Back to To-gather Cafe#01-27, 84 Bedok North Street 4

Cheap Eat/Budget3 votes

• 20 Jul 2014 7 reviews 0 follower
Overall
This homely decorated cafe is great for chilling with friends and your loved ones! In fact, you won't have to burn a whole in your pocket to enjoy the not-so-bad quality food with such a great ambience and environment. I also recommend the Pandan Grilled Chicken Chop if you are a fan of coconut flavours!

The coconut sauce was quite creamy and it reminded me of Thai curry! (Not spicy as it's just the coconut cream) It was surprisingly a great and unique combination. The pineapple salsa bits made the dish more colourful but the taste did not really match. The grilled chicken is like any other standard quality but for $8.90, I thought it was pretty worth the price! Do not have any expectations for the fries though.

Read more at http://mons-diary.blogspot.sg/2014/07/food-review-to-gather-cafe-bedok-north.html

Must tries: Grilled Pandan Chicken Chop

• Pandan grilled Chicken Chop

phoody79
 • 29 Jun 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
The food is cheap because the ingredients are cheap. This is a wannabe hipster cafe. It tried too hard on the ambience to really be cool. They should invest more in the food And use quality produce instead of what to me tastes like a cheap supermarket ready meal. Apologies to the owners but I tried this place when it first opened and it was not good. After so many good reviews I needed to see if it was first week jitters and things improved. Nope. There was a 1 hour wait to get in the other night. Now I know why. I finished my meal before my friends even appeared. Of course with service like this there will be queues. It's probably a nice place for kids to go to. Just never my kids.

Princess J
 • 27 May 2014 374 reviews 13 followers
Overall
Was in the area and decided to pop in for a after-dinner thingie...

What struck me first was how beautifully put together (no pun intended) the cafe was designed and decorated. It is evident that the owners put a lot of themselves into this cafe! The theme of the cafe is simple and every small detail is aligned with the whole feel of the cafe. I can't explain well, you need to come and experience it for yourself. I was so moved by the cafe that I was inspired to (one day...far far later) own a cafe of my own and to have my own feel translated into the cafe.

Now to tell you a little more about the food. The desserts are actually quite good. Not sure if they make them on-site but it's good nevertheless. The drinks are no bad as well. All in all, a great place to just come and hang and talk and chill!

Must tries: Chocolate Lava Cake with Vanilla Gelato