Reviews for Tung Lok Signatures (Central) (同乐经典)

3.4

AsianCantoneseChinese

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

A Relaxing Birthday Dinner

See my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2015/05/28/a-relaxing-birthday-dinner-at-tunglok-signature-central-on-27may2015/

last evening, we had a birthday dinner for another close friend at tunglok signature @ central on 27.5.2015. ^^ i just had salts egg prawns & roast pork烧肉 at a 13pax RI friends G20 dinner at peach garden @ metropolis the evening before, and that was good too. we can see from the photos that the presentation & colours of the 2 dishes at tunglok were better. taste-wise they were close – the roast pork烧肉 about same, the salted egg prawns maybe tunglok a tad better.
we had the deep-fried cod fillet that seemed to be salted egg flavoured also. it was a well executed dish, somewhat oily. not really a preferred preparation for me. the same dentist friend & mei mei had a birthday dinner for me in 2013 here at this same tunglok outlet. we had star garoupa fillet with broccoli & lily bulbs & that was very good. of course for me, steamed fish is the best. haha!^^ we had the elegant 三层楼, which is a tunglok long standing dish of fried bean curd on spinach & shimeji mushrooms. there was a newer dish of charcoal tofu with lily bulbs 百合. both tofu dishes were very nice! next was a string beans with egg plant. just mildly spicy (if any at all) & quite nicely done. another dish was a bit unusual combination, some squash with japanese edamame & slightly sweet sauce. can’t figure out this dish. as it was a birthday, the restaurant provided complimentary longevity buns 流沙寿桃. they were  presented together with our own birthday cake, and handwritten “calligraphy” by a talented restaurant manager. haha! 少年壮志当十一 英俊潇洒二十一 状元高中三十一 年龄岁岁四十一 成就显赫五十一 儿孙满堂六十一 回想当年七十一 福禄寿全八十一 享受人生九十一 要找北京101??? the message changes according to occasions, so the guy must have a whole bookcase of them. haha!^
• 28 May 2015 • 282 reviews • 1 follower

A Relaxing Birthday Dinner

• tunglok’s 三层楼
• 23 Nov 2014 • 282 reviews • 1 follower

Wife's Belated Birthday on 19Nov2014

Overall
See my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2014/11/23/wifes-belated-birthday-by-my-buddies-tunglok-central-on-19nov2014/

my buddies organised a belated birthday dinner for my wife on 19.11.2014. :-) the place was tunglok signature at central, the same place they did a birthday dinner to remember for me last year. my friend’s god sister again pre-ordered the food. & she arranged the wine & cake too. :-) we had the roast pork (烧肉), which was really excellent. skin was very crispy & the texture & taste was marvellous, & not too fatty. the double boiled soup (炖汤) with sea whelk, black garlic & chicken was super too. this 1 of few soups that could match & better the very good lie tong (例汤) here. very sweet & tasty.

:-we had the spinach tofu (三层楼) with shimeji mushrooms & broccoli, which is another signature dish here. it was very good. :-) next was a salted egg cod fish fillet. it was very well done. cod was very good. for me & also my wife though, the dish was deep-fried & even though it was done well & not very oily, it could not match the simple steamed cod with mui choy (梅菜)。 likewise wasabi mayo prawns was well done & nicely presented. it came with mangoes & salad.  presentation was superior to peach garden’s yuzu prawns. taste wise peach garden’s equally good. yuzu taste was great & dish better w/o the mayo. there was a miscommunication with the server. we thought there were 7 dishes & waited for the noodles & dessert. but it turned out that friend’s god sister arranged 5 dishes & instructed the restaurant to take our orders for the carb & dessert. anyway we were really full with the 5 dishes & there was also the birthday cake, so we decided to skip the carb & dessert. just as well! :-) tunglok provided a complimentary salted egg longevity bun (流沙寿桃) & after signing the birthday song, the servers recited the the 生日快乐十全美 verses. service was excellent! they also provided complimentary star fruit juice. :-) the cake was a nutty chocolate banana from swissbake. i liked the cake though could not taste the nutty part. :-) it was a very enjoyable, memorable evening.
• 19 Feb 2014 • 282 reviews • 1 follower

Great S$88 4pax Set Lunch on 19Feb2014

Overall
See my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2014/02/19/great-s88-4pax-set-lunch-tunglok-signature-at-central-on-19-2-2014/

had a great 4pax fun lunch at tunglok @ central today on 19.2.2014.

i visited the clinic of my close dental surgeon friend twice a year for regular maintenance, and we went lunch near his clinic afterwards each time with 2 other close friends.

today i ordered the S$88 6-course set lunch for 4pax. PLUS i added a xiaolongbao (小笼包), pan-fried custard buns (流沙包), and a dessert 雪中情怀=杨支甘露 + ice cream for 2 to share, as 2 other of us did not want dessert.

#1 the 2 dim sums were quite ok, competent - fupeiquin (腐皮卷) was good, siew mai 烧卖 was ok..the xiaolongbao (小笼包)i added was low in tasty soup, skin average, overall average or below, the pan-fried custard buns (流沙包) which i asked to serve with the dessert was also average. overall dim sum wise cannot compare with crystal jade or imperial treasure

#2 smoked duck breast was par excellence, as is quite obvious from the photo (top & above) & the braised bean curd too.

#3 lie tong (例汤) was very good, the ingredients included pork soft bones & 粉角 arrowroots, an excellent soup as always.

#4 the poached heng chye with beard was good too.

#5 the prawns with egg white (赛螃蟹) i guess was ok above average dish, prawns was fresh bouncy, the style of preparation not my favourite.

#6 the stone pot rice was excellent!

the pan-fried custard buns (流沙包) was ok average but really the ones at royal china & imperial treasure were much better.

雪中情怀=杨支甘露 + ice cream is my favourite here, though i didn’t take it today. the complimentary refreshment was ok welcome.

overall the set lunch (exclude ala carte orders) was S$100++=S$117 include S$8 for 4pax tea & S$ for peanuts which could do without. quite a good set lunch deal! :-) including 2 more dim sum & 1 desert it was S$141, still ok.