Reviews for The Song Of India

AsianIndian
Hoongy !

Indian Delights

The Song of India provides a variety of Indian food that strives to cover as much of India as possible. In fact, they are currently running a buffet branch in which the theme changes on a regular basis to cover the different parts of India. However, instead of making multiple trips, one can cover India with their Journey Of India set ($95), which is something I would recommend.

A fine dining setting on Scotts Road, The Song of India has constantly been rated as a top fine dining Indian restaurant in Singapore, and it was with this in mind that I decided to pick the place for a special birthday celebration.

The Journey of India set starts with a chicken soup, the dish is of North Indian influence in which it is slightly creamy and not spicy. One thing that can look a little misleading is the temperature. On my first sip, I scalded my tongue as it did not look hot at all.

Moving on, the starter were well marinated pieces of tandoori chicken and salmon. Rich and tasty.

I also added a starter of Tandoori Khumb ($23), which consisted of juicy mushrooms baked in cheese.

After a very citrus palette cleanser, the main course was a set of tasting portions consisting of mutton, daal, prawn, palek paneer and curry chicken. I found the mutton a little tough but the prawn was really fresh and succulent. I also enjoyed the palek panner as it had a nice subtle herb after taste to it. The chicken would go well with someone looking for something more hearty.I also liked the saffron rice, which is executed well so that it does not have a strong oily finish. The best part is, I was informed that I could have unlimited portions of any of the dishes. Now that is a good deal so one would never have to leave hungry.

Desserts was an assortment of Indian sweets and a vanilla ice cream with spices. The restaurant was kind enough to provide a complementary chocolate cake to celebrate the birthday. All in all, dinner was a well executed, heavy food in a fine dining environment.

Appetisers to whet your appetite!
18 Mar 2014 • 156 reviews • 2 followers

Great Executive Lunch in a colonial bungalow along Scotts Road!

I was craving for a North Indian meal recently and I immediately thought of The Song of India. I have been here before and they have great lunches available - you can choose either buffet style, an executive set lunch or ala carte.

Going there, you can park next to the restaurant, and its free! Very convenient if you are driving.

As I didn't feel like eating a lot, I settled on the Executive Set Lunch instead. If you have a big appetite, go for the buffet... You wouldn't be disappointed with the range and quality.

Back to my executive set lunch... These were the highlights:
- Appetisers: Baby
06 Feb 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Delicious Indian cuisine !

I Had a dinner With My office friends , we had the set dinner , it was nice and tasty , personaly enjoyed most of it , nice decent eXperience  we had ,overall service and staff were very attentive , good service too
27 Dec 2013 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

place sucks!

The wait staffs and the foos there suck big time! Wait staffs were rude and unattentive! Knowledge wise on the menu were a total disgrace! Not reliable! Not worth your money and time to dine there! LOUSY PLACE of so called fine dining! Thumbs down!