Tung Lok Classics, part of the Tung Lok Group, offers a tantalising range of Shanghainese, Sichuan, Hubei and Cantonese dishes. An outlet is located at Orchard Parade Hotel along Tanglin Road.
Daily: 12:00 - 14:30
Daily: 18:30 - 22:30
Are you sure you want to delete this photo?
A BIG Thank You to the Tung Lok Signature staff for a very memorable finale to my mother’s birthday celebration.
The Chinese birthday buns (http://www.burufly.com/travel-and-food/photos/) were served on a giant plate with Birthday Wishes written in Chinese calligraphy on the plate (see photo). The server read the Birthday Wishes aloud with great gusto. It was totally unexpected and a very pleasant surprise.
The dishes that we enjoyed –
* Pan-fried Foie Gras with Smoked Duck and crispy bean strips served on Pancake – the Foie Gras was smooth and absolutely melted-in-your-mouth, with the crispy bean strips and soft pancake wrap providing interesting contrast in textures.
* Braised Noodle with Lobster in Superior Stock –juicy and succulent lobster was served on a bed of smooth noodles immersed in rich lobster soup stock, extremely enjoyable.
* Fried Carrot Cake – I must say that this is one of the best carrot cake that I have had. Texture of the carrot cake was soft and springy with a tinge of spiciness. Thumbs up round the table.
* Pan-Fried Turnip Cake with Taro Shreds likewise had great texture and was topped with yam strips that had been fried till crispy.
* For dessert, go for the rich and fragrant Durian with Dark Glutinous Rice and Ice Cream Served in Mini Coconut. Thoroughly enjoyed this very interesting concoction of flavours.
The steamed Eggplant and Kurobuta Pork with Black Bean Sauce featured braised Kurobuta pork slices nestled on very thinly sliced eggplant. This dish is best eaten with steamed rice.
The Har Gow (prawn dumpling) was succulent but the skin could be a tinge thinner. The Siew Mai (pork dumpling) had a somewhat porky taste.
I finally found a baked egg tart with flaky pastry and custard filling that is not too sweet. The complimentary fruit sorbet was refreshing and helped to clean the palate.
Overall, a meal made memorable by thoughtful acts by restaurant staff. We left the restaurant with our faces wreathed in smiles.