Back to The Missing Pan#01/02-01, 619D Bukit Timah Road

Ala Carte3 votes

SCS C
 • 21 Jul 2014 229 reviews 1 follower
Overall
hotos and more: https://andmorefood.wordpress.com/2014/07/17/the-missing-pan-bukit-timah/

one of the better brunch places in the new morass of food establishments - how do they keep popping up?! - with generous portions, good cooking, and a beautiful space (and bad ventilation, though that depends on where you're sitting). I'm very pleased with this place - I haven't left so full and satisfied after brunch for a long time, service is mostly prompt and food comes quickly, and prices aren't crazy.

very good, and well worth a visit. almost everything we ordered was good to excellent - with flavor that feels both comforting and homely. big sizes too, even for my large appetite.

this is possibly as good a brunch place as I've come across recently - it reminds me of wild honey, in style of food and portions, though it certainly doesn't come with the same price tag (this place is so much more reasonably-priced). keep in mind the big portions - you'd do well with one dish a person - even with our green, we could barely finish our side orders.

Must tries: Homemade French Toast Salpicon

Ala Carte, Birthdays, Breakfast, Brunch, Healthy Eating, Nice Deco, People Watching, Relaxed, Trendy, Vibrant/Noisy
  • stuffed french toast
  • stuffed french toast

Cforcassan
 • 14 May 2014 66 reviews 0 follower
Overall

For a review with pictures and a detailed write-up!

Ala Carte, Anniversary, Birthdays, Breakfast, Brunch

Management

Hi Cforcassan,
Thank you for coming by The Missing Pan. Glad to hear you enjoyed the food and experience there! We look forward to welcoming you back for more good meals! :)

Warmest Regards,
The Missing Pan

05 June 2014

AlamakGirl
 • 01 May 2014 57 reviews 1 follower
Overall
The restaurant is located in the middle of a row of shophouses, which looks rather narrow and tall. At the first floor, one would see rows of cakes and breads on display. So yummy! A staff at the door kindly shows me to the second floor for the dine in area.

As it is a weekday morning, there is not much crowd, but I could spot a couple of tables with the reserved sign on. The wall of the room is quite uniquely decorated with lots of drawers of different sizes. The place has a homey feel and time passes quite fast while dining in there.

Through the staff's recommendation, I have ordered a serving of French Toast Salpicon ($19) as it is one of must ordered for a first timer in the cafe. Another choice will be its 62 Degree Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon but is unavailable today. The staff is quite friendly, makes small talk and serving ice water. Food is served quite fast.

French Toast Salpicon ($19)
It looks like a huge french toast topped with various fresh cut fruits such as mango, kiwi, strawberry, dragon fruit, banana and deep fried banana nuggets, lightly dusted with icing sugar and served with a small jar of smoked maple syrup. The smoked maple syrup is not too sweet and comes with slices of strawberry in it. The fruit toppings are fresh and juicy, especially the mango. The deep fried banana nugget is quite sinful with a cripsy crust filled with melt in the mouth and sweet tasting banana. Inside the French toast, it is stuffed with spinach, chicken and mushrooms. It is quite a hearty one-dish meal which is both savoury and sweet. Very unique.

Cafe Latte ($5.50)
It comes in a small glass with latte art on top. Not too strong but still tastes not bad.

Total bill = $28.84
Overall the food is great, place is great. Service is great too. Except the location is a bit out of the way. Billing may takes awhile as the cashier is on another floor. Quite unique having a lift in the shophouse. I am expecting to walk the stair by the way.

Breakfast, Brunch
  • Cafe Latte ($5.50)
  • French Toast Salpicon ($19)
  • Cafe Latte ($5.50)
  • French Toast Salpicon ($19)

Management