Reviews for Tung Lok Signatures (Central) (同乐经典)

Address: #02-88, Central, 6 Eu Tong Sen Street, 059817

Book a Table

Book NowFree, instantly confirmed.

+65 6884 6884
28 May 2015

A Relaxing Birthday Dinner

See my full reviews & photos at =

last evening, we had a birthday dinner for another close friend at tunglok signature @ central on 27.5.2015. ^^

i just had salts egg prawns & roast pork烧肉 at a 13pax RI friends G20 dinner at peach garden @ metropolis the evening before, and that was good too.

we can see from the photos that the presentation & colours of the 2 dishes at tunglok were better. taste-wise they were close – the roast pork烧肉 about same, the salted egg prawns maybe tunglok a tad better.

we had the deep-fried cod fillet that seemed to be salted egg flavoured also. it was a well executed dish, somewhat oily. not really a preferred preparation for me.

the same dentist friend & mei mei had a birthday dinner for me in 2013 here at this same tunglok outlet. we had star garoupa fillet with broccoli & lily bulbs & that was very good. of course for me, steamed fish is the best. haha!^^

we had the elegant 三层楼, which is a tunglok long standing dish of fried bean curd on spinach & shimeji mushrooms.

there was a newer dish of charcoal tofu with lily bulbs 百合.

both tofu dishes were very nice!

next was a string beans with egg plant. just mildly spicy (if any at all) & quite nicely done.

another dish was a bit unusual combination, some squash with japanese edamame & slightly sweet sauce. can’t figure out this dish.

as it was a birthday, the restaurant provided complimentary longevity buns 流沙寿桃.

they were  presented together with our own birthday cake, and handwritten “calligraphy” by a talented restaurant manager. haha!

the message changes according to occasions, so the guy must have a whole bookcase of them. haha!^

More reviews of Tung Lok Signatures

Don't border to go

If you think you're going to get a meal like what the website or menu suggests, you'll be sadly mistaken. the food is not well presented, not even close to what the menu shows, and the taste is even more disappointing. It seems like all their sauces are diluted store bought sauces, nothing your five year old can't whip up. Portions are minuscule, despite serving shriveled up lettuce leaves That was fit to be discarded Definitely not worth going.

Wife's Belated Birthday on 19Nov2014

See my full reviews & photos at =

my buddies organised a belated birthday dinner for my wife on 19.11.2014. :-)

the place was tunglok signature at central, the same place they did a birthday dinner to remember for me last year.

my friend’s god sister again pre-ordered the food. & she arranged the wine & cake too. :-)

we had the roast pork (烧肉), which was really excellent. skin was very crispy & the texture & taste was marvellous, & not too fatty.

the double boiled soup (炖汤) with sea whelk, black garlic & chicken was super too. this 1 of few soups that could match & better the very good lie tong (例汤) here. very sweet & tasty.

:-we had the spinach tofu (三层楼) with shimeji mushrooms & broccoli, which is another signature dish here. it was very good. :-)

next was a salted egg cod fish fillet. it was very well done. cod was very good. for me & also my wife though, the dish was deep-fried & even though it was done well & not very oily, it could not match the simple steamed cod with mui choy (梅菜)。

likewise wasabi mayo prawns was well done & nicely presented. it came with mangoes & salad.  presentation was superior to peach garden’s yuzu prawns. taste wise peach garden’s equally good. yuzu taste was great & dish better w/o the mayo.

there was a miscommunication with the server. we thought there were 7 dishes & waited for the noodles & dessert. but it turned out that friend’s god sister arranged 5 dishes & instructed the restaurant to take our orders for the carb & dessert.

anyway we were really full with the 5 dishes & there was also the birthday cake, so we decided to skip the carb & dessert. just as well! :-)

tunglok provided a complimentary salted egg longevity bun (流沙寿桃) & after signing the birthday song, the servers recited the the 生日快乐十全美 verses. service was excellent! they also provided complimentary star fruit juice. :-)

the cake was a nutty chocolate banana from swissbake. i liked the cake though could not taste the nutty part. :-)

it was a very enjoyable, memorable evening.

Great S$88 4pax Set Lunch on 19Feb2014

See my full reviews & photos at =

had a great 4pax fun lunch at tunglok @ central today on 19.2.2014.

i visited the clinic of my close dental surgeon friend twice a year for regular maintenance, and we went lunch near his clinic afterwards each time with 2 other close friends.

today i ordered the S$88 6-course set lunch for 4pax. PLUS i added a xiaolongbao (小笼包), pan-fried custard buns (流沙包), and a dessert 雪中情怀=杨支甘露 + ice cream for 2 to share, as 2 other of us did not want dessert.

#1 the 2 dim sums were quite ok, competent - fupeiquin (腐皮卷) was good, siew mai 烧卖 was ok..the xiaolongbao (小笼包)i added was low in tasty soup, skin average, overall average or below, the pan-fried custard buns (流沙包) which i asked to serve with the dessert was also average. overall dim sum wise cannot compare with crystal jade or imperial treasure

#2 smoked duck breast was par excellence, as is quite obvious from the photo (top & above) & the braised bean curd too.

#3 lie tong (例汤) was very good, the ingredients included pork soft bones & 粉角 arrowroots, an excellent soup as always.

#4 the poached heng chye with beard was good too.

#5 the prawns with egg white (赛螃蟹) i guess was ok above average dish, prawns was fresh bouncy, the style of preparation not my favourite.

#6 the stone pot rice was excellent!

the pan-fried custard buns (流沙包) was ok average but really the ones at royal china & imperial treasure were much better.

雪中情怀=杨支甘露 + ice cream is my favourite here, though i didn’t take it today. the complimentary refreshment was ok welcome.

overall the set lunch (exclude ala carte orders) was S$100++=S$117 include S$8 for 4pax tea & S$ for peanuts which could do without. quite a good set lunch deal! :-) including 2 more dim sum & 1 desert it was S$141, still ok.

A must go!

A wonderful place for reunion dinner.

Went to the restaurant after working hours and was lucky to get a place as the restaurant was pretty packed with people celebrating the lunar new year. The interior was classy with great ambience.

We were seated and realized that they were only serving the lunar new year menu. We ordered their roasted pork, seafood Ee mian, their soup of the day, and salted chicken. The waiter informed me that the soup contains pig tongue and I was kind of disgusted. The waiter re-assured me that I will not see the pig's tongue and told me that it was one of their hot favorites. Both hubby and I being soup lovers went ahead with the order and have no regrets. The soup is one of the best soup that I ever drank. Following all the other dishes were great as well. The chicken skin is crispy and the meat stays tender. The noodles flavorful with fresh ingredients and their roasted pork, very tender and goes really well with the mustard sauce, Their service is excellent and food excellent as well. Though a bit pricey but its definitely worth it. I will go back for the soup and bring my family for a reunion dinner there the next time round.