Reviews for TOMO Izakaya (Clarke Quay)

2.7

AsianJapaneseKorean
Address: #01-04, Clarke Quay, 3A River Valley Road, 179020

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

Ambience vs Quality

Full review: http://nkikichua.blogspot.sg/2015/02/tomo-izakaya-chinese-new-year-set-menu.html

Tried Tomo's curated Izayaka-inspired Chinese New Year set menu. I must say the ambience is really relax and cozy, that must be why there are always plenty of Japanese drinking there. They have really some interesting dishes but not all are of quality worthy. Such as their Unagi appears to be very rubbery and it's not one of the best I have tried in Singapore, probably it's not kept warm when served.

On the other hand, Salmon and White Meat Fish Yu Sheng is one of their innovation where it is stacked in layers. That is worth trying, something different from the usuals. My other favourite is Tenderly Braised Pork Soft Rib Bone with Japanese Rice Cake, super soft and the meat falls off the bone almost effortlessly. Oh the desserts is a must try! It's pretty close to the ones I had in Japan.
• 01 May 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Decent food.....Horrible service!

Overall
I was looking for a place to lunch after my meeting at Clarke Quay and I chanced upon TOMO Izakaya. They put up a large sign board '7 Course Set Lunch Bento Menu Consists of etc.....for $35++'
 As I thought the set sounded interesting, I decided to try the Set lunch. After being seated, I browsed through their menu and was trying to order the set that was advertised outside their restaurant. Instead, the staff showed me another set, same price but less items. I told the staff that I wanted the set that they advertised outside their shop. He replied 'Printing error, not available'.
 I told him that they should remove their signboard if they are not offering the set. He replied 'If you not happy, you can always not eat here'.

As I was in a hurry and needed to rush to my next meeting, I just ordered an ala carte item, Beef on rice. It was decent.

I do hope that the owner of the restaurant start to make improvements to the service soon.
 These are the kind of outlets that bring shame to Singapore....especially when it is located in Clarke Quay, a tourist spot.
• 18 Feb 2015 • 37 reviews • 0 follower

Ambience vs Quality

• 15 Feb 2015 • 98 reviews • 2 followers

ambience feels like japan

Overall
full review: http://www.jacqsowhat.com/2015/02/tomo-izakaya-2015-cny-set-menu-clarke.html

Came here to try out the chinese new year set menu, as well as the yu sheng tower. The appetizer includes simmered duck, unagi with cucumber, edamame, deep fried baby river prawn, marinated octopus wasabi. Simmered Duck - it was well marinated but unfortunately the meat were tough and dry during my session. Otherwise, it would definitely be prefect. Unagi with Cucumber - it sure looks good upon arriving on our table. The texture was a tad dry and rubbery, was quite a disappointing dish. Marinated Octopus Wasabi - rich in flavour and crunchy in every bite. for mains, braised Pork Soft Bone With Japanese Rice Cake - The texture of the meat were soft and falls off the bone and its combination with thinly sliced Japanese rice goes along well. Rather tasty, recommended dish!