Review for Togi Korean Restaurant

AsianKorean
Chubby Botak Koala • 12 Nov 2013 • 280 Reviews • 21 Followers

Authentic Korean Restaurant in Chinatown

For the full Chubby Botak Koala dining experience at Togi, click here:

Togi @ Temple Street is one of the early established Korean Restaurant owned and run by Korean owner. Located in the heritage shop houses along temple street, this restaurant has been serving authentic Korean food since 2008.   When it come to Korean food, it is Little Devil's ('LD') area of expertise. To be honest, if you ask me what cuisine do I want to eat, Korean is the last thing that come to my mind. Not to say that I don't enjoy Korean food. I like Korean BBQ and their beef soup. Other than that. I find the options are quite limited for me as I am not very keen on spicy food.   As it is only two of us, we decided to order simple dishes. LD's have Mul Naeng Myen (Cold Noodle with beef – $14.50) and Nan Ji Bok Um (Spicy Stir Fried Octopus – $25) as her octopus cravings got the better of her. For me, I had Dukbaegi Bulgogi (Beef Stew with mushroom and glass noodle - $15).   LD's cold noodle is very refreshing. The noodle is very springy (qq) and chewy. The cold clear beef soup with a dash of sourness from the vinegar is really appetizing. If you have this dish in the summer, it provide the cold comfort relieve from the hot weather. The sliced beef brisket is cooked to tender.   For the octopus, it is actually not that a mind blowing spiciness that you find in this dish. But more like a subtle combination of different spicy flavour. There are lots of ingredients in the dish such as green chilli, red chilli, onion, octopus and rice cakes to name a few. The octopus is actually very chewy and resilient to my liking, but as long as you avoid the chilli seed, you will be fine.   The beef stew tasted quite sweet because they use the same bulgogi marinate in the beef. The soup is quite robust with a slightly cloudy texture as the beef essence came out from the meat. The beef portion is very generous, and I suggest to have a bowl of rice to balance out the sweetness in this dish.   The restaurant is simply decorated and very bright. Space can be a luxury in this place and ventilation is not good. Expect to come out smells like the food you are eating, especially if you are having bbq meat. Service is friendly and efficient. Although the owner is Korean, none of the other service staff is Korean.   The restaurant is packed most of the time and during our meal we saw people queuing outside the restaurant waiting for their turn to savour the food here. The price is very reasonable. Overall, if you are really into Korean food, you must give this place a try. Hwanho and Gamsahabnida!!! Cheers and Thank you !!!
Mul Naeng Myen (Cold Noodle with beef), Nan Ji Bok Um (Spicy Stir Fried Octopus), Dukbaegi Bulgogi (Beef Stew with mushroom and glass noodle)
Recommended for
Ala Carte, BBQ, Dinner, Girls Night Out, Lunch, Vibrant/Noisy
Overall
  • The squeezy dining area
  • The unlimited side dishes
  • Mul Naeng Myen (Cold Noodle with beef)
  • Mul Naeng Myen (Cold Noodle with beef)
  • Nan Ji Bok Um (Spicy Stir Fried Octopus)
  • Dukbaegi Bulgogi (Beef Stew with mushroom and glass noodle)
  • Dukbaegi Bulgogi (Beef Stew with mushroom and glass noodle)