Summary

Service3
naan, Chicken tandoor Palak Paneer, 3 course meal lunch, lunch buffet, gilafi seekh, lamb tandoori, Hyderabadi mirch ka salon, Nalli ghosht, Seafood, chicken tikka, lamb kebabs, prawn starters, roomali roti, sufiyani biryani, tandoori roti, Alphonso Mango Kulfi (Home-made Indian Ice Cream), Executive Set Lunch, Naans (Saffron-sesame, Garlic and Plain), Saffron rice, Goan fish, cheese with spinach, butter chicken, dhal tadka, Ginger, Tandoor Creamy Chicken, Their Journey Thru India Set Menu, Tomato coriander soup, carrot halwa, chats, dal makhnai, mixed vegetable puree, moily lobster, paneer taka tak, prawn tandoori, saffron rice, set dinner, smoked eggplant puree with garlic, truffle naan, veg platter View all
Dinner, Quiet, Business Dining, Lunch, Private Dining, Fine Dining, Wine Lists, Romance/First Dates, Corporate Events, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, After Work, Vegetarians, Children/Family, Buffet, View/Scenery, Anniversary, Brunch, Healthy Eating, Live Band, Chillout, Large Groups/Gathering, Weddings, Ala Carte, Birthdays, Girls Night Out, Hidden Find View all

Delicious Indian cuisine !

I Had a dinner With My office friends , we had the set dinner , it was nice and tasty , personaly enjoyed most of it , nice decent eXperience  we had ,overall service and staff were very attentive , good service too

Most helpful reviews for The Song Of India

Great Executive Lunch in a colonial bungalow along Scotts Road!

I was craving for a North Indian meal recently and I immediately thought of The Song of India. I have been here before and they have great lunches available - you can choose either buffet style, an executive set lunch or ala carte.

Going there, you can park next to the restaurant, and its free! Very convenient if you are driving.

As I didn't feel like eating a lot, I settled on the Executive Set Lunch instead. If you have a big appetite, go for the buffet... You wouldn't be disappointed with the range and quality.

Back to my executive set lunch... These were the highlights:
- Appetisers: Baby potatoes and Chicken tikka - Both were nicely done, and the chicken was juicy and succulent.
- The main course: The mains were served together on a special glass plate. I loved the Goan fish curry, Saag Paneer, Dhaal, served with rice. There were also lotus root chips served on the side that added a nice touch to the meal.
- Naans - The naans were baked to order, and it came piping hot to your table. Absolutely fresh and delicious.
- Dessert: The restaurant served up different desserts on a plate, which included fresh fruits, Carrot Pastry, Indian Sweet and a special Indian Ice cream that is made inhouse. The desserts were excellent!

I would definitely recommend you to try the executive set lunch at least once.

Fine Indian Dining along Scotts Road

Located along Scotts Road, you will find a row of old colonial black and white bungalows. One of them house the North Indian restaurant – The Song of India.

There are two menus available for lunch. You can opt for The Gourmet Set Lunch ($45++) and Lunch buffet ($29.90++)

I decided to go for the Gourmet Set Lunch.

The items included

- Soup of the day (a lightly spicy tomato coriander soup with toasted garlic on top – Delicious, the garlic gave the dish a good after-taste)

---    - Tandoor Creamy Chicken (Nicely marinated and succulent chicken)

-       - Tandoor grilled home-made Indian cottage cheese (Tastes like tofu)

-       - Trio of Tandoor Basil Chicken, Salmon with caviar, Lamb Seet Kebab (Salmon was very nice with the touch of caviar)

-       - Saffron rice, Goan fish, cheese with spinach, butter chicken, dhal tadka, Ginger lamb curry, with a shotglass of mango lassi (The lassi is to cleanse the palate, when trying out the different curries)

The staff were attentive. My server was Prasan, who continually comes around to explain the individual dishes and to check if we needed anything else. He served the breads (Plain naan, garlic and butter naan, and roti) once we started our main courses, which went well with their curries. He highlighted that this is so the breads are served hot (and fresh out of the oven), which will otherwise go cold quickly in an air-con environment. The manager, Mr Mohan also came by our table several times during the meal to ensure everything was alright.

