Reviews for Marmalade Pantry in the City

AmericanInternationalWestern
Address: #03-22, ION Orchard, 2 Orchard Turn, 238801
30 Jan 2016

Brunch place

I remember that this place was the place that my partner and I had our first ever date at so naturally I have fond memories of this place and perhaps this review might be a little biased. (Lol) In anyway, this place is a tad pricey but they do serve up pretty decent breakfast and brunch. High tea here is also a good choice if you are not a morning person. From their cupcakes to their sliced cakes, this place oozes just that tad of class so it is a good place to impress your date (like what I previously tried to do) if you are searching for a suitable place. Due to the price, would recommend customers to come here once in a while only

More reviews of Marmalade Pantry in the City

Enjoyed my meal

The Marmalade Pantry; a cafe located in ION Orchard Road. A very open concept seating area cafe, where you can see shoppers walking around ION shopping Centre while having your meal. I was there on a Saturday late afternoon, the cafe is not exactly really crowded. I had my early dinner there which I ordered their carbonara. Initially, I was pretty worry whether they serve good main course, but luckily the carbonara taste really good. The spaghetti was made just nice with the soft egg where you see the yolk flowing out! It's just wow! Other than the main, I ordered their cheesecake to try which I also find it good! Overall experience was not bad I think.
Overall

Desserts, the only part worth talking about

Happenned to be at ION, and thought would catch lunch at this place. Had heard about them before, but was greatly dissappointed.
I ordered the halibut, which was the chef's recommendation and my husband ordered the rib eye steak. The halibut dish had too many ingredients, which just did not come togeher. The result was a very confused set of taste buds. Also the portion left me hungry. The steak was very average and not worth a mention. Did come with egg and pumpkin puree.
The range was quite large for desserts. Ordered the very safe chocolate fudge cake and it was good. The sweetness of the sauce well complemented the not so sweet cake.
Might visit again for the sake of my sweet tooth, but not the food.

Love their Carbonara!

For more reviews, visit: http://huipingtay.blogspot.sg/2015/02/hoshino-coffee-plaza-singapura.html

Beneath the chic and modern interior of the Marmalade Pantry is a cosy restaurant that serves dishes that are a delight to the palate. I have been to the Marmalade Pantry several times, however I have tried only one dish, the Carbonara. Their Carbonara is something I swear by and has kept me going back since my first visit.

The Carbonara ($25) is extremely rich and creamy. The al dente spaghetti is firm to bite and has a chewy and bouncy texture to it. Poking the soft cooked egg gently with a fork allows the egg york to flow down smoothly into the mixture. Tossed with bacon bits, shaved cheese and flat parleys simply adds on to the joy. However, do note that this is a little "gelat" after awhile.

To complete the meal, we ordered the Sea Salt Caramel Cheesecake ($9) for desserts. The cheesecake has a very smooth texture, easy on the mouth. The tinge of sea salt taste adds a twist to conventional cheesecake, definitely worth a try.

Overall

Great Food. Best Cheese Cake!!!

Food is great. Even it was a very late lunch for us, we have decided to have 2 orders of cakes and only one main to share. Price of cheesecake is very low, as compared to the size of each slice! Unlike many other similar patisseries that serves a tiny thin slice of cake for more than $15, the Salted Caramel Cheesecake and Chocolate Fudge Cake here cost only $9! The only complaint I have is that this outlet is a bit understaff. Please try to keep the price of your wonderful cakes at such low price. We love your cakes!!!!!