Summary

soki nitsuke, gyu tataki, teba gyoza, Dashimaki Tamago, Ton Shabu Salad, gyu nikomi, ochazuke, salmon teriyaki, Buta Kakuni Don, Ton-Syabu, Tori Karaage, special chirashi don, tsukune View all
Dinner, After Work, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Chillout, Lunch, Large Groups/Gathering, People Watching, Waterfront, Buffet, Children/Family, Boys Night Out, Business Dining, Live Band, Supper, Vibrant/Noisy, View/Scenery, Birthdays, Girls Night Out, Quiet View all

Definitely will return!!!

Chance upon this restaurant between Harry's & Barossa. As it was a Saturday night it was super busy. We were lucky to get a table outside near the entrance, eventhough they were full. It was 9ish at that time and many patrons was from the show i assume as I was from watching the show too.

It took a while for our orders to be taken as I guess there was only 3 staff working and they were everywhere doing many things. But when it was our turned to order, the lady was friendly and what amazed us is eventhough we had many request, as I could be very fussy at times, and it took sometime to be sent, she didnt forget. Not forgetting the 2 male staff who were friendly and approachable.

The menu has many different varieties, so we ordered a California Maki, Kinoko Salad, Garlic Fried Rice, Tori Karaage and Soft Shell Crab Maki.

To make our night better we got free beer since we are ticket holders, even though there was a condition that we had to spend minimum $15 per ticket for 1 free beer. But hey what is $15 when you could get a glass of beer worth $10.

The food did took some time to arrived but we were informed before hand. When the food arrived, it did pleased my taste buds and it was acceptable. Im in love with their Tori Karaage.Wonder what special recipe they use??

Anyway, overall I would definitely come back, service was great and it was definitely a night to remember.

Kudos to the team!!

Most helpful reviews for TOMO Izakaya (Esplanade)

I will NEVER return to this place

Extremely rude and unresponsive service staff. Literally had to walk up to the bar counter every time I needed something. And as if that's not good enough service for the VIP staff, one waiter who was there gave me a quick glance and turned away to chat with another staff behind the counter. I asked him for the bill and it never came. I walked to the bar counter again to ask for the bill and it was eventually plonked on my table and the staff walked off!

Having been there twice within a week spending about $150 each time, I feel shortchanged especially when service charge on each occasion would have amounted to $15.

Consumers should stand and up for our rights and avoid restaurants with bad service.

Service Attitude needs to be improved

service standard could be improved. Took a long time to get the attention of the waiters/ waitresses. The attitude of the outdoor manager could certainly be looked into.

Valentine Special Promotion. Free Giveaway .

At Tomo Izakaya , we have tender texture and fresh flavor Boston Lobster ( LIVE ! ) Promotion for this upcoming Valentine. Let's us know how you like it cooked ? Salad ? Hotpot or Grilled. It definetely will leave you clawing for more.

Complimentary 1 Bottle of Sweet and Refreshing 花泡香 Hana AwaKa Sparkling Sake (250ml) with every purchasing of Lobster.

Quote " Lobster + Sparkling Sake " in your reservation.

Clarke Quay ( A , #01-04 )- Tel : 6333 0100
Esplanade Mall ( #01-09 ) - Tel : 6333 0012

Be prepared to wait 40 minutes for your food

See full review with pictures here.

We headed here for dinner right before an SSO concert. Since we were coming after work, we only had about an hour to choke down our dinner before heading to the concert hall. Now this restaurant is in the Esplanade itself, so one would expect it to be used to customers having to finish their meal before 7:30pm and be able to handle the rush.   But no, this place said that nearly anything that required grilling (we’re talking about yakitori, kushiyaki, gindara saikyoyaki, literally half the menu) would take at least 30-40 minutes to prepare. Zomg! Is this reasonable? Why would the esplanade rent the restaurant space out to a restaurant that takes eons to cook your food? Does it expect to not serve a single concert/theatre-goer?   So I had to nix the long list of things I was intending to order and go for quick items, such as the onsen tamago, which was served cold.    We also had some tamago sushi (my favorite) – the combination of sweet egg and vinegared rice was perfect   L’s dad had the shishamo, or pregnant smelt fish, but he was happy with it.  We also had agedashi tofu which was average. I quite liked their house salad with yakiniku pork and a creamy sesame salad dressing. The roe coated soft-shell crab sushi was barely average and the garlic fried rice was abysmal with no wok hei.   One of the waitresses knocked into the menu I was holding while serving something and didn’t bother apologising. Most of the waitstaff are surly and those that are not, are inattentive.   You can’t win with this place! Give it a miss.