Review for THE WEJS @ Medici Cafe (Rochester Park)

4.4

FusionMediterraneanWestern
Address: Rochester Park, 44 Rochester Park, 139248
26 Aug 2014

Good Food and Ambience

Good food good atmosphere with good music!
worth for money and a really chill place to spend the night away.

churros, Brik, Yummy Creamy Chicken, Mamamia Quesadilla

More reviews of THE WEJS @ Medici Cafe

Overall

great taste and not too high a price!

Fantastic  chakchouka for a good price. Good company and a nice atnosphere.

I walked past this place regularly but noticed it had a new owner so asked him what was on the menu. I wasn't disappointed! I recommend the merguez (which I had as extra).

The "Real" Tunisian cuisine

It was my first "Real" Tunisian cuisine in Singapore. The chef is Tunisian and he cooks fresh Homemade Harissa (Chili paste) and cumin seeds breads. Dishes were very heart warming taste, good volume and affordable prices.

A hidden gem indeed

We loved the Salade Mechouia. It brought a new and exquisite taste. Also had the breeks, the couscous and the delightful sausages brushed with lemon. We were warmly greeted by the Chef himself who had a cheery personality. Wish the location was more discoverable, wouldn't have found it if it weren't for HungryGoWhere.

A sparking hidden gem!

What a delightful meal! Erica, the proprietor and her Tunisian husband (i.e. the Chef) helm the place and we just left the menu to her. Each tapas served was delicious and the light and cinnamony churros to end the meal was perfect! The tapas at $5 a plate on Fridays and Saturdays are definitely a good bang for your buck.  Not much choice in terms of wines but what they had was good enough for the evening.

I fear this hidden find might now be engulfed with a full house every night but I cannot be selfish and such good food deserves recognition.

We will definitely be back verrrrrrrrrry soon!

30 LIcious Menu Review

It is not often that one finds Tunisian food in Singapore, so it was with excitement that I was able to get the chance to try one thanks to the American Express 30 licious program at just $30 for dinner.

The Wejs is a small chill out cafe located at Rochester Park with al fresco dining.

To start with, one has a choice of Spinach Soup OR Salade Mechouia. I think both are interesting choices. The spinach soup has bits of minced chicken within although I must admit that the salad is probably more unique. Served chilled, it is a combination of boiled egg, olives with a strong tomato base.

For the main course one has a choice of Tunisian Chicken Couscous OR Chakchouka.  I found the chicken to be really tender and thick in flavours. The Chakchouka though, is just as unique - a mixed vegetable strongly flavoured tomato based stew with peppers and onions.

For dessert we had the mixed fruit with rose syrup, which would make you leave with a taste of lavender after the hearty meal.

The meal also come with a choice of fresh juice or soft drink.