Reviews for TOMO Izakaya (Clarke Quay)

2.8

AsianJapaneseKorean

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

Ambience vs Quality

Full review: http://nkikichua.blogspot.sg/2015/02/tomo-izakaya-chinese-new-year-set-menu.html

Tried Tomo's curated Izayaka-inspired Chinese New Year set menu. I must say the ambience is really relax and cozy, that must be why there are always plenty of Japanese drinking there. They have really some interesting dishes but not all are of quality worthy. Such as their Unagi appears to be very rubbery and it's not one of the best I have tried in Singapore, probably it's not kept warm when served.

On the other hand, Salmon and White Meat Fish Yu Sheng is one of their innovation where it is stacked in layers. That is worth trying, something different from the usuals. My other favourite is Tenderly Braised Pork Soft Rib Bone with Japanese Rice Cake, super soft and the meat falls off the bone almost effortlessly. Oh the desserts is a must try! It's pretty close to the ones I had in Japan.
• 18 Feb 2015 • 31 reviews • 0 follower

Ambience vs Quality

• 15 Feb 2015 • 73 reviews • 2 followers

ambience feels like japan

Overall
full review: http://www.jacqsowhat.com/2015/02/tomo-izakaya-2015-cny-set-menu-clarke.html

Came here to try out the chinese new year set menu, as well as the yu sheng tower. The appetizer includes simmered duck, unagi with cucumber, edamame, deep fried baby river prawn, marinated octopus wasabi. Simmered Duck - it was well marinated but unfortunately the meat were tough and dry during my session. Otherwise, it would definitely be prefect. Unagi with Cucumber - it sure looks good upon arriving on our table. The texture was a tad dry and rubbery, was quite a disappointing dish. Marinated Octopus Wasabi - rich in flavour and crunchy in every bite. for mains, braised Pork Soft Bone With Japanese Rice Cake - The texture of the meat were soft and falls off the bone and its combination with thinly sliced Japanese rice goes along well. Rather tasty, recommended dish!
• 14 Feb 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Worst service ever, food was ok

Overall
We gathered at Tomo for a quick drink and some snacks before dinner and was appalled at the extremelu lousy service.
Food was good, the beef tataki and chicken karaage was yums! However this being the first time we ordered beef tataki we didnt know it was 99% raw and asked if it could be cooked further. The server replied us with sarcasm "don't you know what a beef tataki is? It's a cold dish" and left us there. Sigh, and this wasn't the only instance.

there no smiles and a consistent lack of politeness, and we were even asked "are you ordering anything or not?". We were just there for snacks and some casual drinks, and we truly did not deserve any bad attitudes. My frienda and I decided not to order any more drinks, and left. And as good as the food was, we won't be back ever.

Such a sad experience...