, Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Cheap Eat/Budget, Children/Family, Chillout, Dinner, Healthy Eating, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, People Watching, Relaxed, Supper, Vibrant/Noisy
  • tandoori chicken
  • tandoori chicken

pickledpeas
 • 03 Feb 2014 148 reviews 6 followers
Overall
See the full review with pictures here.

The Fat Cat specializes in European, Thai, and Indian cuisine, and has three little shops in it like a hawker centre. We went for dinner right before choir rehearsal at L’s church.

This used to be at Jalan Riang at Lorong Chuan but has since moved to Holland Village next to Kenny Rogers.

We've only tried their Thai and Indian food - the butter chicken with naan is really nice. Not as legit as the ones in Little India as it is a tad too milky, but good enough to satisfy sudden butter chicken cravings.

I liked the pad thai and the stuffed chicken wings, especially the spicy otah cubes in the pad thai. Probably wouldn't go for the stuffed chicken wings again though cause protein stuffed in protein seems a little decadent. Still, it was battered nicely and freshly fried.

This place does seem like a glorified kopitiam, but then what's not to like about that? It's rare that you have Thai and Indian cuisine in a kopitiam (I don't mean prata) and this place does it well enough. I'm so glad it hasn't closed and merely moved to Holland V.

Management

Hi Pickledpeas we actually stopped serving our stuffed chicken wings when we moved to Holland Village. Also, we don't have otah cubes in our pad thai. Are you referring to the tau kwa cubes?

05 April 2014

misterdavelee
 • 06 Jan 2014 8 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Happy to find this bistro near my place. Somewhat like a high class kopitiam but I'd have to say the food is really quite good and they serve beer as well. Wish the service and ambience could improve though, cannot help to have the impression that they seem to be friendlier towards the caucasian customers.

Must tries: Indian Cuisine