Summary

Soki Nitsuke (Stewed Pork), Maccha Warabi Mochi, sashimi, Asari Misoshiru, Oden, beef sashimi with lime, butaniku (pork) dishes... View all
After Work, Dinner, Chillout, Live Band, Vibrant/Noisy, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Business Dining, Supper, Children/Family, Private Dining, Ala Carte, Birthdays, Girls Night Out, People Watching, Waterfront View all

Good service

Yes service is good. Ambience is good. We went there for drinks during happy hour. One glass is $5.50

Most helpful reviews for TOMO Izakaya (Clarke Quay)

go there for mediocre and expensive food with ok ambience

Went on a Friday evening. Ordered sashimi and some maki to start while waiting for the rest of the group to some. The sashimi is not thawed properly and the replacement is not much better. Decided to venture elsewhere so not to spoil the night. Price is pretty steep for the quality. Will not go back again ever!

Service & ambience ok, but food is not worthy

For details, please visit http://foodesteem.blogspot.sg/2013/08/tomo-izakaya.html

Spacious place, and able to opt for tatami seats, it also has live band on certain days.

They have a wide selection for food and drinks. But if you are looking at noodles and rice, it is no more than two full pages.

Miso Nikomi Udon ($15.50). Soup is not too salty, and udon is cooked just nice. Salmon Sushi ($8.00) with a little wasabi in it.

Wakadori Sansyou Yaki ($14.50). Grilled chicken with Japanese sansyou pepper, that comes with somewhat taste like mashed potato. Shitake Mentai Cheese ($7.50). Despite having cheese on top, it isn't cheesy though.

Tsukune Teriyaki ($6.50). Compared with Tori-Q, I would actually prefer the latter, as their meat ball is too mushy.

Generally, their food are ok, but lacking of the "yummy" factor. The food is not worth the value, in my opinion.

horrible experience

I went there last weekend with two of my friends. We had nearly nothing and spent sgd 150. The salmon was not fresh. Waiters are not friendly. They will never reply your "thanks" after refilling your cup and they know only showing their d**k faces. Terrible place and i will NEVER go again.

The management of TOMO Izakaya (Clarke Quay) responded to this review:
17 Sep 2013
Hi Xiaodong Liu , Your review has been noted. Thanks you very much. Appreciated if you can provide us with more details on you visit ( eg : date , time , ordered food ) for investigation purpose. We will look into areas of improvement based on your feedback. Thank you very much.

NO more

I am always intrigued by the crowd in Tomo Izakaya and thought hmmm there must be something that I am missing so the chance is finally here.

Seaweed Salad - Can't recall name of salad but this is my favourite, main ingredient is seaweed

Smoked Duck Appertizer - Do not order this! It's like dried smoked duck that is steamed.  Meat is dry and almost tasteless

Cha Soba - Nothing to talk about

Mushroom rolled with Pork Belly - If only pork belly was thinner, it would be better. One of the better dish

Sashimi Moriwase - Hubby is particular bout freshness, he didn't even mention his sashimi the whole nite

Asparagus wrapped with Bacon - Hubby said mine is better

Chicken with leek - Not too much taste but chicken was pretty tender

Scallop wrapped with Bacon - Mild tasting, pretty ok for me

Miso Soup - Strong mushroom taste and pretty blande

I wasn't too thrill about paying for my food cos I seriously didn't enjoy anything except 2 dishes :( In other words, we will never bother going there ever again & I seriously doubt the ppl who are in love with their food.

Expensive food with horrible service and super long waiting time

Was looking on a place to have a nice dinner wif my gf on valentines day where we found Tomo. Place looked inviting and waiters looked enthusiastic when we went in, but MAN.... it was a mistake.......

We ordered a 40 dollars sushi platter which never came. We waited for that expensive platter for 1 hour... asked the waiter afew times and they told us it will come in 5 minutes...... we waited for another 10 minutes and it still didnt come. I asked for the manager to come and he didnt even know which dishes were served. So we decided to leave. The manager didnt even dare to face us when we asked for the bill.... and he ask his "kah kia" to come and handle the situation. The thing is the table next to ours and behind us didnt get their orders as well and im amazed at how they are able to charge us service charge for their horrendous service.

Never make the same mistake as us, totally spoiled our valentine's day.