Summary

Salmon aburi roll, Scallop mentaiyaki, Chirashi Don, soft-shell crab salmon aburi maki =), toufu cheesecake, Wafu Spaghetti, Curry Rice, Hotate Salmon Aburi, Negitoro Don, Sirloin Steak, Spider Hand Roll, scallop mentaiyaki =) View all
After Work, Ala Carte, Chillout, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Anniversary, Birthdays, Hidden Find, Girls Night Out, Vibrant/Noisy View all

Quality food at affordable price!

The Sushi Bar has since shifted from level 3 to level 4. But the queue still remains snaking long although they have shifted to a bigger outlet. Wow.

Upon checking their FB page, I realised they’ve since set up a reservation system on 22 May 14. They only take reservation one week in advanced, and I do recommend making the reservation 7 days ahead.

A little more onto their reservation policy:-
1. Reservation is through SMS only. No WhatsApp text
2. Reservation one week in advanced
3. No same day reservation
4. No reservation on weekend and public holidays
5. Upon confirmation of reservation, a reply will be sent via SMS
6. Last reservation is at 2pm for lunch and 7.30pm for dinner
7. Table will be held for 10 minutes from reservation time and everyone has to be present to be seated.

And with that, after having successfully made a reservation (7 days aheaad, of course), my friend and I headed down to The Sushi Bar on a Wednesday night.

And from the menu, we ordered:-

1) Wafu spaghetti, $10.90 – Or more commonly known as mentaiko pasta. This is so addictively good! The portion was good for 2 to share. A must try.

2) 7 kinds sashimi (chef’s selection), $148.90 – There’re 3 choices of sashimi platter to choose from. The first being 3 kinds (salmon tuna, hamachi) at $14.90, 5 kinds (salmon, tuna, tako, Hamachi, mekajiki) at $26.90 and 7 kinds which you’ll need to enquire with the staff for the price. Our 7 kinds comprised of otoro, chutoro, akami, hamachi belly, kanpachi, hotate gai, kimedai and uni. The slices from the blue fin tuna were so good! Yum. However, we had a little issue with the uni served. Good uni is of vibrant orange colour, soft yet steady such that they don’t easily disintegrate when you pick it up with your chopsticks. However, those uni which were placed at the bottom layer of our sashimi platter, had turned hard and brown. What a shame in terms of consistency.

Due to the (silly) 3000 characters limit, please continue to read my review on other dishes here: PART 2

Frankly, if you are not very strict about the ambience (Ie, you do not need the traditional setting of a Japanese restaurant), The Sushi Bar is a good place for quality food at affordable prices. Of course, the ‘price’ to pay for this deal is that you got to queue (if you did not manage to make a reservation).

Layout wise, the shop is somewhat divided into two. For the front half, the space is taken up by 2 rows of tables along the length of the space. I actually felt the space was slightly under utilised. On the other hand, the back half is closely packed with tables. And that is also where you get to see the chefs in action since the chef counter is located at the back half. I am not sure if you can state your preference in terms of where you want to sit, but the front half will be ideal for a ‘quieter catch up’ while the back half is noisier.

----------
PS : I am a blogger too! Lifestyle blogFood Blog

Most helpful reviews for The Sushi Bar (Far East Plaza 1)

finest quality with exceptional quantity

Had a wonderful feast over at sushi bar yesterday. For the finest quality with exceptional quantity and thick slices of sashimi in town, its hard to find a better deal that this. Was told the fish supplier comes everyday to ensure quality. It's a fast dining not a fine dining so If you can't afford to wait , can't afford to spend then you can't afford to enjoy. The queue system is fast (full attendance) in and fast out, in order to shorten the Q and waiting time. Will surely be yummy back again.

Disappointed with the time waited for food.....but luckily the service crew is great n very alert!!!

I order a seasonal chirashi n 2 bot of beers...after finishing my Two bottles of beers....my seasonal chirashi isn't here yet!! I inform the service crew 5 times for my chirashi n yet nothing happen!! I'm so disappoint with the chef!!he simply dun care abt my order!! 5 times I got to rush for it...meaning I'm paying to wait that long?? I understand it's busy but...5 times isn't it a bit too much?? Hope the mangerment will improve on it...the good thing is the service thumbs up!!

Not worth queuing

Unfriendly, arrogant and CALCULATIVE staff who refused to give us a table despite majority of us had arrived and there were available tables with no reserved signs. We were asked to stand at the entrance to wait for the ONE friend who was arriving in 5 mins. Absolutely absurd!  Best part is.... they charge 10% service charge for their service.

An simple eatery with insufficient lighting and food is average. For the same spending,  the common places like Itacho and Koh Grill Sushi Bar are way better. Sigh... goodbye TSB...

The great taste overshadow everything

Wonderful food and great service. Food is nice ,arrive fresh and fast. Efficient and reliable with such high volume of people. I always ask for their special catch of the day, top notch quality of food and low in price as compared to a japaneses run resturant in SG. To me service is good as they are fast and always got your order correct. For those expecting 4-5 stars attention to detail services and candlelight romantic dining,i guess you should bring your date to the building(Hyatt or Goodwood park) beside far east plaza. Its FEP what do you expect?