Review for The Daily Scoop (Chip Bee Gardens)

3.6

DessertsWestern
Address: #01-78, Chip Bee Gardens, 43 Jalan Merah Saga, 278115
20 Dec 2013

Ice cream with waffles

For reviews of ice cream parlours & pictures: click here

Dropped by this store for a place of waffles and ice cream one afternoon. I like how this parlour is hidden behind the bustling side of Holland V. It makes for a good chillax place to catch up with friends. My plate of waffles was warm, crispy on the outside but soft on the inside and it went really well with my strawberry ice cream. The servers were really friendly too. Expect to see many teenagers and kids around this parlour.

More reviews of The Daily Scoop

unique flavours

I was actually queue for another ice cream cafe that day, but the cafe need to queue for at least 30 minutes before getting a seat. Therefore, my friends and I decide to give Daily Scoop a try! They have a wide range of flavours to choose, from the standards like minty mint, simply chocolate and strawberry shortcake to the fun flavours like Thai chai, wasabi mango and chilli choc! Sound pretty interesting and I think it quite worth the time to drop by for a try!

I don't always eat dairy, but when I do I eat Daily Scoop

We stopped by at 11:00 am, not our usual ice cream eating time, to enjoy a sweet treat. We split a scoop of Salted Mr. Brown. It was served in a cold and frosty bowl with a small steel spoon. We loved holding a real bowl and spoon, not plastic and paper! At $3.40 for a large scoop the value is beyond generous, and this was some of the best ice cream I have ever had. The flavor of Salted Mr. Brown is sublime, subtlety salty, sweet but not too much, with a caramel flavor. Though we didn't have a waffle or brownie they looked really good, and I would certainly return to try. The pints to go are $12.50, certainly a bargain, especially compared to premium brand commercial ice creams that are not as rich and tasty as The Daily Scoop. I can't wait to return.

Atrociously rude service

I wanted my ice cream in a cone, but it was last call and they only had choco-cones. The server said so and asked "is that alright?" I said yes, but when it came time to pay she wanted 60c more for the un-asked, un-wanted choco cone. I said I didn't want to pay extra and would prefer a refund on my ice cream, but she refused to refund my money.

After 30 seconds of arguing with me that I should be happy to pay 60c extra or take my ice cream in a cup, she grabbed the money out of the till and threw it at my hand violently.

Awful service, RUDE, GREEDY STAFF. Never again!
Overall

the brownie is one of the best ever!

for photos and more reviews, visit http://littlemomentsofmylife.wordpress.com/ :)

this place looks sooo adorable! :) i was captivated by the wallpaper the moment i stepped into the store. tucked away in chip bee gardens (there are actually so many food places to explore there!), i've been wanting to try this place forever. but i couldnt bring myself to travel to sunset way or wherever the other outlet is.

my friends went absolutely gaga over the kahlua flavour. all of them ordered it! if you like coffee, take their word and try it.

i opted for the butterscotch pecan, and topped up for a brownie ($5.50). absolutely lovely! :) their ice cream is smooth, creamy and flavourful, and the brownie was SO DELICIOUS. lightly crisp on the outside, it revealed a moist soft interior that was richly chocolate-y. wonderful :)) try it!