Back to The LineShangri-La Hotel, 22 Orange Grove Road

Wine Lists3 votes

ArcticStar
 • 19 Aug 2014 236 reviews 1 follower
Overall
It was Tuesday night dinner at The Line, which also meant it was "Oysters Night" - usual occurences on Tuesday evenings (Thursday evenings are "Seafood Night"). I heard of The Line for a while, and finally got to savour its goodness with *Celine tonight.

There was quite a large spread of food of all kinds of variety and cuisine - everything was very organised by relevant sections. Almost all the savoury dishes were cooked with seafood, i.e. abalone pie tee, char kuey teow with scallops, and lobster laksa etc. The desserts station was extensive and definitely looked tantalizing as well. Best of all, there was an outside station serving durians, mangosteens etc!

I tried quite a few items, including the must-have platter of Seafood - raw Oysters, Crab, Scallop and Mussels. The Oysters were large and juicy - tasting especially good with sloshes of Tabasco sauce and lemon squeezes.

The desserts were all delicious as well, such as panna cotta, cakes, crispy pancake with ice-cream - some of them were infused with alcohol.

Overall, dining at The Line was a lovely experience. I also loved the free flow of wine, Champagne and fruit juices. Service could be improved upon though. I would like to come back to try the Seafood Night (Thursday evenings).

For more detailed information and photos, please feel free to visit:

Must tries: oysters, Sashimi, DESSERTS, seafood, free flow Champagne

Birthdays, Buffet, Dinner

baconmonster
 • 20 Apr 2014 8 reviews 0 follower
Overall
There were a few hits (the salmon sashimi, chicken satay, potatoes) but many many more misses (worm in my oyster, mediocre desserts and long long queues for the seafood).

Word of advice: do not go during public holidays!

For a full review and pictures, go to: http://baconmonster.wordpress.com/2014/04/20/shangri-la-the-line/

Must tries: Sashimi

Lovedesserts
 • 26 Feb 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
My husband decided to treat me for my birthday and since I specifically requested for fresh oysters and buffet, he decided to take me to the line because of the rave reviews it got. In anticipation of yummy fresh oysters and other incredible delights, we paid 30 bucks cabfare to travel to the most ulu hotel in orchard. Guess what. No fresh oysters! They covered oysters with oil and baked them, leaving them in the open in all their cold unsavory glory. Ok, so no fresh oysters. It would have been alright if the rest of the food was gd. It was extremely disappointing.  Unappeitizing sashimi, 20 different types of curries which looked and tasted the same, pasta cooked with canned mushroom soup (seriously?? This is shang for gawdssake), bland and thin clam chowder. I could go on and on. Ok so laksa was nice, but I might as well go to a hawker centre.  Anyway, have no idea why its so crowded when the food was uninspiring and insipid. Lousy!