Reviews for The French Stall

EuropeanFrenchWestern

Great place for steak and dessert

I chanced upon TFS after surfing around for new steak places to try and I have to say – it does serve one of the best steaks I have ever had in Singapore!   I went for the three-course meal, which comprised the famous French onion soup, the steak and the yummilicious tiramisu, and all three food items certainly did not disappoint.   The soup was hot and comforting and I really enjoyed the two pieces of cheese on toast floating in the soup. They tasted great after they have soaked up the soup. The steak was tender and done the way how I liked it. The tiramisu was divine.   So yes, I will definitely return to TFS. Thumbs up!
• 06 Jun 2015 • 5 reviews • 0 follower

Great place for steak and dessert

• 01 Jun 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Owners could be more flexible

Overall
My family and I always like the food here. 2 days ago, we went there for its SG50's 4 course meals. As the meals have foie gras, we brought along a 500ml bottle of Tokaji. Told the lady owner that we would open a bottle of red wine from the restaurant if they could waive the corkage for my Tokaji. The owner said no. I would then asked how much would be the corkage since the menu stated a S$22 corkage per 750ml bottle (I was expecting S$15). The owner said that the S$22 per 750ml is in case any customer bring in a magnum, so they could charge double the corkage i.e. S$44. I then asked her that wouldn't a smaller bottle means lower corkage charge i.e. 500/750 times S$22 = S$15? She said it doesn't work the same if it is smaller bottle i.e. the S$22 will apply. We proceeded with the dinner without ordering any wine or drink. To us, it took away some pleasure of the dinner and to the owner, they could have the additional profit from the wine (which I would have ordered from the restaurant if they waive the corkage for my Tokaji) or wine corkage (albeit slightly lower at S$15) and other drinks. Many restaurants in Singapore or in SE Asia would waive the corkage if customer would also buy a bottle from the restaurant. And the owners should state clearly that the S$22 corkage minimum would apply to any 750ml bottle or lower to prevent any misunderstanding.
• 19 Apr 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Finally listed back as OPEN

Overall
Hurray! Yet another wonderful dinner celebrating our birthdays! Giant Profiterole is the perfect dessert with the SPARKLE! Thank you THE FRENCH STALL team!  We had such a great time catching up with friends & enjoying the great music...
  • France in Singapore