Summary

Ambience3
Egg tarts, Coconut Tarts, egg cake, 蛋挞 + 鸡蛋糕 View all
Take Away, Cheap Eat/Budget View all

Egg Tarts: Smooth and silky filling!

I wouldn’t say that the egg tart is extra phenomenal and out of the world, however it definitely is worth the try if you’re big on flaky crusted egg tarts. Once again, a huge thumb up for Tong Heng when it comes to preserving the tradition, delicacies like this are getting harder to obtain by the minute. The egg tarts are also reasonably priced at $1.40 a piece, head down to the stall if you’re round the corner!

Visit http://ieatandeat.com/tong-heng-egg-tarts-%E4%B8%9C%E5%85%B4/ for the full review!

Most helpful reviews for Tong Heng Confectionery

Best egg tarts in Singapore

I have not eaten any egg tart that is better than the one I had here!

Wobbly egg custard encased in a thin flaky puff pastry. Eat there and have some red bean soup to go with it. The experience can't get more traditional than that (:

For photos of the egg tarts, visit:

www.oysterdiaries.com  (the post is under 'small bites')

Eggy Addiction

Food/Drink 4| Value 4

Tong Heng serve the best egg tarts in Singapore(IMO).

Nothing beat a warm comforting egg tart that's fresh from the oven after a good morning jog on sunday morning. I always looked forward to the soft and smooth custard and not forgetting the crispy pastry "cup". The way I normally eat it? Using a teaspoon, scooping the delicious treat and savor the melting moment of the custard.

The egg cake are "packed" with flour and I like the texture of it. Not too soft and not too tough, just right. Unlike some egg cakes that are very "sang", too light and not enough flour. For those who like it sweeter, can try the one with red bean paste. As for me, I will just go for the normal one without and I gladly pay 10cent lesser :)

Egg Tart - $1.30

Egg Cake - $1.20

Egg Cake w Red Bean Paste - $1.30

My usual orders will be 5 egg tart and 4 egg cake (2 w red bean paste and 2 plain)

Beside the usual egg tarts, egg cakes, they have other typical HK pastries like Lao Po Biscuit, Pi Dan Su, Siew Bao and many more.

Need traditional pastries for wedding or baby shower? Approach Tong Heng and everyone(you & your guests) will be delighted.

Will keep coming back for this addiction. Psst Psst, I've OD on the tarts and cakes for 2 weeks and I'm still looking forward to it.

My Preferred Egg Tart Specialist

Food/Drink 4| Value 3

After years of eating egg tarts, without considering the ones in Hong Kong, the best in Singapore (in my opinion) is from Tong Heng 东兴. When the egg tart is just out of the oven, the flaky pastry is crispy and the custard hot and soft. This is when I like to eat it as soon as it gets out of the oven. When you leave it too long, like all crispy pastries in humid weather, they all turn squishy after absorbing moisture from the air.

Apart from the egg tart 蛋挞, the "egg cake" 鸡蛋糕 is nice too. Both me and my wife have been eating both these favourites from Tong Heng. They also have the coconut egg tart and the lou po biscuit (wife's biscuit)

Tong Heng caters these traditional goodies for special occasions like baby showers and weddings too.

Cost : S$1.30/egg tart, S$1.40/coconut egg tart, S$1.20/egg cake

For photos and details see :

My Favorite Egg Tart

Food/Drink 4| Value 4| Service 3

Woah!!! No reviews??? I can't believe that there's NO review for this traditional chinese confectionary place which has been around for ???? i dunno??? older than me??? Are HGW reviewers so "banana" that they only eat western pastries and cakes??? Anyway! I'm Number 1 YEAH!!!! hahaha...

Right! getting back to the review. This is my favorite egg tart place as the tart is sweet, SMOOTH, SOFT and CUSTARD like, the pastry is between a flaky pastry and biscuit texture. I really Love it!! I the price of the egg tart is about S$1.20 while the coconut egg tart is about S$1.40. If u are the flaky pastry person this is not for u.

They got all sorts of traditional cakes and pastries, some are coconut egg tarts, old wife's biscuit, egg cake, and many others (check out the box, it's like a menu). My 2 favorites are egg tart and egg cake.

Check out the yummy photos, but pardon the way it looks as the box was squished in my back pack as i cycle.

Take the chance to visit club street as its behind the shop. Lots of classy eateries thats way beyong my budget but I still love to cycle through the area. It nostalgic for me as my grandpa used to stay here, and i remember how it used to be, eg. the wine shop used to be a funeral doll shop and how I was almost knock down by a motorbike while running across the road...well i have always been lucky (Thank God). So eat Tong Heng to be Heng Heng (Lucky). Hahahahahaha...

Everybody Heng arh!!!!