Back to Tim Ho Wan#01-29A/52, Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Road

People Watching3 votes

chitownfatty
 • 27 Jul 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The line was long but we got our table for two within 5 minutes. They know how to turn their tables over very quickly and the food also came out fast and fresh. We ordered just a few items to just get a flavor and the items were all delicious. Our favorite was the BBQ pork bun. It was very different than the normal bao you get. These tasted like angel food cake...sweet and light. A definite must try item. Most items were $4-$5 so very reasonable. Due be aware that water is charged at $0.50 for a small glass. Overall a good meal.
Ala Carte, Breakfast, Cheap Eat/Budget, Lunch

Keen Chua
 • 24 Jul 2014 12 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Food is always consistently good, service is very fast with the wait staff being very attentive even when they're often having to multi-task, with several tables calling for their attention, and a long snaking queue outside the restaurant. Though not as good as the one in Hong Kong, that would be an unfair comparison. These folks take what they have and really make a good effort in delivering good, value-for-money, dim sum at dependable quality levels.

• 12 Jul 2014 313 reviews 86 followers
Overall
It is actually 4 different dishes that categorize under a theme.  When it was firstly opened, I already want to go in and try it out.  For one, the queue wasn't that long.  But it really put me off, it was because it was only allowed a group of company to go in and eat.  That was quite a long time period.

By the time, it was officially opened to the public.  No need to see, the queue was forming till the outside of the shopping mall.  I didn't go till many months later, less than 30 mins, I was able to get a table.  I ordered these dishes, and also 1 more dish - pandan leave sticky rice chicken.

The heavenly king, out of 4 dishes, I ate 3.  It is because, personally I don't like sponge cake without any whipped cream.  So my friend packed it away, and her feedback was soft and nice to eat.  As for the sticky rice, totally cannot make it.  To thnk that this shop is from Hong Kong, and got michelin star.

Most of friends who have been to Hong Kong, they preferred the authentic taste at there.  For me, I never even patron this eatery, when I was at Hong Kong.  There are so many delicious food to eat at Hong Kong.

I have been to the bedok mall branch, no queue at all.  But the food wasn't good as at Plaza Sin.

Must tries: baked bun with BBQ pork, pan-fried carrot cake

Dinner, Lunch