Summary

Value3
Mushroom Soup, knight's lancelot, Banana Bacon Bites, Queen Victoria, BBQ BABY BACK RIBS, BBQ CHICKEN PULLET, Baked Oysters, Blue Devil Ice Tea, Calamari, Carbonara/ Fish & Chips/ Dory Fish/ Mushroom soup, Chargrilled Lamb Fillet, Curly fries, Express Lunch Set, Fish and chicken main course, Lamb Steak with Rosemary Herbs, Pan Fried Pacific Fillet of Fish, Pasta and Banquet set, Platter C, Prince Charles Seafood Aglio Olio, Pumpkin soup, Ribs, Roasted Beef with Black Pepper Sauce, Roasted beef, Salad, Seafood Marinara, Something Special, The meat platters, baby ribs, steak View all
Dinner, Live Band, Chillout, After Work, Large Groups/Gathering, View/Scenery, Boys Night Out, Lunch, Romance/First Dates, Children/Family, Corporate Events, Quiet, Girls Night Out, Business Dining, Waterfront, Large Groups, Hidden Find, Wine Lists, Birthdays, Night Out, Private Dining, Vibrant/Noisy, Anniversary, Parties, Relaxed, Weddings, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Fine Dining, Supper, Ala Carte, Wheelchair Friendly View all

Great ambience with big portion.

Me and a few of my friend went to King Louis Grill & Bar at Vivocity last saturday and it was packed.

We ordered Chargrilled Lamb Fillet, The King's Burger, Prince Charles Seafood Aglio Olio and Pan Fried Pacific Fillet of Fish for our main course. Although the restaurant was packed and the staff were busy, we enjoyed our stay there as the food served were in big portion and delicious.

Luckily we ordered Chilli Cheese Fries for our starters to compensate for the waiting time due to the dinner crowd.

Overall the experience is great although the waiting time is a little long which we understand.

Most helpful reviews for The King Louis Grill & Bar (VivoCity)

OVER-PRICED Food

I was there with my wife last week and I will not patronize it again.
 For the price we paid, I can have better foods at other places
 The portion is extremely big BUT about 50% is potato which we didn’t even finish.
 I don’t recommend this place for a good dinner
 VIVO is certainly has many other good dining options besides this one

Disappointing

If you like fried food and dry meat you will love this place...

Lookout for the office furniture (rolling leather office chairs and living room tables) to compliment the medieval theme (??).

Simply bad food

The steaks we ordered were of such poor quality - very gristly with a lot of it simply haveing to be spat out.  Nothing else about the food or the restaurant was any better - bland, poor quality food with inattentive, inefficient staff.

If you want quality meat or steak - clearly this is not the place to go.  Search elsewhere and you will be so much better off.

Better than I expected

Without kids in tow, hubby and I decided to try King Louis as the reviews were undecided and we just have to find out for ourselves.

Occupying the former Hog's Breathe's space, King Louis redid the interior deco to reflect a very medieval dining atmosphere.

Food wise...I ordered a seafood Marinara (as ALWAYS) and hubby decided to follow the recommendations and ordered a half slab of ribs.

1) Seafood Marinara - I asked for mine to be made spicy but it arrived without any hint of spice but I'm ok with that. It's just me and my Asian tongue. The taste is ok, tomato-y and fresh ingredients.

2) Ribs - Hubby's ribs was served in a huge 'silver' platter which was nice, to really sit in with the whole medieval theme. The ribs were soft and flavourful. Much better than my pasta, which was already quite good.

We added $6 to make one order a meal and it came with mushroom soup (which was actually good) and a drink and a scoop of ice cream. The ice cream was actually quite a generous scoop and quality was good too. Not your runny cheap ice cream.

King Louis is`worth going

My friend recommended King Louis to me. so we decided to take a look at the place and try the food. To my surprise, this restaurant is very nicely-decorated. The theme is using European style setting facing the sea. i like the beautiful scenery. The staff are very polite to us. We had mushroom and pumpkin soup, cheesy chicken and pasta. The food is nice and the price is reasonable. We will definitely go to King Louis again.