Back to Tim Ho Wan#01-29A/52, Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Road

People Watching3 votes

Dansen Teow
 • 14 Sep 2014 6 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Visited yesterday. Got in the queue and was given ordering sheet while waiting. Took about 15mins for a queue of around 20. Thats pretty fast for any standard. Their staffs are very well trained and efficient. 2 mins after handing them our order, drinks were served within the next min. Judging from the amount of orders that they are handling we were impressed that our food was served within 5 mins.

We ordered quite a lot as this is our first time. But it didnt turn out well. Firstly they serve too fast. Yes I know some might say I am being fussy. But we ordered 13 dishes and they served them almost all at once. The table are small and we had difficulties placing our food and ended stacking them. And because they serve so fast, our food turned cold and dry. Dim Sum were decent. But to be honest its not what we have been expecting from a Michelin Star restaurant. Har Kow and Siew Mai were below par. Yes the ingredients were fresh. But they lacked the wow! Only thing I like is the beancurd skin roll
and Char siew bun. I personally feels that Tung Lok and Imperial makes better Dim Sum.

We left the place asking eachother about the experience and we ananimously agreed that that will be our first and only time we will be there. Decent yes, but nothing spectacular. Nothing memorable...

Cheers!

Lepak With Yaops
 • 08 Sep 2014 91 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Finally got to taste this internally know dim sum brand! With fresh ingredients used for preparation daily, it is no surprise to have such tasty dim sum!

My fav. was the Baked Bun with BBQ Pork.

More pics and thoughts at http://lepakwithyaops.com/tim-ho-wan-添好运-1-michelin-star-dim-sum/

jjeess
 • 23 Aug 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
This is at the westgate outlet.

Sat down for barely 2 mins and a waitress came over and asked me for the order sheet (they have the diy thing). I said we're not done yet, and still she stuck out her hand and waited next to the table. Why is there a need to rush us?? Ok so maybe their plan is to rush people to order, eat, and leave so they can take in more customers. But 2 mins?? And need you stick your hand out, ready to snatch the paper at any moment? So intrusive.

Food came, asked for mayonnaise for the fried food and the reply (in mandarin) was "No no no we dont have. We dont have anything. Just use the sauce on the table." Indeed you dont. She could have said timhowan is adopting a different style, doesn't carry the usual sauces, etc, but her choice of answer was just plain blunt. I tried to ask other waitresses to see what the response was and everyone was just as rude.

Halfway throuh the meal, with food clearly still on the table, they were already asking if they could clear the dishes. Worse than a fast food resturant. At least at a fast food restaurant they let you eat in peace.

And to top it all, the food really didnt make up for the lack in service at all. Porridge- so salty. Its not century and salted egg porridge. It tasted like just pure salted egg. Shrimp dumpling - dry.

The entire experience was extremely distasteful. We ate in a hurry, and left with the intention to never go back.