Back to Tung Lok Signatures#02-88, Central, 6 Eu Tong Sen Street

Waterfront3 votes

Amelia1703
 • 11 Jan 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Tung Lok Signature Central is a wonderful place with great ambience. Its the best place where we can celebrate birthdays or have a reunion dinner. The service there is always up to standard and the waiters face will always be plastered across with a smile. The food is there is on of the best that i have ever tasted. The standard is always very high with good platter deisgns. Especially during brithday celebrations where they specially prepare a test tube juice with different tpes of fruits or vegetables inside.

My own experience was both during birthday celebrations of my grandparents. For birthday celebrations, you just have to give them the maximum amount you are willing to pay for each person, and they will come out with a menu with different types of food within the limited price. This makes life easier for both my family and the restaurant itself.

There is a cosy ambience in the Tung Lok Siganture Central where it makes us feel at home with ease and comfort. All in all, Tung Lok Siganture Central is the place to go when you feel hungry and is the place you go when you want a nice meal with your family.

After Work, Birthdays, Children/Family, Dinner, Graduation, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Nice Deco, Relaxed, View/Scenery, Waterfront, Weddings

LinAhhh
 • 17 Dec 2012 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
rices might be a little steep here but my family have always felt that the food is absolutely good. most of the dishes come in relatively small portions but don't order a big amount of the food, order a variety of it! most loved food there? the roast meat!

might get a little noisy when it comes to dinner time so it's more recommended to visit the place during lunch time! :)

Must tries: curry prawns, Crispy Mini Roast Pork, Chilled Mango Pomelo Ice Cream Dessert

Lunch

FLW
 • 12 Nov 2012 9 reviews 3 followers
Overall
I haven't written a review in a long time, but after this experience I just had to write to express my indignation and disappointment. Ordered:
(1) lobster cooked 2 ways - super tiny portion
(2) lamb chop/rack - tiny portion again. Taste was very blah, and the deep-fried ring of something beneath it (no idea what it was) was very hard
(3) wasabi mayo prawns - salty and cloying, couldn't taste the freshness of the prawns
(4) fish maw soup - I'm Cantonese and I know what good soup is. This wasn't. Besides being overly full of ingredients, the taste was not quite there.
For the price point and marketing (signatures? my foot!!), the food was a total fail in my book. Also, one common point I noted was the random garnishes (a tomato here, a watermelon there, throw in some salad)...or maybe they weren't that random...maybe they served the purpose of filling the plate and distracting the diner from the lousy food.
The decor was refined, but we had no peace with people constantly coming and going and the family gatherings on a Saturday night.
Bill came up to $50+ for 2 after 50% discount with Palate card. Still felt cheated. Though we left still hungry, it was a good thing we didn't order more. As a foodie, this was a birthday dinner I would remember for a long time (for all the wrong reasons).
p.s. be skeptical of anyone who has only a few (or even 1) reviews on HGW and praises the food here.