Reviews for Tim Ho Wan (Plaza Singapura) (添好运)

3.2

AsianCantoneseChineseDim SumHong Kong
Address: #01-29A/52, Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Road, 238839
07 Dec 2015

Casual Dinner

After movie, my friends and I decided on having some dim sum since where was no usual crowd at the Tim Ho Wan at Plaza Singapura.

The seats were quite cramped, perhaps due to the location of the place. We ordered quite a few dishes, such as the vermicelli roll, carrot cake, dumplings, etc. Food was served piping hot and fairly fast. Personally, I find the food quite good, especially the Baked Bun with BBQ Pork.

The only disappointing dish was the “Steamed Rice with Beef & Fried Egg”. Two of my friends ordered this dish and they commented that the beef tasted “weird”.

Baked char siew buns

More reviews of Tim Ho Wan

Never try so just try

Heard of alot of good comments of Tim Ho Wan from alot of people posting on facebook so thought of trying for the very first time.

Queued for awhile before able to go in.
My husband said ok since i wanna try out. The portions indeed are very small, cant really fill one's stomach and the prices are not cheap though.

Find the food wise are somehow over-rated. The services are rather fast but not so friendly.

We ordered few dishes . Definitely will not come back for more.

its ok

not possible to have this during normal working day's lunch nor during dinner. there is simply too many people wating to dine here. i tried the one in hong kong and it was delicious. however, the ones in singapore is only average. if there is not much queue, then why not. you should at least try once. but to dine regularly, for the price you pay. i feel its not worth it. you can eat sonewhere else. if you have yet to try their dim sum, you may try their all famous char siew bao. they have not bad deserts .
Overall

Does Ho (chi minh) want Dimsum from Dim Ho Wan?

if this gets one mich star, then crystal jade kitchen should get two, and imperial treasure congee and noodles three.

Hyped up Michelin star

This is an adapted review from my blog. Full review and more photos are available at:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Queuing up for a spot in the restaurant may take up to an hour especially during dining hours of a weekend. Tim Ho Wan does help alleviate any impatience by having stools readily available and having its staff manage the queue by taking orders right before your turn is up. On this they really do a good job compared to most other restaurants with a similarly length of waiting diners.

The main reason we came was because we expected a good dim sum spot but we were sad to say Tim Ho Wan fell short of our expectations. That is not to say they are bad. They offer a decent enough fare but nothing to scream about, and I had tasted dim sum that is done better. To their defense however, I did not try their Big 4, so I may missed some plus points for the restaurant.

Despite all that negative opinions, the casual diner in us still enjoy the basic dim sum dishes meeting the minimum standards of our finicky taste buds. In my opinion, Tim Ho Wan's fare is decent enough but not so much to get me into the queue for a second round. Trying their dishes only earned me the claim of ever dining in a Michelin star restaurant but not enough to satisfy my taste buds.