Review for The King Louis Grill & Bar (VivoCity)

2.9

Western
Address: #03-07A, VivoCity, 1 HarbourFront Walk, 098585

07 Jun 2014
Overall

Great ambience with big portion.

Me and a few of my friend went to King Louis Grill & Bar at Vivocity last saturday and it was packed.

We ordered Chargrilled Lamb Fillet, The King's Burger, Prince Charles Seafood Aglio Olio and Pan Fried Pacific Fillet of Fish for our main course. Although the restaurant was packed and the staff were busy, we enjoyed our stay there as the food served were in big portion and delicious.

Luckily we ordered Chilli Cheese Fries for our starters to compensate for the waiting time due to the dinner crowd.

Overall the experience is great although the waiting time is a little long which we understand.
Chargrilled Lamb Fillet, Prince Charles Seafood Aglio Olio, Pan Fried Pacific Fillet of Fish

More reviews of The King Louis Grill & Bar

good food

good value for money, price is right for the quantity. like it v much.will recommand to other friends

poorest service experience ever

I ordered a wine. Just a glass of wine. You can imagine how frustrated one would be if you have to wait for 40 minutes for that glass. My friend finished up eating half of his food of course rest half is still under process. I requested them to cancel pending orders, but they even refused to cancel pending items, not even glass of wine. I just paid for the bill and left.

Express Lunch Deal

We went there primarily because it was seldom crowded, and we like our peace and quiet.

Anyway, we visited the restaurant again for lunch before Christmas (2014) because it was jam-packed everywhere else. We were pleasantly surprised to find that they had launched a new Express Lunch Menu. Based on our orders that day, we’d give it a 9 out of 10.

Essentially, the mains range from just $5 for a Vegetarian Aglio Olio to $15.50 for a Premier Char-grilled Australian Beef. You can top up between $1.50 to $3.50 for a drink / a full set lunch.

We ordered the Grilled Moroccan Chicken Salad ($6.90) and the Grilled Australian Beef Salad ($7.90), and topped up $3.50 for one of the meals to include a drink, (mushroom) soup and dessert (ice-cream).

We were pleasantly surprised by the generous serving of salad and meats when they arrived at our table.

For more information and photos, refer to our blog at https://angiekayexplorer.wordpress.com/2015/01/08/express-lunch-deal-king-louis-vivocity/
Overall

Thumb up rating is for the food only

Paid 1 price to try 4 different kinds of meat (mainly beef, lamb, pork & chicken) from their festive menu. All meat were done nicely to prevent overcook & not too overtaste. Drinks were not included somehow & they charge 20cents (per glass) for drinking water (non-refillable).

They made an effort to furnish the place by making use of different seating concept at almost each area. Our seats were not so comfortable & being arranged to a corner where getting service attention was real difficult.

Overall dining experience was above average. Need improvements to the seating arrangement & service attention. Thumb up rating is mainly for the food only.

OVER-PRICED Food

I was there with my wife last week and I will not patronize it again.
 For the price we paid, I can have better foods at other places
 The portion is extremely big BUT about 50% is potato which we didn’t even finish.
 I don’t recommend this place for a good dinner
 VIVO is certainly has many other good dining options besides this one