Reviews for The Kitchen Table

3.3

AsianCantoneseChineseIndianInternationalJapaneseThaiWestern

Buffet With Sustainable Seafood

Recently, Kitchen Table at W Hotel hosted Australian celebrity chef Peter Kuruvita. I was fortunate to dine over the weekend when he was in Singapore for the launch and see him in person.   I have been to Kitchen Table restaurant before and Kitchen Table has a good spread of local, western, Indian, seafood and dessert offerings. The restaurant has most of their food items laid out buffet style, alongside live stations where chefs prepare your food to order.   For this sustainable seafood campaign, Chef Kuruvita had some dishes prepared according to his recipes and these dishes were laid out together with the regular buffet items, in the different sections: Local, Western, Indian, Seafood and Dessert counters.   Chef Kuruvita’s dishes focuses on new renditions of flavourful seafood using fresh and sustainably sourced ingredients.   Some of the dishes that I liked were: - Ambul Thial: King fish with black paste over it. A little dry for my liking.   - Snapper Curry: This is a stand-out! The fish is soft and tasty. The curry is also good. It went well with the plain basmatic rice. Must try!   - Red Rice Fishcakes: Fish cake patty deep fried. Good taste and goes well with chutney.   - Crab with ginger sauce: The sauce is gingery in taste. It looks much like chilli crab, except that its more watery. This was very popular and once the serving station is topped up, its cleared out by the diners. Try it!   - Wattarlarain Dessert: Sri Lankan Crème brulee. Its thick and after torching the top of the dessert, its fopped with some syrup. Taste-wise, it reminds me of coffee crème brulee.   The standouts from the usual buffet were: - Tandoori Chicken and Fish: These were freshly grilled in the tandoor. Its nicely marinated. I much prefer the chicken than the fish. The chef recommended me to eat this with the mango chutney. Its delicious. Recommended!   - Freshly shucked oysters: These were very fresh. Instead of eating it with vinegrette/ tabasco and lemon, I added the soy sauce for the sashimi. It gave the oysters a nice flavour.  - Cheese and Desserts: There were a wide range of cheese and desserts. Cheese and dessert lovers will be happy.   I loved the ambience of the restaurant and after your meal, you can take a stroll outside to enjoy the view of the marina and relax.   Recommended!
• 10 Jun 2015 • 455 reviews • 4 followers

Buffet With Sustainable Seafood

• Sashimi Counter
17 Jun 2015
Dear howinston,

Thank you for fantastic review and choosing The Kitchen Table as your dining destination. It is a pleasure to read about your comments about our ocean friendly cuisine. Chef Peter Kuruvita dishes are also in line with W Hotel’s environmental and sustainability commitment.

Thank you once again and I am looking forward to welcome you again to W Singapore – Sentosa Cove.

Venue Manger, The Kitchen Table
• 23 May 2015 • 474 reviews • 7 followers

Sumptuous Seafood Spread by the Sea

Overall
I am back at the beguiling W Hotel @ Sentosa Cove, this time headed for The Kitchen Table for Seafood From the Heart buffet featuring Celebrity Chef Peter Kuruvita. This is available every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 6.00pm to 11.30pm at SGD$85.00++ per adult.

If one sits by the window, they would get the killer views of the waters, yachts and some pretty buildings looming ahead. However, do not overlook the beauty of the restaurant's interior decor itself - simple but elegant and clean-cut, with overturned tables and glasses suspending from the ceilings!

I started with some seafood as usual - some very juicy and delicious Oysters made my day, as well as thick, springy pieces of Sashimi!

Following that was another must-try, because we had been tempted during the live demo earlier - food from the Indian station. I had a little basmatic rice, my favorite Papadum chip, some Curry Snapper and Tandoori Chicken. The Curry Snapper was aromatic and flavourful without being too spicy. The Tandoori Chicken was utterly tender and smooth, much to my surprise; and boosting of a distinctive smokey hint to its sweet flavour.

Finally, time to respond in kind to the colourful desserts that kept beckoning to me throughout the evening. There were many different flavours of Maracons, soft but not cloyingly sweet or creamy. There were also Chocolate Panna Cotta (tasted too milky it was more like Milo unfortunately), Lychee Pudding, a pretty little Cupcake etc.

For full review and more detailed information, please feel free to visit:
  • Exterior
09 Jun 2015
Dear TheArctisStar,

Thank you for your wonderful review and welcome back to W Singapore - Sentosa Cove. It is a pleasure to read about your exciting gastronomic experience with us while celebrity Chef Peter Kuruvita is in action.

Your delightful comments about the ambience of our signature restaurant, as well as the quality of our Indian cuisine and succulent seafood are highly appreciated and definitely motivated our team.

Thank you once again for your continuous support and we are looking forward to your next visit to W Singapore - Sentosa Cove.

Venue Manager, The Kitchen Table
• 11 Feb 2015 • 111 reviews • 0 follower

Enjoyable dining experience

Overall
Quality of food is average with average spread. Can't complain coz its buffet. However, I do like the ambiance here, very bright and cozy. Makes the dining experience very "refreshing". Service is also prompt.
02 Mar 2015
Dear Choo Yao Chuen,

Thank you for your review and choosing The Kitchen Table as your dining destination. It is great to read that you have enjoyed the ambiance and the service that my team had rendered.

I have shared your comments about our cuisine with my culinary team to ensure a better dining experience for our guest.

Thank you once again and I am looking forward to welcome you again in W Singapore - Sentosa Cove.

Venue Manager, The Kitchen Table