Review for Togi Korean Restaurant

AsianKorean
Address: 11 Mosque Street, 059491
03 Aug 2014

Branch:Triple One. Afforidable, comfortable and nice

This is our first visit to Togi and we love how spacious and clean the place is! It is definitely affordable and being rookie at eating korean food, this place really got us sold.! Check out our experience here: http://geekyfoodies.blogspot.sg/
Stir Fried Glass Noodles

More reviews of Togi Korean Restaurant

Koreans eat there

Wanted to eat something Korean and after reading the good reviews here, I decided to check this out with my family in tow. We had: Pork Ribs Stew - it's a big pot of steaming stew that has vegetables and mushrooms in them. The waitress who served it would even proceed to remove the meat from the long rib bones for us. So every scope is just with really tender and flavourful pork meat and yummy soup. Excellent with some rice. Spicy Pig Trotters - it's a huge plate of pig trotters that's cut into chunks. I eat only the meaty bits and if you eat it with the lettuce leaves and garlic slices, it's wow wow wow! Not too spicy but has enough kick! Nice!! Bimbimbab - I've heard many people loving this rice combi so I ordered one with spicy pork to try. I'm won't order it again but I can see the draw of this dish. I guess it's not for me. Beef Gravy Soup - this has Korean vermicelli in it. Theirs is thicker than regular Chinese ones. The soup base is actually quite sweet and it really quite a nice dish. My girl loves it! Potato Pancake - this side dish is no side show! It's crispy and really tasty! My other girl loves it so much that she declared that when we return again, she is having 3, all by herself! I support her! Heh They served us 6 side dishes and they are: Kimchi - I don't like kimchi so no comments Potato Salad - theirs has raisins in them so it's kinda sweet. Theirs also has bits of nut and the overall taste is just great! Garlic Vege - it's simple fare of sauté green vege with garlic but it's so good! Spicy Ikan Bilis - it's sticky and a bit spicy and crunchy with white sesame seeds, how to go wrong? Peanuts - theirs is coated with this sticky black sauce that makes the taste interesting. Nice. Preserved Cucumber - it's refreshingly cold and crunchy too. Reminded me of our local acah. We couldn't finish all our food and the lady boss was happy to pack it for us. Many reviews complained of poor service but while service was not top notch, it's really quite ok. They gave us a 20% voucher for returning customers and we will be definitely be back to use it!
Overall

Not all food nice and bad service

We went to this restaurant in dinner time, when eating, they keep walking around our table and even foods not finished, they tried to clear our plate.. we have spent S$100 for 4 person but been chasing to pay the bill and leave so that they can serve more customers...pay so much but not even eat peacefully and dining less then 1hr..
Overall

Branch : Tripleone | Nice food but bad service.

okay, nice food. But very poor service, requested to change table and the waiter "talk/ask" a lot, kind of reluctant to clean the other table for us (we switch from the dark and dirty storage area to brighter and cleaner table nearer to balcony). One of the korean guy, i assume is the boss even spilled the tea all over the table while serving the drinks. no discount whatsoever. very bad service!

Probably the best 한식 in Singapore

Love that place. Everything is so authentic there: service is fast and good (just as it should be in Korean restaurant), food is excellent, and there is an atmosphere of that small family restaurant... After leaving Korea where I spent 1,5 year I tried to find the right place to get real Korean food with Korean service. Togi is the best outside of South Korea.
Overall

korean food that I wouldn't miss

came for lunch but I feel it's an overrated place. The food is expensive and the banchans (side dishes) are ones that I will never come back for. service was so so... not the slightest of smiles was offered. we ordered seafood tofu soup and the beef with glass noodles. Both were alright but probably because we were famished. They took more than 30min to serve but the place wasn't even busy. I would spend my money elsewhere for a much better meal.