Review for TOMO Izakaya (Esplanade)

AsianJapaneseKorean
DebbieLee • 13 Mar 2014 • 1 Review • 0 Follower

Definitely will return!!!

Chance upon this restaurant between Harry's & Barossa. As it was a Saturday night it was super busy. We were lucky to get a table outside near the entrance, eventhough they were full. It was 9ish at that time and many patrons was from the show i assume as I was from watching the show too.

It took a while for our orders to be taken as I guess there was only 3 staff working and they were everywhere doing many things. But when it was our turned to order, the lady was friendly and what amazed us is eventhough we had many request, as I could be very fussy at times, and it took sometime to be sent, she didnt forget. Not forgetting the 2 male staff who were friendly and approachable.

The menu has many different varieties, so we ordered a California Maki, Kinoko Salad, Garlic Fried Rice, Tori Karaage and Soft Shell Crab Maki.

To make our night better we got free beer since we are ticket holders, even though there was a condition that we had to spend minimum $15 per ticket for 1 free beer. But hey what is $15 when you could get a glass of beer worth $10.

The food did took some time to arrived but we were informed before hand. When the food arrived, it did pleased my taste buds and it was acceptable. Im in love with their Tori Karaage.Wonder what special recipe they use??

Anyway, overall I would definitely come back, service was great and it was definitely a night to remember.

Kudos to the team!!

Tori Karaage
Recommended for
Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Children/Family, Chillout, Dinner, Take Away, Vibrant/Noisy
Overall