Summary

Sticky Date Pudding, cupcakes, Steak Sandwich, carrot cake, Sticky Date & Toffee Pudding, red velvet cupcake, All cakes, Chocolate Fudge Cake, Chocolate Nemesis, Crab Caesar, Crab linguine, Crab meat pasta, Crab meat tagallini, Crabmeat Linguine, Crabmeat linguini, Cupcakes., Fluffy Coconut Cream Cake, French Toast, Lemon Meringue Sponge Cake, Lemon Ricotta Hot cakes, Old chocolate fudge cake, Peanut butter toastie, Red Velvet, Red velvet cupcake with coconut frosting, Salted Caramel Cheese Cake, Chocolate Fudge Cake and Spicy Crabmeat Pasta, Scrambled Eggs on Toast with Field Mushrooms, Stick Date Pudding, Sticky Dat pudding, Sticky Date and Toffee Pudding, Sticky Date and Toffee Pudding with Vanilla Bean Ice-Cream, Sticky Date and Toffee Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream, The Tagliatelle was reasonable., cakes and cupcakes, crab linguini, crabmeat linguine with pine nuts, dark cherry tart, drinks, hairy cupcakes, lemon meringue cake, sticky date toffee pudding, tomatoes & chilli, truffle risotto, truffled field mushroom risotto View all
Lunch, People Watching, Brunch, Dinner, High Tea, Girls Night Out, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, After Work, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Quiet, Romance/First Dates, Breakfast, Business Dining, Boys Night Out, Business Breakfast, Supper View all

food is not worth the price

full review at http://poohlovesfood.com/2014/04/06/marmalade-pantry/

food was expensive and not really worth the price.

Most helpful reviews for Marmalade Pantry in the City

Nice cupcakes, horrible service

Was there a couple of times. Cupcakes were quite nice. So was the beetroot salad. However, I agree with the previous posts that service was lousy. I was shown a table for 2, but the space was too cramped for my friend's pram. So I asked for a bigger or a corner table. The waitress then showed me another table - exactly the same size of space. We had to look for another one on our own, but no one cared anyway.

Another waitress served a wrong coffee. When told, she just removed it with no apology, n gave us a dirty look even! By the way, all staff we saw were not Malaysians, but Filipinos.

Classic example of a management too cheap to hire competent / train staff.

Go only if u love cakes n can b totally oblivious to lousy service.

Not As Good As I'd Hoped

Full The Marmalade Pantry review here: http://ivanteh-runningman.blogspot.sg/2014/08/the-marmalade-pantry.html

The Marmalade Pantry first opened its city outlet in 2009, enticing diners with its 'modernist larder' concept, which promises fresh, healthy and tasty food that is prepared quickly. Drawing rave reviews, especially for their creative and pretty cupcakes, pastries and cakes, I was left feeling confused when I experienced poor food and poor service at The Marmalade Pantry during a recent visit... perhaps it was a bad day for them.

Ambience at The Marmalade Pantry has an elegant colonial charm, with fine tableware and colours of black and white offset by gold and wood trimmings. Love the open concept of the city outlet, perfect for people watching and relaxing. But the cramped floorspace means less privacy, and you can easily listen in on the next table's conversations.

During my visit, I received below average service at the The Marmalade Pantry. First, it was difficult to attract staff's attention, even though the restaurant wasn't packed. Second, they forget to serve my dessert after I asked for it, and I had to remind them again. On the plus side, staff did offer greetings when I stepped into The Marmalade Pantry, and food was served quickly.

I'm rather ambivalent about the food at The Marmalade Pantry. While I commend the use of fresh ingredients, and the beautiful plating of dishes, the actual execution of the dishes fell flat. For a upper-range cafe with higher than average prices, I expect better quality and skill than what I got, as such, I feel that The Marmalade Pantry is not value for money.

Portions sizes are decent enough for one person. I think the desserts at The Marmalade Pantry stood out for me as well, very pretty presentations, with good taste, though some are overly sweet. Overall, I would probably only recommend The Marmalade Pantry for desserts, not for main courses.

The aggressive looking Lemon Meringue Sponge Cake (SGD $8) has a sweet, airy, and light meringue that shatters easily, revealing the soft cake within. The cake is somewhat dry, but stands out for its zesty lemon cream that is a burst of flavour in the mouth.

I loved the Peony Jade White Tea (SGD $7), with its light body, delicate floral aroma, and sweet fruity taste of lychee and passionfruit, with a slight bitter finish. Excellent choice for an afternoon high tea session!

The Bananas And Berries Hotcakes (SGD $16) is served with a medly of berries (blueberries, strawberries) and honeycomb infused butter. The problem was the poorly cooked pancakes, which were limp, dry, and slightly tough in texture. Not satisfiying or tasty at all, in fact, The Marmalade Pantry received several complains about the poor quality of this dish from diners that day. Avoid!

Their dessert

Here I am again!! Telling you how great their desserts are :))) *drools*

I would say their desserts are really much better with their uniqueness that's different from other cafes. The names of their dessert is one thing I thought was unique. My cupcake was named William because it has william pears in it.

By the way, the cupcakes are pretty good. The moisture of the chocolate cupcake was perfect, and I love the william pear cream frosting on top of my cupcake.

With a much bigger size than the usual size you find at twelvecupckaes, their price are very justifiable. If given a chance, I will go back again :)

Read my whole review and pictures here!

Cheers!

You should go for the dessert

The whole experience was alright, but since this restaurant is located in the bustling Ion mall, i can understand the whole waiting time for the food was around 20 mins.

Ambience wise, since it's an open-air concept, there was many shoppers walk past.

The main dishes was fine only.

I've reviewed on our dishes respectively. Do view a more detailed review and photos, visit: http://chiamhuiy.blogspot.sg/2012/12/the-marmalade-pantry-review.html

You call that food?

Sure, Marmalade Pantry is a trendy, people-watching place, but to call it a restaurant would be an insult to the real restaurants in Singapore that strive to perfect the culinary art.

Everything, from the pasta to the salad, is smothered in sauce, as if trying to cover the real taste of the ingredients, if it even exists. The roasted vegetable strozzapreti drowned in its own sauce, as did the spinach salad. The crabmeat linguini had generous portions of crab but the the tomato sauce tasted plasticky.

A real puzzler as to why the place is so popular, which is probably why the management has no real incentive to improve the menu.