Summary

Ambience3
Egg tarts, Coconut Tarts, egg cake, 蛋挞 + 鸡蛋糕 View all
Take Away, Cheap Eat/Budget View all

Nice pastries but service is bad

My mum visited the Tong Heng shop at Chinatown this afternoon and she was disappointed with the service. We have stopped patronising the shop for two years due to a previous bad experience with the service and today proved disappointing as well.

My mum wanted to look for nian gao but there was none and when the counter staff asked her what she wanted, she decided to buy two charsiew puffs. The counter lady's face turned black immediately, even though she was serving a tourist who was buying a cake cheerfully just moments before. My mum added two egg tarts to her order and the counter lady actually said, "Are you done? Can you place your orders at one go?"

She told my mum the puffs and tarts cost $5.40 and returned my mum $4.40 change (my mum paid $10). When my mum queried her about it, she was very rude and shouted that she had said it was $5.60. I am not sure how much the items really cost but even if it was a mistake on my mum's part, she could have nicely explained to my mum.

Tong Heng is an established brand and it's a pity such bad service exists in the shops. As for the pastries, the egg tarts are good - crispy, flaky pastry and soft, sweet egg custard. The charsiew puff pales in comparison given the filling tasted burnt.

If I have a craving for the egg tarts, I would probably opt for takeaway at another outlet! Given an average cost of $1.40, I think you can also get better value elsewhere.

Most helpful reviews for Tong Heng Confectionery

Egg Tarts: Smooth and silky filling!

I wouldn’t say that the egg tart is extra phenomenal and out of the world, however it definitely is worth the try if you’re big on flaky crusted egg tarts. Once again, a huge thumb up for Tong Heng when it comes to preserving the tradition, delicacies like this are getting harder to obtain by the minute. The egg tarts are also reasonably priced at $1.40 a piece, head down to the stall if you’re round the corner!

Visit http://ieatandeat.com/tong-heng-egg-tarts-%E4%B8%9C%E5%85%B4/ for the full review!

Best Egg Tarts in the WORLD

I have travelled to the ends of the world to look for egg tarts, this is the best so far !!! enjoy

Tong Heng Confectionery

I like the egg tarts very very much. Must go n try it out. Is not too wet or too dry just nice. Plus the pastry is crispy. Yes, is the best of the best. I really love it :P

Traditional Egg Tarts

This bakery has been aaround since my Grandma's time, so need I say more about the yum yum factor of their egg tarts? They have been increasing their prices steadily over the years and the size of the tart kinda shrink somehow though yum yum factor is just as good. Recommend tender loving care for takeaways - you don't want your tarts to end up to be one big tart when you are home. Minimum 5 pcs of tarts for takeaways in order to be packed in a box.

Coconut/Egg tart

A must try coconut/egg tart, just love this.