Summary

Service3
Mac & Cheese, baked alaskan, rack of lamb, foie gras, Crepe Suzette, steak tartare, Beef Bourginon, Lobster Bisque, chocolate fondant, sea bass, warm spinach salad, 36 Hour Brandt Short Ribs, 36 hour Brandt Short Rib, 36Hr Brandt short Ribs, 48 hr Ribs, Asparagus Rissoto, Beef Carpaccio, Braised Oxtail, Chargrilled Brandt Ribeye, Chargrilled Ribeye, Crepe Suzette, Eggs benedict, Escargot Ravioli, Mars Bar Souffle, Mohijto, Nuttella French Toast, Pumpkin Soup, Rangers Valley Wagyu Carpaccio, Raspberry French Toast, Set lunch, Tomato tart, Tournedos Rossini, Wagyu beef, Wild Mushroom Pasta, black forrest cake, chateauneuf de pape, chocolate souffle, duck confit, duck lorange, fries was surprisingly good!, lemon meringue tart, mushroom capaccino, onion bread, pork neck, prawn bisque, roast pork, salad printemps, sauteed foie gras, seared bay scallops, set dinner, shallot tarte tartin, sole fish, xx rossini beef tenderloin View all
Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Girls Night Out, Chillout, Large Groups/Gathering, Quiet, Business Dining, After Work, Brunch, Lunch, Private Dining, Fine Dining, People Watching, Vibrant/Noisy, Anniversary, Hidden Find, Wine Lists, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Birthdays, Nice Deco, Children/Family, Weddings, View/Scenery, Ala Carte, Boys Night Out, Formal Events, Night Out, Supper, Corporate Events, Business Breakfast, High Tea, Relaxed View all

Enjoy the web site, skip the restaurant!

We went back to try our luck again...should have learned the first time. We tried the fixed price menu. Beware - its not at all fixed price. They weave lots of little extras in. The food was average - only to be outdone by the absolute lack of substance. If you want to go home hungry, pay top dollar for so-so food - then this is the place for you.
It was interesting to watch the wait staff - wired up with two way radio - then to see them pass the buck to one another(by radio of course) rather than simply attending to the guests and acting directly on the request. The system high tech system took almost 20 minutes to deliver the first drinks to the table. A little less high tech and a little more old fashion service would be nice...especially at the kind of prices they are charging.
As they say, diner beware!

Most helpful reviews for The White Rabbit

Disappointing, dilettantish and unprofessional handling of reservation for our wedding dinner

We fiancé and I wanted to have our wedding dinner at The White Rabbit in October. Therefore, we tried to book parts of the restaurant non-exclusively for the evening. Within the process of booking starting in May we talked and wrote to three different persons working at The White Rabbit. In every talk and every email we asked if our reservation is valid just to be sure. All three of them confirmed it. We even got the confirmation in writing. We have to add that we put the date of our wedding especially on that date because we got the confirmation form The White Rabbit and we really wanted to celebrate there.

After posing some organizational questions last week we got the reply that they have another booking on our date and that they are so sorry to dismiss ours (would they ever have told me without me having me posing those last questions?). After talking to an employee and the person in charge of The White Rabbit we found out that this was an exclusive booking of the whole premises for 120 persons which were much more than the 30 persons we were looking for.

The employee contradicted the person in charge about the time this exclusive booking was made. The employee told us it was made two weeks ago (so way after our booking was confirmed) and the person in charge was talking about that it dated back one year. But both agreed on finding our reservation in their system. Again, they were so sorry they told us without seeming to be honestly sorry. Otherwise they would have acted very differently. Even the person in charge did not even think of any compensation in whatever form.

Of course, 120 persons are generating higher profits than 30 persons but what is it worth to have a reservation at this restaurant if you cannot rely on it? Especially if it is for such an important event as your own wedding. Is this the way a so called professional restaurant should treat their customers? I would never again book this premises for any event and hope people are now aware of how they might get treated if they do it. Thanks The White Rabbit, you made the preparation for our valuable day very special but in a terribly disappointing way.

Beautiful setting - shame about everything else

After hearing recently that the White Rabbit had made something of a comeback, i was eager to go check it out...and so last weekened that is exactly what I did with a few hungry lunching friends.

