Review for The Song Of India

AsianIndian
howinston • 18 Mar 2014 • 172 Reviews • 2 Followers

Great Executive Lunch in a colonial bungalow along Scotts Road!

I was craving for a North Indian meal recently and I immediately thought of The Song of India. I have been here before and they have great lunches available - you can choose either buffet style, an executive set lunch or ala carte.

Going there, you can park next to the restaurant, and its free! Very convenient if you are driving.

As I didn't feel like eating a lot, I settled on the Executive Set Lunch instead. If you have a big appetite, go for the buffet... You wouldn't be disappointed with the range and quality.

Back to my executive set lunch... These were the highlights:
- Appetisers: Baby potatoes and Chicken tikka - Both were nicely done, and the chicken was juicy and succulent.
- The main course: The mains were served together on a special glass plate. I loved the Goan fish curry, Saag Paneer, Dhaal, served with rice. There were also lotus root chips served on the side that added a nice touch to the meal.
- Naans - The naans were baked to order, and it came piping hot to your table. Absolutely fresh and delicious.
- Dessert: The restaurant served up different desserts on a plate, which included fresh fruits, Carrot Pastry, Indian Sweet and a special Indian Ice cream that is made inhouse. The desserts were excellent!

I would definitely recommend you to try the executive set lunch at least once.
Executive Set Lunch
Recommended for
Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Business Dining, Dinner, Lunch
Overall
  • Appetisers to whet your appetite!
  • The Executive Set Lunch - The best dishes on a plate!
  • Yummy Naans!
  • Delectable desserts to end your meal!