Summary

Value3
oysters, desserts, Sashimi, seafood, satays, indian food, laksa, salmon sashimi, drunken prawns, tandoori chicken, Choc Fondue, Tiramisu, alaskan king crab legs, cheese platter, grilled meat, salad spread, Chill Crabs, Crepes, Depends on you., Murtabak, Pineapple Custard Tart, Prata, Roasted Meat, Sashimi and fresh oysters., Shahimi, Tapas corner, and crepes., beef sirloin, chiled seafood platter snow crab, everything, forget it...., fresh cappucino coffe, grilled lobster when available, jap, lobster, meats, mussels, naan, pizza, roast prime ribs, scallops sashimi, sharks fin soup, swordfish sashimi, Antipasti, Boston crabs, Salads, coffee pork rib, free flow Champagne, kebab, smoked meats, soy chicken View all
Buffet, Large Groups/Gathering, Dinner, Vibrant/Noisy, Children/Family, Lunch, After Work, Business Dining, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Brunch, People Watching, Quiet, Birthdays, Breakfast, Chillout, Fine Dining, Romance/First Dates, View/Scenery, Corporate Events, Anniversary, High Tea, Large Groups, Wine Lists View all

All salty food stingy restaurant

We went togther with our company together. The cod fish were very salty. At the indian cuisines, the tandoori and fish were equally salty.    The satays they only gave out 5 to 6 sticks in once only. The chef would wait for the customer to go away after taking three or more sticks before handling out some more if there are.    The chef actually took out the 5 sticks on the bbq after the one in front of me left and these fives sticks were overcooked. I declined to take these five sticks and the chef waived at me to take and i told him "burnt". After which he reluctantly took out the last 5 from the bbq stove and these were cooked with soot.  (other buffet the chef just made and leave it for customers to help themselves to the food and prepared at intervals.)    At the western cuisines, the thin crust cheese pizza  i took a bite and throw it away. Compared to pizze hut and canadian i would rate it 3/10.    My colleague said the oysters were fresh? (I dont eat raw food) but it came out quite slow.  It was lunch and hence no alaska crabs.  The cold crab looks miserable so i did not eat any seafood.    At the Japanese sushi, i was surprise to find no unagi at all As most of the buffet i ate most had generous amount of bbq unagi for eating. The laksa i did not try it looks more like curry to me.    I could not find any fresh vegetable at the salad stall. The orange pumpkin soup was also sour and salty. I like pumpkin soup however and the second pot was sweet and sour.    The best was only the durian coconut cake and the raspberry cheese cake which i ate two each.   The ice cream was hand made. I tried the hazenut and it tasted cheap not rich ice cream not at all comparable to hagen dazs or even magnum.    The strawberry ice cream was like sherbet and i throw both scopes away. Overall my comment is this restaurant is not a generous at all.    No value for money at all.  The auntie kept topping water and at one instant topped up my cup with hot water instead of warm water. Good grief i was careful with the water.    Gotta Beware for little kids. one more thing i dont like her to touch and shift my cup when i am eating.  Problem is both the plates collectors and water are served by the same group of people. Should have ask waitress to serve eater instead.    My colleagues who ate there many times said the standard dropped a lot, Today. 25th April, Monday 2016. A bad experience. Shall never ever recommend.

Most helpful reviews for The Line

Worst Buffet I Have Ever Tried

Our party of four went to The Line tonight for the buffet and I must say that it was a throughly disappointing experience.  I had always thought that Shangri La had one of the best buffets in town but our our experience was completely the opposite.  The food spread was poor and the food quality was poor.  I think you can get better quality food at a Kopitiam food court.  I usually stuff myself at buffets because there is so much good food to eat but here I stopped eating after two rounds as there was just nothing to get excited about.  My fellow diners all had the same opinion.  A real waste of money if you asked me.  There are better value buffets elsewhere.

Never going back

My husband decided to treat me for my birthday and since I specifically requested for fresh oysters and buffet, he decided to take me to the line because of the rave reviews it got. In anticipation of yummy fresh oysters and other incredible delights, we paid 30 bucks cabfare to travel to the most ulu hotel in orchard. Guess what. No fresh oysters! They covered oysters with oil and baked them, leaving them in the open in all their cold unsavory glory. Ok, so no fresh oysters. It would have been alright if the rest of the food was gd. It was extremely disappointing.  Unappeitizing sashimi, 20 different types of curries which looked and tasted the same, pasta cooked with canned mushroom soup (seriously?? This is shang for gawdssake), bland and thin clam chowder. I could go on and on. Ok so laksa was nice, but I might as well go to a hawker centre.  Anyway, have no idea why its so crowded when the food was uninspiring and insipid. Lousy!

Bad experience at The Line

I was at The Line for lunch yesterday and I must say, it was one of the worst buffet experiences I've had in terms of not only the food, but the service and ambience as well.

Firstly, the food was below par, which I do not expect of a restaurant with such a reputation. In particular, the sashimi was of the wrong temperature, in fact, it was almost room temperature. I could go on and on about the poor food standards but there's more.

The ambience was poor as well. Firstly, the restaurant is too crowded for its size and it doesnt help that its passageways are so narrow. Going away from my table to get food poses a challenge as I've to be extremely cautious in ensuring that I do not collide into anyone. This isn't what I would expect of a buffet like this.

Lastly, the service was poor as well. I had to wait 20 minutes after asking for the bill before finally receiving it. At that point, I was so displeased with the experience I had that I almost wanted to simply walk off without paying. Honestly, the experience spoilt my mood completely and I doubt I will return in a long, long time.

Nice foods but not impressive

Too many different food style in Shangri-La Hotel. It is nice except those is local food we able found everywhere in Singapore. Like Hainanese Chicken Rice, Indian prata, Dim sum, pizza and etc.

Their seafood & sashimi choices is minimum. It is easy found better choice with this prices in Singapore.

Please visit my food blog
SGMY Foods

SMU Gourmet Club

For the full review with photos, visit:

Bathed in glorious daylight from the poolside terrace at lunchtime, the impressive line-up of 16 culinary stations at The Line beckons for a second look. The Shangri-La Hotel International Buffet perhaps counts among the best-known buffets in Singapore and it sure is proving itself.

The seafood station, where most Singaporeans determine if they are getting their buffet dollars’ worth, has a bountiful supply of seafood. Besides clams, prawns and mussels, the station chefs dole out oysters shucked on the spot and fresh crabs from their kitchen at all times. When these appear to be gone, fret not. Ask and they will gladly give.

The Line’s Italian station serves up pasta cooked in the various available sauces at your request. There’s also the staples like pizza and bruschetta. And then, there’s theLobster with Butter Herb. Slathered in butter herb and garlic, the maine lobster flesh is succulently sweet and perfectly cooked for the most part; yes, I had more than a few. If you’re lucky, try to get the meaty lobster tails. Otherwise, grab the claws. They are good enough anyway.

And here’s a clear winner among the Asian food – Liu Sha Pao. For the uninitiated, this is a salted egg yolk custard-filled steamed Chinese bun. I felt I had struck gold amidst the Dim Sum steam baskets while scouring this section! Fluffy skin, check. Gooey viscous custard, check. Emerald tinted skin with a redolent whiff of pandan. Now that’s uncommon and I recall only one other place doing the same. Be sure to spend some of your carbohydrate quota on this. It’s worth the stomach space.