Back to Tong Heng Confectionery285 South Bridge Road

Cheap Eat/Budget4 votes

ekimanna
 • 03 May 2009 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I have travelled to the ends of the world to look for egg tarts, this is the best so far !!! enjoy

White Fairy
 • 17 Nov 2008 64 reviews 15 followers
Overall
Tong Heng serve the best egg tarts in Singapore(IMO).

Nothing beat a warm comforting egg tart that's fresh from the oven after a good morning jog on sunday morning. I always looked forward to the soft and smooth custard and not forgetting the crispy pastry "cup". The way I normally eat it? Using a teaspoon, scooping the delicious treat and savor the melting moment of the custard.

The egg cake are "packed" with flour and I like the texture of it. Not too soft and not too tough, just right. Unlike some egg cakes that are very "sang", too light and not enough flour. For those who like it sweeter, can try the one with red bean paste. As for me, I will just go for the normal one without and I gladly pay 10cent lesser :)

Egg Tart - $1.30

Egg Cake - $1.20

Egg Cake w Red Bean Paste - $1.30

My usual orders will be 5 egg tart and 4 egg cake (2 w red bean paste and 2 plain)

Beside the usual egg tarts, egg cakes, they have other typical HK pastries like Lao Po Biscuit, Pi Dan Su, Siew Bao and many more.

Need traditional pastries for wedding or baby shower? Approach Tong Heng and everyone(you & your guests) will be delighted.

Will keep coming back for this addiction. Psst Psst, I've OD on the tarts and cakes for 2 weeks and I'm still looking forward to it.

Must tries: 蛋挞 + 鸡蛋糕

Cheap Eat/Budget, Take Away

Slurpeeeee
 • 24 Oct 2008 181 reviews 12 followers
Overall
After years of eating egg tarts, without considering the ones in Hong Kong, the best in Singapore (in my opinion) is from Tong Heng 东兴. When the egg tart is just out of the oven, the flaky pastry is crispy and the custard hot and soft. This is when I like to eat it as soon as it gets out of the oven. When you leave it too long, like all crispy pastries in humid weather, they all turn squishy after absorbing moisture from the air.

Apart from the egg tart 蛋挞, the "egg cake" 鸡蛋糕 is nice too. Both me and my wife have been eating both these favourites from Tong Heng. They also have the coconut egg tart and the lou po biscuit (wife's biscuit)

Tong Heng caters these traditional goodies for special occasions like baby showers and weddings too.

Cost : S$1.30/egg tart, S$1.40/coconut egg tart, S$1.20/egg cake

For photos and details see :

Must tries: egg tart, egg cake

Cheap Eat/Budget, Take Away