Back to Tong Heng Confectionery285 South Bridge Road

Cheap Eat/Budget4 votes

STARGIRL
 • 11 May 2010 90 reviews 6 followers
Overall
A craving for egg tarts hit me one morning. Desperate, I gave the one from my school canteen's drink stall a try, which (expectedly) fell short of my expectations.

No more risk-taking this time round- I went to Tong Heng to get my fix.

And as expected, I was not let down. I really liked this egg tart.

I'd never say no to soft, smooth egg custard. Especially when it's served warm and made even more delicious when coupled with an equally well-executed, flaky pastry base. Naturally, I gobbled down my Tong Heng egg tarts in a flash.

Tong Heng's egg cake is also a hot favorite. However, I don't quite fancy the variant of egg cake sold here. I'll save my stomach for more egg tarts!

Visit my blog for pictures and more reviews!

Must tries: Egg tarts

Cheap Eat/Budget, Take Away

rachel ong 124
 • 02 May 2010 6 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I have not eaten any egg tart that is better than the one I had here!

Wobbly egg custard encased in a thin flaky puff pastry. Eat there and have some red bean soup to go with it. The experience can't get more traditional than that (:

For photos of the egg tarts, visit:

www.oysterdiaries.com  (the post is under 'small bites')

Brunch, Take Away, Children/Family, Chillout, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, High Tea, People Watching, Breakfast

jjtomi
 • 12 Jan 2010 450 reviews 0 follower
Overall
After hearing so much about their famous egg tarts, I did not hesitate to buy some when I happened to pass by the shop and ate one on the spot. The tart was still warm, the pastry was crispy, the custard was smooth and soft but it was a little too sweet for my liking though..