Reviews for The Song Of India

AsianIndian
Hoongy !

Indian Delights

The Song of India provides a variety of Indian food that strives to cover as much of India as possible. In fact, they are currently running a buffet branch in which the theme changes on a regular basis to cover the different parts of India. However, instead of making multiple trips, one can cover India with their Journey Of India set ($95), which is something I would recommend.

A fine dining setting on Scotts Road, The Song of India has constantly been rated as a top fine dining Indian restaurant in Singapore, and it was with this in mind that I decided to pick the place for a special birthday celebration.

The Journey of India set starts with a chicken soup, the dish is of North Indian influence in which it is slightly creamy and not spicy. One thing that can look a little misleading is the temperature. On my first sip, I scalded my tongue as it did not look hot at all.

Moving on, the starter were well marinated pieces of tandoori chicken and salmon. Rich and tasty.

I also added a starter of Tandoori Khumb ($23), which consisted of juicy mushrooms baked in cheese.

After a very citrus palette cleanser, the main course was a set of tasting portions consisting of mutton, daal, prawn, palek paneer and curry chicken. I found the mutton a little tough but the prawn was really fresh and succulent. I also enjoyed the palek panner as it had a nice subtle herb after taste to it. The chicken would go well with someone looking for something more hearty.I also liked the saffron rice, which is executed well so that it does not have a strong oily finish. The best part is, I was informed that I could have unlimited portions of any of the dishes. Now that is a good deal so one would never have to leave hungry.

Desserts was an assortment of Indian sweets and a vanilla ice cream with spices. The restaurant was kind enough to provide a complementary chocolate cake to celebrate the birthday. All in all, dinner was a well executed, heavy food in a fine dining environment.

05 Dec 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Not a great place. The Lunch Buffet is really not worth its price.

We had the lunch buffet couple of times at this place. Both the times the food was below expectations. The starters are served on the table and you have to wait a significant amount of time for them to be served. They came in late and by the time my guests had already started on the main course. The starters served were not enough and we asked them to refill, they again took long time to come back. We had to remind them couple of times to get it. By the time my friends were already done with starters and were on the main course. The food was also not good. my number is 96422421.
Appetisers to whet your appetite!
18 Mar 2014 • 172 reviews • 2 followers

Great Executive Lunch in a colonial bungalow along Scotts Road!

I was craving for a North Indian meal recently and I immediately thought of The Song of India. I have been here before and they have great lunches available - you can choose either buffet style, an executive set lunch or ala carte.

Going there, you can park next to the restaurant, and its free! Very convenient if you are driving.

As I didn't feel like eating a lot, I settled on the Executive Set Lunch instead. If you have a big appetite, go for the buffet... You wouldn't be disappointed with the range and quality.

Back to my executive set lunch... These were the highlights:
- Appetisers: Baby potatoes and Chicken tikka - Both were nicely done, and the chicken was juicy and succulent.
- The main course: The mains were served together on a special glass plate. I loved the Goan fish curry, Saag Paneer, Dhaal, served with rice. There were also lotus root chips served on the side that added a nice touch to the meal.
- Naans - The naans were baked to order, and it came piping hot to your table. Absolutely fresh and delicious.
- Dessert: The restaurant served up different desserts on a plate, which included fresh fruits, Carrot Pastry, Indian Sweet and a special Indian Ice cream that is made inhouse. The desserts were excellent!

I would definitely recommend you to try the executive set lunch at least once.
06 Feb 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Delicious Indian cuisine !

I Had a dinner With My office friends , we had the set dinner , it was nice and tasty , personaly enjoyed most of it , nice decent eXperience  we had ,overall service and staff were very attentive , good service too