Fri - Sat: 16:00 - 02:00
Mon - Thu: 16:00 - 01:00
The Chamber Bar & Bistro is located at Robertson Walk and specialises in beer and bar food.
great place for catching live soccer matches, wide alfresco area seating
and a giant screen. i tend to get peckish when i drink, so i'm pretty
thankful for the wide variety of snacks and mains to choose from, both
western and japanese. the chili cheese beef fries ($7.90) and japanese chix teriyaki pizza ($14) went perfectly
with my beer ($9), and the drinks are 1-for-1 during happy hour! overall
great experience i must say. the wide alfresco area was unlike the stuffy and packed bars i've been to, plus the giant screen means my view was not blocked, definately recommended for catching live matches if you appreciate chorusing along to live games and not having to squint.
1. Outdoor sitting area can get really humid. Restaurant dont bother to install fans outside. So unless you are sure the weather's gonna be good, dress down. esp if you are gonna be there for a 1.5hr soccer match.
2. Me and my boyfriend had a small table for 2, which was fine. Later on, 2 of our friends said they would be joining us, so we asked for 2 more chairs. A service staff brought 2 plastic chairs over (stacked on top of one another) and didnt bother to unstack the chair to arrange around the table. Left the chairs next to me and walked away.
3. The charge GST after including their service charge, unlike other restaurants who charge both at the same time. I'm not sure if that is even legal. Consumers end up paying more in that way.
4. We paid by cash and when the change came, we realised a $2 note was hidden neatly under the receipt. most people wouldnt take the receipt and hence would have missed out on any notes that were neatly tucked under. I'm not sure what is their intention but we both felt it wasnt a very honest act. So, if you have to go there, check underneath the receipt when you get your change back.
5. Food is nothing to rave about at all.
Decided to try this place, with the dim lighting and fountain in the open space. This place scores on ambience, but that is all there is!
Tried the mussels with leek, and the japanese curry with bread. Mussels with leek - small mussels, about 20 of them in a saltish gravy for $23. Japanese curry with bread - you envision a sweet mild curry gravy with some nice bread rolls, yet you get an extremely spicy overpowering gravy with flat white slightly burnt bread slices at $11.90.
With an order of a bottle of beer, the above set us back at $55.
The service was non-existent. The service attendants were unsmiling, and food were served in a mechanical way.
It was one of the worst meals I ever had! I don't recommend to go there, even if it is just for drinks as the drinks menu is lacklustre too...
Today I was there for the game between Liverpool and Arsenal.
They are a group of 10 of us and we order our food at 1810, they bill us at 1822.
Our food wasn't serve until we apporach the staff and manager abuot it. When we question the staff why the food was so late, the Male staff told us that we need to wait another 20 mins at 2033. I ask him why so, he reply me that it is either we wait for 20 mins or cancel the order... That is not service. When I request for the manger to see her, he just brush us aside and insist we wait another 20 mins or cancel the order.
I hard no choice but to apporach the manager and the Manager is not sorry about it tell us to wait for our food. Then he told us we have to wait for our food and it will be serve in 10 mins at 2038.
All our food eventually was serve at 2050. After the promise of all the food to be serve on the table within 10 mins.
Why is it possible for them to serve in 12 mins yet in the first place we have to wait 2 hours and 40 mins for our food?
In the end of all this, the staff and management there are not sorry about it. They just brush it off. Is the the type of standard we should expect for paying ?