Summary

Baked Bun with BBQ Pork, Jade wonton in laksa soup, Pork Dumplings with Shrimp, Steamed Egg Cake, Beancurd Spring Roll with Shrimp, Beef balls, Prawn Dumplings, Soy bean skin with filling, Spinach dumplings View all
Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch View all

ok lar~~~~~~~~

If I have never try the Tim Ho Wan in HK its ok lar~~~~~~
But since I have, its really not that good as compare + the fact that it is more expensive.....
Will give it a pass unless I'm in HK

My full review:

Most helpful reviews for Tim Ho Wan (Westgate)

Overated, expensive

4 stars Michelin awards .
Can only say ang moh don't know how to eat dim sum.
Food is generally ok but not fantastic. Any local restaurant can easily win over with the food and service  and also the expensive price for the food .
I don't mind paying for more over service , but service is sucks.
Ask for a can of coke and decided to cancel it the next minute .
Ask for cancel , waiter says "I key in already"
Feeling a bit p*** , I told her , have I drank the coke ?

Went in a week day , not much crowd but die die want to squeeze the 2 of us with the other table when the whole restaurant is not even half empty .
You ever have this situation where staff is rude but you will still patronize the restaurant because of the delicious food . Not for this restaurant , will not visit again.

Super bad service!! NOT recommended at all!!

8 of us went to the restaurant, the waitress was rude & kept on rushing us to fininsh our food, clearing our dim sum plates.
The thing that 'impressed' me was the waitress asked to mix the fried spring roll with another fried shrimp beancurd as both left 1-2 pieces, before we could reply her, she already mixed the 2 dishes. They also mixed other dishes without our permission. They were rushing us, seems like we were not the customers.
Also, after we finished the dishes, they were checking whether we wanted to order any more dishes, we rejected her, the waitress immediately started to clear our plates & chopsticks.
Such service only make customers feel uncomfortable, such restaurant is not tradition 'yum cha' place. We finished our meal within 25 minutes.
Ths is not my first time in 'Tim Ho Wan', BUT this will be my last time to visit this outlet.

初嘗添好運。

我是一個從香港來的人。我带着期望的心情走進排隊的行列。除了帶人進去的年輕小姐對我不太禮貌之外,隊伍還算很快消失了。食物方面,還算OK的。如果說,你希望在輕鬆的環境下食東西,可能會有點令你失望。服務生快速的行動和忙碌的環境,令我想起香港酒樓的繁忙時間。最令我驚喜的,是獨特外型的叉燒包。(是炸的)可是我也希望看到傳統的叉燒包啊!最後,要是可以增多一點香港味道在食物裏,就更好了。謝謝!

TERRIBLE SERVICE, CRAMP PEOPLE UP LIKE SARDINE

Value 2| Ambience 1| Service 1

I went there on a Thurs Lunch where there was relatively little people with lots of empty seats.

I was immediately placed next like 15cm away from the neighboring customers next to me when there were like other seats available. I asked to be placed in a quieter corner and the waitress told me " its the same, we will pull out the seats if its only 2 person"

I tolerated until I was constantly knocked and nudged in my back by waiters servcing the neighboring customers. My wife was so angry that she threatened to leave the place and only then they finally compelled and change us to another area which was just as tight but less crowded than the 1st seating plan.

For your information. there was also an entire place cordoned off towards the inside of the resturant.

THE ONLY REASON THEY DID THAT WAS THEY WANTED TO GIVE CUSTOMERS THE IMPRESSION THAT BUSINESS IS GOOD BY PACKING EVERYONE NEAR THE ENTRANCE.

Food wise , its way overated. only the char siew polo buns were good. rest were overpriced and substandard.

One word of advice to pple who dun believe my words, if you wanna be seated comfortably, go in groups of 4 or TELL THEM YOU ARE FREAKING IN A GROUP of 3 even if you are just 1 or 2 person.

Disappointed

Tim Ho Wan; the outlet located at Westgate (Jurong East).  I have been here for two times and I would say the place is just not as good as it was being mentioned by many.  Probably, this place is only good in Hong Kong?  Anyway, I am usually there on a weekend, and the queue is always pretty long.  The food the serve is normal, and I really there other dim sum stall have better dim sum!  As for the price, I find it a little too expensive as well.