I've been to White Rabbit before but not eaten there for a while... First things first, you have to give the place credit for scene. It's a gorgeous venue.

Reading the menu I was not that surprised to see prices on the high side...it is Dempsey after all, and it is White Rabbit. But if you're going to pay over $30 for burgers and over $40 for prety much any main, it better be good.

Starting with the Buratta, we were off to a good start...even if it's not served with any bread (costs exta) - decent quality ingredients and a good overall flavour.

As for the wagyu burger, minute steak and eggs benny.....just disappointing... Serving sizes on the small side for sure and just not packing in the flavour that would expect for the price. Shame really. Especially when you can get a great burger for around $15-20 elsewhere...even in some comparable venues.

Service was ok but nothing to shout about.

All in all we spent around $80 per person with drink each. Not totally outrageous but just not worth the price. I think i'd still visit the bar at night though. Very pretty.

Had higher expectations for this restaurant

I tried calling many times to make a reservation with this restaurant and they did not bother picking up or calling back. I had to text them to make a reservation which the 1st impression was bad to start with.

When we arrived, the wait staff did not offer drinks or their menu for more than 5 minutes when the restaurant was pretty empty(6.30pm). My partner and I decided to order sparkling water and tea before any food arrive and the wait staff insisted we should have the tea with the dessert course.

Bread wasn't served till the runner realized, and the maitre d had to rush to serve us the bread and appetizer was served immediately after it. What bothers me the most was the wait staff attending to our table kept asking us how was the food when we were eating. Service staff should only asked the guests for comments about the food after each course, no?

Finally when we are at our last course; dessert, they assumed that it was my birthday and gave me the crepe suzette with ''happy birthday'' instead of my partner. It was really embarassing.

Overall the food was pretty decent, however the service was bad.

Great desserts and ambience

Located in Demsey is the White Rabbit. It has a rather decent sized parking lot which is free of charge for customers. The White Rabbit is more of an upscale fine dining place you would take someone to celebrate a special meal with. It is also a beautifully restored 1930s Ebenezer chapel!

The White Rabbit resides in a restored old chapel along the stretch of Dempsey Hill. The historical establishment itself is very captivating in creating a unique 'Alice in Wonderland' concept of The White Rabbit, attempting to bring you to another world. There's a very cute outdoor dining area lined with lounge chairs. The staff explained that they were setting up a wedding the next door. I can definitely see this place being used for weddings.
 I am glad that they managed to preserve the stained glass from when this was a place of worship. The atmosphere in the chapel was peaceful and romantic with ceiling lights as well very powerful air conditioning systems. So much so, that they staff offered us ladies, scarves or even warm water instead of cold water.

1. Truffle Mac and Cheese with mushrooms $16++
 Though this is an appetizer portion. It had alot of mac and cheese and thus, became very filling quickly. The amount of truffle added to the mac and cheese was very significant and you could smell and taste it. They were generous with the mushrooms as well! The texture of the cheese was warm enough to enjoy and yet stick all the macaroni together.
 There was also bread service. I picked tomato basil bread, and since the bread is all freshly baked in house. The bread was piping hot and extremely crisp to begin with. The provided butter melted immediately once I applied it into the bread.

2. Deconstructed Cheese Cake $18++
 This was an interesting dessert. The wait staff asked me to mix up everything on the plate as there was graham crumble, blueberry sorbet and pop rocks all layered one on top of the other. The cream cheese wasn't too sweet or sour. The pop rock popped in your mouth in every mouthful. It was definitely a surprise for me. I enjoyed that the graham crackers were crumbles instead of a hard crust, that you would find in any typical cheesecake. This way, you could enjoy the graham crackers bit by bit.

3. Chocolate Fondant $16++
 The chocolate fondant consisted of a caramel core lava cake with fruits and banana and rum ice cream. The lava cake wasn't moist on the exterior, but rather it was bread crust like. On the inside, was a small pocket of caramel that flowed out like liquid gold! The banana and rum ice cream was full of creamy goodness. I guess to compliment all the sweet stuff, all the fruits provided were sour?

All in all, a very beautiful place to spend time with your loved ones. The food and the ambience are both top notch!

Check out my review here!

For more photos and full review, please view: