Reviews for TungLok Signatures (Central) (同乐经典)

3.4

AsianCantoneseChinese
Address: #02-88, Central, 6 Eu Tong Sen Street, 059817

+65 6884 6884
28 May 2015

A Relaxing Birthday Dinner

See my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2015/05/28/a-relaxing-birthday-dinner-at-tunglok-signature-central-on-27may2015/

last evening, we had a birthday dinner for another close friend at tunglok signature @ central on 27.5.2015. ^^

i just had salts egg prawns & roast pork烧肉 at a 13pax RI friends G20 dinner at peach garden @ metropolis the evening before, and that was good too.

we can see from the photos that the presentation & colours of the 2 dishes at tunglok were better. taste-wise they were close – the roast pork烧肉 about same, the salted egg prawns maybe tunglok a tad better.

we had the deep-fried cod fillet that seemed to be salted egg flavoured also. it was a well executed dish, somewhat oily. not really a preferred preparation for me.

the same dentist friend & mei mei had a birthday dinner for me in 2013 here at this same tunglok outlet. we had star garoupa fillet with broccoli & lily bulbs & that was very good. of course for me, steamed fish is the best. haha!^^

we had the elegant 三层楼, which is a tunglok long standing dish of fried bean curd on spinach & shimeji mushrooms.

there was a newer dish of charcoal tofu with lily bulbs 百合.

both tofu dishes were very nice!

next was a string beans with egg plant. just mildly spicy (if any at all) & quite nicely done.

another dish was a bit unusual combination, some squash with japanese edamame & slightly sweet sauce. can’t figure out this dish.

as it was a birthday, the restaurant provided complimentary longevity buns 流沙寿桃.

they were  presented together with our own birthday cake, and handwritten “calligraphy” by a talented restaurant manager. haha!

少年壮志当十一

回想当年七十一

福禄寿全八十一

享受人生九十一

要找北京101???

the message changes according to occasions, so the guy must have a whole bookcase of them. haha!^

More reviews of TungLok Signatures

Overall

Great place to have dinner with your another half

The value for me is alright because i got safra and have $50 discount, but the food there really worth the price as i have their set menu, their shark fins is really very very nice.

The ambience is good as you know their is just a Singapore river right in front of where you eat. Try their balcony dinner as it is very romantic when it's in the night. But it's rather hot outside if their is no wind.

As for their service i can say 10% of service charge is not enough as they have super good service. Will sure go back to eat again. I strongly recommend this place although the price is quite ex.

Nice but Expensive!

I recommend the Peking duck. You can taste the juicy and cruncy skin when its wrapped up in the popiah skin thingy and sweet sauce. Furthermore they serve the meat separately so its like you have 2 dishes for price of 1 but its additional cost if you want them to cook the meat in a different way. The vegetable with egg (can'r remember the actual name) is very tangy and goes well with a variety of other dishes and rice. This place has an area that is outdoors and has a nice view of the city skyline and is quite romantic and a boon to al frensco dining lovers. Not sure if smoking is allowed though. This place is not cheap. The bill for 2 person came up to $120+ and we ate only normal stuff not all seafood or what. My darling also loved the mango pudding dessert which according to her is one of the best she ever tasted. The service staff is very attentive. They actually rushed over and insisted to pour tea when my wife tried to do it for me.

Excellent food and service

Celebrated my MIL's birthday there recently. The food quality was excellent. I liked the refreshing Chilled Dessert with Sun Tomatoes and Aloe Vera the most. When it's birthday cake time, the staff gathered, joined in the singing and even added the Canto version on top of the usual English & Mandrain ones !

Test Tube Juice

Tim Sum is tasty and lots varieties. Service is excellent and you will feel like a queen. Must try test tube juice blend in different try of vegetable, fruits and most of all it is healthy. Good family gathering…bring your parent along! :)

Service - 0/10, Food - 5/10, Desserts - 8/10

We decided to go to Tung Lok Signatures at The Central for our New Years dinner.

It was a lesson well learnt. That is, never to go to Tung Lok less you are prepared for avid sales people posing as service staff and random bugs trooping around your table.

It was very nearly a harrowing experience if not for the array of excellent desserts.

So there, that is the one good thing i have to say about Tung Lok.

Now for the harsh reality.

The waitress who took our order was overwhelming, loud, rude, abrasive and did nothing but SELL her promotional dishes. VERY ANNOYING. everything we wanted she countered loudly with a promotional order of some kind. This was done in a loud and abrasive manner cutting us off mid speech. Not impressed.

The food was so damn mediocre it was not even funny. Even worse was the so called 'fantastic' rib that she recommended - it was SO fatty there was scarcely anything to eat after one cut out all the fatty bits (to save from immediate heart failure or certain death from cholestrol).

And then there was the complete ignorance of fine dining service on their part. Food was rushed out with no proper chain of order or even logic. Think vegetables randomly arriving mid starter!? We had to ask them to slow down and even turned away our mains just so we could finish our starters and our soups. To make things worst, the imbecile of a woman left all our mains sitting out in plain sight. What a nightmare. She eventually took it in only for it to be served a while later (possibly spat on and microwaved) sigh.

To make things worse, I found a bug crawling around the table - the waitress picked it off laughing and joked that it was there as a friend. I almost gagged.

NEVER AGAIN.

I have no issues with paying for a premium price for premium food, but not when its mediocre, of poor quality, and even worse service.

EPIC FAIL.