Back to The Missing Pan#01/02-01, 619D Bukit Timah Road

Ala Carte3 votes

Andy Tan
 • Thursday at 10:47am 8 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Have you ever met a really pretty girl, it was love at first sight but only to find out that's all there is to it? Well my experience at The Missing Pan was kind of like that, unfortunately.

Read more @ http://constipatedsmiles.blogspot.sg/2014/09/the-missing-pan-more-than-just-pretty.html

Brunch, Relaxed

Joycelyh
 • 14 Sep 2014 14 reviews 26 followers
Overall
I heard good stuff about The Missing Pan, so I suggested the venue for brunch today. Four of us adults and one 2 year old child. BIG MISTAKE.

Of the four of us adults, two of us ordered a Roasted Chicken Sandwich each, one ordered the Over Hangover chicken schnitzel, another the Eggs Ben with ham. We all agreed the sourdough bread was ridiculously tough. The eggs for eggs ben were sous vide, and way too runny to be served as eggs ben.

Halfway through our Roasted Chicken Sandwiches, we discovered that both chicken thighs were undercooked. We sent the thighs back to the kitchen, and asked for the chicken to be cooked further. I have a two year old who is sharing my chicken, and with young children you can never be too safe. The staff explained that sometimes cooked chicken can be pink (what?), and if the meat is white it means it is overcooked. I said sure, overcook it, my baby is eating it, I would rather have overcooked chicken that's safe for consumption than pink chicken that is dubious.

Fifteen minutes later, our chicken got handed back to us (the same slabs that were sent to the kitchen), as pink as before. See accompanying pictures to this review.

Now, I give kitchens the benefit of doubt, perhaps you were busy and undercooked the chicken the first time around. So I sent the chicken back, and told you to cook it thoroughly, I do not mind forgoing on the tenderness of the meat, because my two year old will be eating it. Instead of making sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly, you hand it back to me as raw as before. The pictures were taken of the chicken AFTER the kitchen handed it back.

Well, in the first instance, eateries worth their salt would prepare a fresh plate for the customer. They didn't. Then, They did nothing (sure looked like nothing!) to my raw chicken. I highly doubt they even bothered to put it back on the stove. The "manager" who tried to explain to me that pink chicken is alright was self-righteous and not in the least apologetic. Neither of us touched the chicken.

Then came dessert. So we thought, dessert should be safe, no risk of undercooked chicken. We ordered the banana cinnamon crumble. It looked pretty enough in the display. And when we cut it open, there was some pinkish purplish meat-looking chunks in the crumble.

I couldn't believe my eyes, raw chicken haunting me again??! I asked the service staff what's in the crumble. They took ten minutes to get back to me. And it was the "manager" who got back to me. HE USED MY FORK TO PROD THE PURPLISH CHUNKS. Hello! You made this crumble! I asked you what's in it, and you have to use MY FORK TO POKE THE CRUMBLE to figure out?! COME ON! He said it is PROBABLY BANANA.

Purple banana?! PROBABLY???

I told the dude to clear the crumble, I don't want this dubious thing that you just poked using my fork.

They gave us a 10% discount as an apology. No amount of discount appeases after the atrocities committed. The Missing Pan will have me as The Missing Customer henceforth.

• I wouldn't eat this even if you paid me to.
  • I wouldn't eat this even if you paid me to.

Kenyap
 • 06 Aug 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Ordered the homemade French toast and eggs ben with smoked salmon. The French toast was innovative and delicious with lots of fruits as topping, giving it a refreshing taste.

The eggs Benedict on the other hand, was not even eggs Benedict. The eggs were watery and the smoked salmon was uncooked and raw. This made us get food poisoning with fever. We will not patronize this restaurant again.

Must tries: Homemade French Toast Salpicon