Review for Toots Brasserie

EuropeanFrench
melokumi • 26 Aug 2014 • 1 Review • 0 Follower

A Humble French Dinner

I would like to share my experience with Toots Brasserie. My fiancee and me spotted the restaurant 2 weeks ago when we casually have our Sunday walk around hotel sultan. Despite we already have lunch, my fiancee decided to walk in after seeing the menu outside the hotel. The chef , Jason, is very friendly, approaching us, and explain the menu,and offer us to make reservation anytime. Good first impression. He explain that people normally hesitate to go in, since it's a french restaurant, inside a hotel some more, but we're surprised that it's very affordable.

We decide to come back a week after, (my fiancee made reservation,) and both of us ordered Duck leg confit. While waiting , we were served bread and butter, and Jason introduced himself to us, and explain the menu. He even serve a small sample of duck rillet, which is very nice of him , for us while waiting the food.

The food is awesome, i totally enjoy the experience. What i like the most is the ambience and the mood. The music keeps playing Bossanova tunes and the dimmed lighting create a suitable mood. After the main course we decide to order Profiteroles au Chocolat : Homemade baked choux pastry with vanilla ice cream, roasted almond flakes and chocolate sauce.

I would like to give the food , value for money, and service two thumbs up, definitely, worth it to recommend.
Recommended for