Summary

Ambience3
Service3
Giant profiteroles, chocolate souffle, Foie Gras, Duck leg confit, Escargot, Dark Chorcalate Cake, chicken liver pate, creme caramel, garlic bread, Cordon bleu, Baked Alaska, Beef, Cheese fondue, Cheese platter, Chicken leg Tagliatelle, Chicken leg sauce, Executive Beef Steak Set, Gratin Dauphinois, Grilled Pork Chop, Onion Soup, Oxtail Stew, Pork Rillette, Pork ribs with housemade barbecue sauce, Steak, Tiramisu (A Better Try.. not must try), amigos, desserts, honey cheesecake, panfried dory fish View all
Dinner, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, After Work, Wine Lists, Chillout, Hidden Find, Romance/First Dates, Large Groups/Gathering, Vibrant/Noisy, Children/Family, People Watching, Quiet, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, Lunch, Private Dining, Ala Carte, Cheap Eat/Budget, Supper, Anniversary View all

nice restaurant in an usual area

didn't expect to find a french restaurant in serangoon rd. reached at night and manage to get the last order. felt the athmosphere of a restaurant that has been around for quite some time. Noticed some regular customers. Food was nice and typical french options available. Escargot and creme caramel something I would recomend trying.

Most helpful reviews for The French Stall

Big big portions

That is some good pry-of-the-bone grilled pork ribs with housemade barbecue sauce ($22.80), The French Stall! It's a massive portion for one (we shared between two) with robust savory notes. The lentils were a little overcooked, but a good base as its flavours didn't overpower the ribs. As part of a deal at the Stall, we also received a free giant baked Alaska ($11.80) with our meal.

Not a place I will ever visit

Food/Drink N/A | Value N/A | Ambience N/A | Service 1

I first try this restaurant years back when I was still a student and they are just a stall inside the foodcourt beside allson hotel. Its good that business grew and they have a nice shop of their own. But it has now become a restaurant that I will not visit. Not for the lack of good food but for the simple lack of decent service. This round we visited at 7.30pm with a restaurant half full. 4 of us was sitted down without a reservation(yes we r groupon users). Shortly after we are told the restaurant is fully booked and we have to leave. The reason being they only accept a few groupon customers a day and for groupon users their r fully booked till 9.30 pm Sunday night. After which the groupon is expired( they closed for renovations till 18 march n we r unable to come till last nite). was told we r free to stay n dine if we dun use groupon. Would you stay and eat? I won't and probably never again

Highly disappointing

The food wasn't terrible, but it was sub par across the board. The chocolate souffle was particularly awful. Considering the price it was an immense let down.

I think you can much better food at this price point. What a pity

Great place for steak and dessert

I chanced upon TFS after surfing around for new steak places to try and I have to say – it does serve one of the best steaks I have ever had in Singapore!

I went for the three-course meal, which comprised the famous French onion soup, the steak and the yummilicious tiramisu, and all three food items certainly did not disappoint.

The soup was hot and comforting and I really enjoyed the two pieces of cheese on toast floating in the soup. They tasted great after they have soaked up the soup. The steak was tender and done the way how I liked it. The tiramisu was divine.

So yes, I will definitely return to TFS. Thumbs up!

The management of The French Stall responded to this review:
18 Sep 2015
Thank you for your great review. We are glad you have enjoyed your dinner with us. Hope to see you again soon. Don't forget to visit our website for more forthcoming events....