Reviews for The Banana Leaf Apolo (Race Course Road)

AsianIndianNorth IndianSouth Indian
ideleong

Good for groups

Went here in a group of 7, and we all had a good time. The Masala chicken was a tad too spicy for my taste, and we had to chase a few times for drinks, but service was friendly. I definitely recommend going in a large group, as you can try a wider variety of items. The tables are long though, so conversation can be difficult.
10 Dec 2014 • 7 reviews • 2 followers

Good for groups

12 Nov 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Horrible food and worst service

My wife and I went to this place for dinner todat. As soon as we sat at the table and held the menu card, a waiter came to take our order. When asked to give us 5 mins to decide, he gave a weird look and said a rude OK. We ordered chicken tikka and Mughlai Biryani. They took 40 mins to serve. When the food did arrive, the tikka was cold and tasted stale. The biryani was a big joke. Some masala rice with bland and unmarinated pieces of dry chicken!  We being Indian know the authentic taste of these things and were wondering how this restaurant must be fooling the poor non Indian souls who will innocently accept what is served to them. What pissed me off the most is the attitude of the staff. Ironically, they are most rude with Indian customers! This is my 3rd  such experience at this restaurant. I will never ever eat at this bloody restaurant again. Period. Aah...my stomach is aching due to those stale tikkas!!
28 Oct 2014 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

One of th best Indian meals I've had

really lovely meal. Very tasty lamb rogan josh with accompaniments. Service was acceptable but nothing special.