Review for The Orange Lantern (Harbourfront Centre)

3.2

AsianHalalIndochineseVietnamese
Address: #01-98, Harbourfront Centre, 1 Maritime Square, 099253
Overall

Great Vietnamese Food - a fan!

Being a Vietnamese by birth I have almost tried every viet food places that lasted long enough for us to make the trip down, the problem is not many of them lasted over the yrs and the few that lasted long enough, not many have we returned for a 2nd visit.

I’ve been a fan of The Orange Lantern from day one (their first outlet at Killiney Rd where we happened to spot local celebrities on a few occasions too) and remained a fan over the yrs. We now frequent their harbourfront outlet because it's more convenient for us but we still go back to Killiney when we happens to be in Orchard areas. Till now I have not found another restaurant that serves better viet food than this in Singapore, it's a bonus that their prices are reasonable too.

We also like their casual easy going and unpretentious atmosphere.

My all time fav dishes are their pho with sliced beef and beef balls (I absolutely love their soup base), any of their salads, spring rolls, bun (rice vermicelli) with grilled chicken, penny wort drink (very refreshing drink but only for the adventurous), their combo sets are fantastic too.... mmm... just talking about them makes me want to make a trip down right this minute…

I definitely recommend this place big time!
Pho with sliced beef and beef balls, grilled chicken
The management of The Orange Lantern responded to this review:
20 Apr 2009
Dear Tobb,

Thank you for dining and reviewing at our restaurant. We are glad that you appreciate our hours of hard work everyday in providing our customers fresh and authentic Vietnamese cuisine at affordable prices.

All of us at The Orange Lantern Vietnamese Restaurant look forward to
being of service to you again soon.

Yours Sincerely,
Steven

More reviews of The Orange Lantern

family & friends dine in

Nice dine in with family & friends always recommend The Orange Lantern our first choice with great value of good food especially for the special beef noodle soup, imperial roll, avocado shake & more on the menu are nice.Will planning & organize again.

Recommend The Orange Lantern Habourfront

I'll introduce this restaurant to my family & friends to dine in to The Orange Lantern Harbourfront,the food there is great & with positive service.Is a must to try the special beef or chicken noodle soup,the grilled chicken chop with rice,the beef stew with rice noodle & tomato paste, the appetizers specially recommend are the Vietnamese imperial roll,fresh rice paper rolls, minced chicken on lemongrass sticks & the grilled squid stuffed with minced chicken and more.
For the breverages, please try the vietnamese coffee, lemongrass tea with honey,avocado shake etc.

enjoying so much

the smell and taste of food make me crazy, the mouth is watering to see the food display...have to try it and enjoy. I love it :)

Nice Vietnamese food

I have patronised this outlet several times last year, and I like the food everytime. The food are not overly salty, and I especially like their cripsy spring rolls. You gotta to try it to believe it.

However, the prices is a tad pricy, so be careful that you don't get too carried away ordering the beef noodles and then the other appetisers to go with it.

Must try the beef noodles, and chicken noodles and also the spring roll.
Overall

Great vietnamese food! Very authentic! Must try!

Enjoy the pho at this cosy restuarant. It's one of the more authentic one that I had in Singapore in comparsion to ones in Vietnam.

Receive great service from the staff. Very attentive.

Will definitely come back again!