Summary

Rosu Katsu (pork loin), HIre Tonkatsu, Fried Oyster Set, Tonkatsu, set meals, Agedashi Tofu, Chawanmushi, Curry Katsu Set, Fried Pork Fillet / Oyster / Seafood...., Hire & rosu katsu set, Kamo Kunsei, black pig, black pork tonkatsu, katsudon, tori toji katsu View all
Dinner, Lunch, Children/Family, After Work, Large Groups/Gathering, Quiet, Vibrant/Noisy, Girls Night Out, Romance/First Dates, Boys Night Out, Business Dining View all

Craving for Tonkatsu: this is the place to go!

Simple venue and very yummy tonkatsu, especially the black pork one.

Perfect for a quick lunch in the week or at week-ends with friends, colleagues of family.

Can be busy and noisy.

Most helpful reviews for Tonkichi (Ngee Ann City)

Taka Tonkichi c*** Service

Went in at 2 30 pm on Thursday, placed my order and waited. 15 mins later, still no sign of my food OR tea. Called the manager, he said he'll check. Then comes the server asking about what I ordered. Apparently, she took my order then went to do something and totally forgot about my order! There was 1 other table besides me and they were already done with their meal. SERIOUSLY! I was sitting there for 15 mins in an almost empty restaurant. And NOBODY has the sense to check whether my order went through or if I even placed an order!! There were 3 servers, a manager just standing around. Complete waste of my time. Just stomped out of the place. Never going there again. If the service is like this at an off peak hour, imagine what it's like at peak times.

Incredible Delicious

Wow ,it is really oishi. I will take my friends going there again and enjoy this nice Japanese food. I love the style and service inside the shop. Since they have the special menu for every month, hope to enjoy it again.

Katsu!

Tonkichi is a place that I have only ever visited once in my life. It happened when my partner and I were shopping at ngee ann city and I had a pork cutlet craving. We chanced upon this place and decided to queue for a little while (about 10 mins or so) to get our dinner at this wonderful Japanese setting. This place is well known for us pork katsu (pork cutlet) but they do sell a variety of deep fried items as well. My partner and I ordered a set which consists of the standard pork cutlet as well as other ingredients like deep fried scallop and many more. The set comes with their traditional Japanese salad and dressing and rice which will complete the meal. I would certainly come back here again for another try at their food!

Good food & attentive staff

Tonkichi has always been my top choice whenever i have to dine in ngee ann city. they have always maintained the standards all these years. even though this is more like a sinful food as hire tonkatsu is deep fried, they provide you with a free flow of sliced cabbage and rice if you still have the space for more! each piece of fried item whether is it prawn, fish or oyster is evenly breaded and deep fried to perfection with not a single feeling of oilness! will defintely recommend it to friends and family !

Nice food and attentive staff

This is my 2nd time to this restaurant in Orchard Takashimaya Brunch. Had lunch on a Wednesday 15-July with my partner, we order a Rosu Katsu set meal (pork) with an additional bowl of soup (S$6), ala carte 1pc fish (S$5) and 1pc oyster (S$6). The fried pork is nice so is the oyster (have to eat it while is hot). Overall the taste is good (best fried pork I have eaten), the meat is not dry and is not oily. As a "lionstar member" (can registered on line) and my birthday month, we get a 20% discount. So is much worth it.