Review for The Line

International
Address: Shangri-La Hotel, 22 Orange Grove Road, 258350
10 Jan 2014
Overall

Nice foods but not impressive

Too many different food style in Shangri-La Hotel. It is nice except those is local food we able found everywhere in Singapore. Like Hainanese Chicken Rice, Indian prata, Dim sum, pizza and etc.

Their seafood & sashimi choices is minimum. It is easy found better choice with this prices in Singapore.

Please visit my food blog
SGMY Foods
seafood, Sashimi, oysters

More reviews of The Line

Overall

Food is nice but expensive

I went there on Saturday dinner buffet and it is around $100+ per person. The buffet has a lot of different variety of food from Seafood, Chinese, Indian, western, Japanese and desert bar. There is free flow of hot coffee, chocolate and tea. The service is good, the seafood is very fresh and there is wide range of desert. I like their oyster, Alaska king crab, Macaroon and sushi. The staff will always keep helping you to refill the water and once you eat finish they clear your plate very fast while you go and take other stuff the dirty messy plate was cleared.

Good food

Went there for weekend lunch for my Niece birthday. The buffet spread was huge and have different kind of cuisines. Since it was her birthday the staff even gave a small complimentary cake. Great service.
Overall

One third good, one third soso, one third bad.

Wagyu beef n lamb tough
Lobster bisque thick and fragrant but on the sweet side
Steamed salmon, prawn and scallops passable but tough
Frozen seafood passable
Chili crab moderately fresh
Dim sum is of coffee shop quality
Snow crab leg briny n pleasant
Sushi decent
Satay well spiced and warm.
Curry chicken fragrant
Curry fish tough
Roasted duck fragrant
Soy chicken tasty and tender
Coffee pork rib tender n fragrant
Orange duck overly salty
Smoked meats juicy and aromatic
Kebah tender and well marinated
Indian salmon tender and well seasoned
Dessert mostly too sweet other than strawberry short cake which was light and airy
Fried rice too hard
Sambal chili packs a punch but fragrant

Service was okay.
Hot drinks was fine, a variety of coffees and teas were offered.
Overall

Great buffet spread! Going back for sure :)

Had lunch buffet with my friend.. we were 10 mins early but the service crew were flexible and let us in :) they helped us change our seats due to the sunlight shining on our faces and blinding us so my fried and I really appreciated their patience and help.
 The food was amazing! didnt manage to try all the food.. the seafood spread was amazing! oysters were fresh, prawns huge and succulent, steamed fish tender! Some dishes didnt turn out too well like the indian skewers but seriously, everything else is amazing! Love the macarons and desserts! Can't wait to go back there again! Yummy!

Huge buffet spread

lunch buffet at ‘The Line' is, huge buffet spread. Fresh seafood, Italian, Arabic, Chinese, local cuisine, Indian, desserts and so much more… Attentive restaurant staff. It was crowded because of huge seating arrangement.
 Everything we had, tastes just amazing. This is one of the best buffets we had. Only thing we did not like that much is…their Indian section. Very first thing I saw in Indian section is, ‘Pani Puri’ (one of the most famous Indian appetizer). I would say, that was the worst pani puri..we ever had. Rest of the dishes on Indian section were just average.
 So many varieties of desserts. Many flavors of Gelatos and sorbets, chocolate molten cake, frozen yogurt, cakes, mousse etc. etc…

We also, had Breakfast buffet at ‘The line’, it was huge. So many things to choose, from local delicacies to western cuisines and Indian as well. Variety of breads, Cheese, Jams, cereals, yogurts, juices and fresh coffee, Egg station (you can customize your omelette), Fresh hot pancakes and waffles. Everything tastes super good. Highly recommend breakfast buffet at ‘The Line’
Thumbs up!!! for not just quantity but, for quality and taste as well.