Reviews for The Wine Company (Evans Road)

3.6

AsianLocalSingaporeanWesternWine
Address: #01-03, Evans Lodge, 26 Evans Road, 259367

would you like dessert with that?

What lovely ambience, wonderful wine list and gorgeous enters and mains. And then..... dessert ..... Saturday night 8pm, asked for the menu select our desert then told it's not available. "Ok we'll have the coconut jelly with gula melaka. Shortly after the waiter returns to say that also wasn't available. I'm sorry, this kind of incompetence I find unacceptable. You must, as a team, know what's on and off the menu in a restaurant. This isn't a hawker centre, even they know what's not available. Would I come back, yes, would I recommend others, yes, but don't come if you want to finish your meal with dessert, it's not guaranteed.
• 25 Apr 2015 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

would you like dessert with that?

• 13 Jan 2012 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

Nice place to chill with wine only

Overall
A nice place to hangout with your girls to chill with wine and desserts.Since it's called the Wine Company, they have a large variety of wine but the food was not up to our expectations. The main courses and appetisers are on the expensive side and certainly nothing impressive. The lobster bisque tasted a little too salty for my liking and the most-raved after chocolate molten lava cake is not comparable to the one I had at mount emily. Overall, it's still a nice cosy place to hangout and chill with wine.

• 11 Sep 2011 • 579 reviews • 20 followers

Food's not the best but generally fair and value-for-money

Overall
Read the full review at http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com

The food here is a mix of simple, uncluttered Italian fare and unfussy local favourites, in fairly large portions. The quality of the food is generally fair and value-for-money. So while the food here may not be the best, it definitely commiserates with the reasonably low prices.

We had:

1) Pepper Seared Tuna ($16) Firm pink fresh tuna encrusted with pepper and seared, with peppery rocket leaves accenting the dish and a drizzle of balsamic for flavour.

2) Chargrilled Vegetables ($12) with zucchini, mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes all grilled to a smoky perfection, and tossed with a smoky sweetish balsamic vinegar for some tang

3) Stewed Oxtail Pappardell ($19) was just alright, and could have done with a little more oxtail, but at the cost of only 19 bucks, there's little to complain. Oxtail was stewed real tender and robustly flavoured, and pasta was done al dente

4) Chicken Pesto Cream Penne ($14) with sauteed chicken and pinenuts in pesto sauce was ordinary, but fairly good and really cheap. I thought the addition of pinenuts was a nice touch

5) Prawn Linguine ($15) with pinenuts. This was done al dente, simple and uncomplicated