Reviews for Marmalade Pantry in the City

AmericanInternationalWestern
Hubert Cheo

GREAT CHEESECAKE!!!!

I love the cheese cake here, its so amazingly delicious!

First discovered this gem of a cafe when i was walking though ion, and everyone knows ion rght?

So i sat down and had a meal, it was nubbad, however the cheesecake which followed was the bomb!

Mamalade, keep making those delicious cakes!
09 Dec 2014 • 4 reviews • 0 follower

GREAT CHEESECAKE!!!!

I love the cheese cake here, its so amazingly delicious!

Mamalade, keep making those delicious cakes!
04 Oct 2014 • 18 reviews • 1 follower

Lousy food and wayyyy overpriced.

Just came home from dinner at this place. I ordered a pasta thats supposed to come with lobster bisque sauce, scallops and prawns. It came lukewarm, 1/4 of the pasta is undercooked. What an insult to call the sauce "lobster bisque". It was a grayish-brown translucent watery light broth that was cooked with dried miniature (fermented?) shirmps. It smells foul and lacks depth. It is simply a bad dish. I asked for pamesean cheese to make the dish bearable. It came in thin slices...? Well, by then I couldn't care less and dumped all the cheese in. The portion is pathetically small - while I left the place hungry, thank God I didn't have to sit through another minute of the torture.

My husband had the Basque chicken. The meat was stale; kinda reminds us of KFC and their rotten rancid chicken (only difference was that it cost about 5 times as much). The marinate tasted like heated Doritos salsa sauce from FairPrice - we had to use liberal amounts of tomato sauce to make the dish edible. Tomato sauce. Its a bloody insult to the chef to have to use tomato sauce but he/she deserves it. Oh and the potatoes that came with the dish were cold. It was a wretched dish that I wouldn't serve to my worst enemies.

All in all this has been a horrifying experience to have paid 70 bucks for. Kudos to Marmalade's marketing team - they have made mediocre food look good enough on the menu to trick people to come in. Bravo *slow clap*

We wouldn't mind paying double (triple and quadruple even) the amount for a good meal and honestly wouldn't have eaten this slop even if it was offered to us for free. Shame on you, Marmalade Pantry. Shame on you.

Pork Lagsana ($24)
with fresh ricotta
26 Sep 2014 • 29 reviews • 0 follower

If you've no other options...

For more reviews and photos, click here: http://mediumrareandothers.blogspot.com/2014/09/marmalade-pantry-orchard-ion.html

This is another affordable place for meals in Orchard, well, if you're looking at places like Saveur, and thinks that Alfresco Gutso downstairs is too expensive. For more affordable eats, you can check out Ion's basement.   They do have many kinds of flour-based mains like pasta with all sorts of interesting sauces, meats, sandwiches, and the likes. Also well-known are their pastries, which are in full glory on the counters, totally making those hungry people queuing up even hungrier, like me.   Here's what we had for dinner...     Pork Lagsana ($24)  with fresh ricotta   The Maramalade Mac and Cheese ($24) on a skillet with mozzarella, parmesan, emmental and gruyere   Sea-salt Caramel Cheesecake ($8)      The cakes comes in slices and wholes, which can be a good idea for birthday cakes, if you do not mind the $60+ price tag.   Nothing fantastic, just very normal. It's usually crowded during dinner time and totally not worth the queue-up...