06 Mar 2015 • 315 reviews • 2 followers
My office colleagues were lookinh for a venue for lunch, and they asked me for a place to recommend.
I recommended on this restaurant, which is a quick train ride away and not some place that’s too close to the office.
The birthday girl was agreeable and we headed here.
I arrived first and there was a queue of about 4 people in front of me. My colleagues arrived just as I was about to get a table. The restaurant’s policy is that the whole group has to be present before they allow you to sit at the table. So ensure your whole group is present. So it’s just nice.
Here are the highlights of our meal:
- Scallop Mentaiyaki: $13.90. thinlly sliced scallops on a plate with mentaiko cream squeezed across them and flame broiled. Very decadent dish. Finished it to the last morsel.
- Wafu Spaghetti: $10.90. Thin Spaghetti rolled up to look like a squid in a mentaiko cream sauce and topped with ebi roe. Its good. I couldn’t bear pulling the noodles apart to eat it.
- Curry Rice: $13.90. Fried pork cutlet with Japanese curry sauce and Japanese rice. The curry sauce is sweet as what Japanese curry wil taste like. It’s alright.
- Normal Chirashi Don: $24.90. The portion is big. The group of us shared this. In my view, its too much for 1 person to finish and you will probably feel ‘Jer Lak’ (tired of eating the same thing) midway through, if you are eating this all by yourself. It has a good variety of fresh sashimi and is good value. Try it!
- Sake Belly Sashimi: $6.90. Salmon Belly Sashimi. Fatty and yummy.
- Salmon Aburi Roll: $14.90. Salmon wrapped roll with avocado and topped with mentaiko cream then flame broiled. Taste good. Loved this.
- California Roll: $8.90. Standard stuff, with lots of ebi roll on the outside.
- Hotate Salmon Aburi: $18.90. My favorite dish. It’s a salmon sushi rice roll with scallop wrapped on the outside, topped with a dollop of mentaiko on each slice and flame-torched. Taste good. Must try!
- Spider Hand Roll: $4.50. Each of us had a spider hand roll. Eat it quickly, else the seaweed will turn soft in a minute or so.It has avocado, half a deep fried soft shell crab, cucumber stick and mayonnaise. Not bad.
The food here is good, would recommend to come with a group of friends, so you can order more dishes and try more dishes!
Although the queue can be long, the food is worth the wait.