Review for The Orange Lantern (Harbourfront Centre)

Address: #01-98, Harbourfront Centre, 1 Maritime Square, 099253
06 Apr 2009 • 4 Reviews • 0 Follower

Great Vietnamese Food - a fan!

Being a Vietnamese by birth I have almost tried every viet food places that lasted long enough for us to make the trip down, the problem is not many of them lasted over the yrs and the few that lasted long enough, not many have we returned for a 2nd visit.

I’ve been a fan of The Orange Lantern from day one (their first outlet at Killiney Rd where we happened to spot local celebrities on a few occasions too) and remained a fan over the yrs. We now frequent their harbourfront outlet because it's more convenient for us but we still go back to Killiney when we happens to be in Orchard areas. Till now I have not found another restaurant that serves better viet food than this in Singapore, it's a bonus that their prices are reasonable too.

We also like their casual easy going and unpretentious atmosphere.

My all time fav dishes are their pho with sliced beef and beef balls (I absolutely love their soup base), any of their salads, spring rolls, bun (rice vermicelli) with grilled chicken, penny wort drink (very refreshing drink but only for the adventurous), their combo sets are fantastic too.... mmm... just talking about them makes me want to make a trip down right this minute…

I definitely recommend this place big time!
Pho with sliced beef and beef balls, grilled chicken
Recommended for
Supper, Lunch, Dinner, Healthy Eating, Take Away, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Business Dining, Corporate Events, Girls Night Out, After Work, Chillout, Hidden Find, Wine Lists, Live Band
    The management of The Orange Lantern responded to this review:
    20 Apr 2009
    Dear Tobb,

Thank you for dining and reviewing at our restaurant. We are glad that you appreciate our hours of hard work everyday in providing our customers fresh and authentic Vietnamese cuisine at affordable prices.

All of us at The Orange Lantern Vietnamese Restaurant look forward to
    being of service to you again soon.

Yours Sincerely,