Back to Tung Lok Signatures#02-88, Central, 6 Eu Tong Sen Street

Waterfront3 votes

chefquak
 • 19 Feb 2014 158 reviews 1 follower
Overall
See my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2014/02/19/great-s88-4pax-set-lunch-tunglok-signature-at-central-on-19-2-2014/

had a great 4pax fun lunch at tunglok @ central today on 19.2.2014.

i visited the clinic of my close dental surgeon friend twice a year for regular maintenance, and we went lunch near his clinic afterwards each time with 2 other close friends.

today i ordered the S$88 6-course set lunch for 4pax. PLUS i added a xiaolongbao (小笼包), pan-fried custard buns (流沙包), and a dessert 雪中情怀=杨支甘露 + ice cream for 2 to share, as 2 other of us did not want dessert.

#1 the 2 dim sums were quite ok, competent - fupeiquin (腐皮卷) was good, siew mai 烧卖 was ok..the xiaolongbao (小笼包)i added was low in tasty soup, skin average, overall average or below, the pan-fried custard buns (流沙包) which i asked to serve with the dessert was also average. overall dim sum wise cannot compare with crystal jade or imperial treasure

#2 smoked duck breast was par excellence, as is quite obvious from the photo (top & above) & the braised bean curd too.

#3 lie tong (例汤) was very good, the ingredients included pork soft bones & 粉角 arrowroots, an excellent soup as always.

#4 the poached heng chye with beard was good too.

#5 the prawns with egg white (赛螃蟹) i guess was ok above average dish, prawns was fresh bouncy, the style of preparation not my favourite.

#6 the stone pot rice was excellent!

the pan-fried custard buns (流沙包) was ok average but really the ones at royal china & imperial treasure were much better.

雪中情怀=杨支甘露 + ice cream is my favourite here, though i didn’t take it today. the complimentary refreshment was ok welcome.

overall the set lunch (exclude ala carte orders) was S$100++=S$117 include S$8 for 4pax tea & S$ for peanuts which could do without. quite a good set lunch deal! :-) including 2 more dim sum & 1 desert it was S$141, still ok.

Must tries: smoked duck breast, lie tong

FroggyDonald
 • 05 Feb 2014 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
A wonderful place for reunion dinner.

Went to the restaurant after working hours and was lucky to get a place as the restaurant was pretty packed with people celebrating the lunar new year. The interior was classy with great ambience.

We were seated and realized that they were only serving the lunar new year menu. We ordered their roasted pork, seafood Ee mian, their soup of the day, and salted chicken. The waiter informed me that the soup contains pig tongue and I was kind of disgusted. The waiter re-assured me that I will not see the pig's tongue and told me that it was one of their hot favorites. Both hubby and I being soup lovers went ahead with the order and have no regrets. The soup is one of the best soup that I ever drank. Following all the other dishes were great as well. The chicken skin is crispy and the meat stays tender. The noodles flavorful with fresh ingredients and their roasted pork, very tender and goes really well with the mustard sauce, Their service is excellent and food excellent as well. Though a bit pricey but its definitely worth it. I will go back for the soup and bring my family for a reunion dinner there the next time round.

Must tries: Crispy Mini Roast Pork, Soup of the day, Ee mian

After Work, Ala Carte, Birthdays, Business Dining, Dinner, Formal Events, High Tea, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch

chefquak
 • 25 Oct 2013 158 reviews 1 follower
Overall
See my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2013/10/25/fun-birthday-dinner-tung-lok-signature-central-on-22oct2013/

a good friend organised an early birthday dinner for me at tunglok signature @ central which is next to his office on 22.10.2013. we had 4pax for the evening including my wife & a mutual friend. my friend’s god-sister pre-ordered a ala carte menu which turned out to be very good indeed!

we had the usual roast pork as a starter. the look wasn’t that great. taste-wise it was good as usual, especially with the mustard.

we had a very good lie tong 例汤 (soup of the day) with chicken stock & some roots, again a very competent & enjoyable dish as usual for tunglok restaurants.

the wasabi prawns with light mayo topped with some mangoes were excellent, better than what we had recently at peach garden.

the best dish for the evening was the thick sea cucumbers. this was served in a very nice brown braising sauce which was served commonly with abalones or goose webs. the taste was exquisite, & i liked the jinbai (津白) as well.

next up was the star garoupa fillet with broccoli & lily bulbs. the wok hae was super – another excellently executed dish. & i liked especially the deep-fried tofu with shimeji mushrooms, very flavourful.

my friend also arranged for a very nice chocolate truffle birthday cake from swiss bake,and the restaurant made a great presentation with the longevity buns (which came as mini 流沙寿桃) on a plate with calligraphy of meaningful verses by their manager.

it was a very enjoyable dinner with the company, food & conversation. i didn’t ask how much the dinner cost. i estimate the 6 dishes + dessert (excluding the cake to cost S$250. there was a 25% palate discount for 4pax ala carte, so probably about S$220nett.

Must tries: braised sea cucumbers