Reviews for Marmalade Pantry in the City

2.8

AmericanInternationalWestern

Love their Carbonara!

For more reviews, visit: http://huipingtay.blogspot.sg/2015/02/hoshino-coffee-plaza-singapura.html

Beneath the chic and modern interior of the Marmalade Pantry is a cosy restaurant that serves dishes that are a delight to the palate. I have been to the Marmalade Pantry several times, however I have tried only one dish, the Carbonara. Their Carbonara is something I swear by and has kept me going back since my first visit. The Carbonara ($25) is extremely rich and creamy. The al dente spaghetti is firm to bite and has a chewy and bouncy texture to it. Poking the soft cooked egg gently with a fork allows the egg york to flow down smoothly into the mixture. Tossed with bacon bits, shaved cheese and flat parleys simply adds on to the joy. However, do note that this is a little "gelat" after awhile. To complete the meal, we ordered the Sea Salt Caramel Cheesecake ($9) for desserts. The cheesecake has a very smooth texture, easy on the mouth. The tinge of sea salt taste adds a twist to conventional cheesecake, definitely worth a try.
• 27 May 2015 • 22 reviews • 0 follower

Love their Carbonara!

• Sea Salt Caramel Cheesecake at The Marmalade Pantry
• 16 Mar 2015 • 21 reviews • 0 follower

Great Food. Best Cheese Cake!!!

Overall
Food is great. Even it was a very late lunch for us, we have decided to have 2 orders of cakes and only one main to share. Price of cheesecake is very low, as compared to the size of each slice! Unlike many other similar patisseries that serves a tiny thin slice of cake for more than $15, the Salted Caramel Cheesecake and Chocolate Fudge Cake here cost only $9! The only complaint I have is that this outlet is a bit understaff. Please try to keep the price of your wonderful cakes at such low price. We love your cakes!!!!!
• 07 Feb 2015 • 187 reviews • 5 followers

Forgettable

Overall
For the full post and picture visit toseetofeeltoeat

Spicy Crabmeat Linguine: Al dente linguine which absorbed the tasty spicy tomato sauce and generous servings of crab meat. The pasta was good but the Crab meat Pasta at Halia was definitely better.

My Oriental Grilled Salmon with Soba was sad. The slab of salmon was well grilled but it tasted like nothing. The salmon was not sweet with freshness, it was not well-marinated with anything, and I just felt like I was simply putting bits of something into my mouth. The soba was equally sad. Strips of cucumber sitting on top of strands of limp soba doused with sauce.

The best part of the meal was the truffle fries.