apparently, it is a participating merchant for the palatte card and/or amex platinum, hence, we could expect the bill to be halved at the end of the day. condition applicable is such, where minimum order of 2 alacarte in order to enjoy the half price perk.
we picked the signature dish - chilli crab & half a ji ling duck, and went all out with the appetizers to fill the gap, while waiting. the waitress misunderstood, thinking i had ordered item 1 & 6, to which i corrected... "no no... item 1 to 6". she looked astonished and repeated the order as if her eyes were popping out of the sockets. as well as chrysantemum as thirst quencher.
the appetizers arrived swiftly in succession, while we chattered & bitched about our work, as well as cracking a few jokes of our own, filling the house with our animated gestures & audible chuckles.
as we were working our way through to finishing the appetizers, the waitress presented the glistening ji ling duck, skinned it neatly served with crepes, before slicing the portions neatly for our picking after. followed shortly with the chilli crab.
i'll make special mention of following:
1. the crispy pork belly - sinfully delicious, unless u're on a strict doctor's order, there's no reason y any normal chinese eater would avoid it.
2. braised duck tongue in XO chilli - another delicacy that isnt readily available in town. the light crunchy texture makes it an enjoyable snack
3. soya braised duck winglet - not for chopsticks amatuers. but worth every attempt
4. the ji ling duck - fundamentally peking duck. the skin was roasted to a nice even glisten, for a moment i thought was glazed in thick lacquer. thouroughly enjoyable with the crepes & leaks.
5. chilled mango pomelo on ice-cream, served in young coconut was a nice conclusion to the feast.
the total bill for 2 came to a whopping total of $150 (before taxes & charges). if it wasnt for the amex privileges, we'd still be washing dishes by now.
I spent $90 per person.
Must tries: Crispy Mini Roast Pork, BBQ Peking Duck, Duck Tongue XO Chilli, Chilled Mango Pomelo Ice Cream Dessert
- I also recommend this place for:
- Lunch, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Business Dining, Corporate Events, Fine Dining, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, After Work, Private Dining, Quiet, View/Scenery, Waterfront
0 people found this review helpful
Was it helpful to you? Yes