We had a couple of desserts. One of my favorites was the Gulab Jamon (I always benchmark the quality of an Indian restaurant with their desserts). The Gulab Jamon was one of the best I have tasted, with a soft insides and syrup flavored with saffron. Another highlight was White chocolate wheat kheer (a sweet dessert that tastes like condensed milk and fine oats)

Alphonso Mango Kulfi (Home-made Indian Ice Cream). The executive chef makes this with specially-imported mangoes from India. This was good.

Ended the meal with a cup of freshly-made masala tea.

A great dining experience and will be back again.

A wonderful lunch place for North Indian food

We had heard from our Indian friends about the superb food served at Song of India and most had commented that it's pricey.  We chanced on their advertisement banner in front of the restaurant and arranged for lunch with friends.

It's a comfortable place for lunch because of the environment,  the seats, tables set apart,  and the FREE parking next door.  We had a three hour lunch and paid ZERO for parking.  No hassle and no car park for ladies.  I had parked at Hyatt for high tea one day and it cost me more than the cost of the tea.

The food is served buffet style and it is mainly vegetarian and chicken.  Lamb lovers stay out of here.  It a set price of $19.90 per head,  it comes out to about $25 per head including all the taxes.  The buffet is a complete meal.

There are two areas set aside for food service,  all daintily laid out and plated in heated servings dishes.  One area is right in front of the tandoor and that is where the delicious naan bread is made.  Straight from the tandoor to the serving plate.  The tandoori chicken is also heated up in the tandoor and served piping hot (you need to time when to collect it after you order the food).  Delicious tandoori chicken, made from fresh chicken seasoned with a delicious yoghurt/spice coating.  Best I've had in some time.  There was a chicken curry, tasty to and 2-3 vegeterian dishes.  A unique dish this time is the sweet corn with paneer (mushed up spinach).  A dahl curry,  fish curry (I did not like the fish as I think it's dory - Vietnam catfish).  On the right, there was a server containing white oiled rice and the chicken bryani.  You can also help yourself to the papadum on the right.

A unique soup was also prepared, a bit sour with vegetables.  Unsure of the name.

Left of the tandoor are the starter and dessert points.  We had a mixed vegetable salad,  a yoghurt mix and potato veg dish.

After all this we had fresh fruits,  and a carrot mash with spices and sugar which was quite interesting.   Pity there wasn't coffee or masala tea to finish off the meal.

We had a lovely time eating slowly and chatting away without a care in the world.  The deliciously prepared food relaxed us and allowed us to renew our freindship.

I wonder when this promo will end !

Lates:  The same offer of the lunch buffet is available for 2013 CNY  Monday, Tuesday (2nd n 3rd day).  See you there since most Chinese shops are closed !

Best of Indian cuisine

I booked this place after reviewing the comments made by a few users below. Trust me it was an awesome experience. The food was made very beautifully and ambience of this place is ideal for small gatherings. I have tasted the best of Indian food. The food is very carefully made and it leaves me very less reasons to complain. Very impressive is the courteousness of the staff and their knowledge of the specialities.

Best Indian food so far

Having many choices in Singapore, having been to India as well, we found that this was the best indian food we have eaten so far. We also enjoyed the presentation, the extremely good service and the knowledge of the waiter. The ambience is wonderful and we are looking forward to go again. We were omnivores, vegetarian and vegan and we all were pleased beyond expectation . The amuse geule was a wonderful start into a journey through the varieties of Indian delights. Even so we were not able to eat a dessert, we got two "platest of samples" which delighted our foreign guests. I highly recommend this place for every occasion...just go and enjoy